Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Item loss and decay are the same things in the end. The item disappears.

It doesn't have to be slow or fast. It can be in the middle.

Repair can be an option... Each repair lowers the max durability, until it can be no longer repaired.

Pre-NGE (and maybe after) SWG had durability loss upon death, usage decay, and repairs lowering max durability. It worked very well. If it had looting, it would have worked that much better.
    Welcome back

I always thought that repair option was the plan they were implementing, exactly how you stated it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Book -

So what you're saying is that you don't want full loot. I could even say you don't want any looting. Potential players can read the game features before buying. If they X out because of losing their stuff, they did while in the know.
    That's what I was saying? Oh, thanks for letting me know

Pretty basic concept in game design I think, hook the new players and aim for retention... but perhaps that's not something worth thinking about... /shrug.

Don't think I really care about full loot one way or the other really. Much more interested in the other things they're working on. To each his own, if that's alright with you of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    That's what I was saying? Oh, thanks for letting me know

Pretty basic concept in game design I think, hook the new players and aim for retention... but perhaps that's not something worth thinking about... /shrug.

Don't think I really care about full loot one way or the other really. Much more interested in the other things they're working on. To each his own, if that's alright with you of course.

How does hooking new players and retention have to do with full loot or not? You saying that new players want no looting?

Here's some spice for the stew.

When should the act of looting (full or not) effect alignment status? Always, sometimes, never?

EDIT: Personally I would like to see it effect social/political status between tribes/alliances instead of/or in addition to possibly, good and evil. Just IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchfoot View Post
    Here's some spice for the stew.

When should the act of looting (full or not) effect alignment status? Always, sometimes, never?
    Always, unless it was your kill and they were evil. Looting other peoples kills should be an evil act always.

Always, unless it was your kill and they were evil. Looting other peoples kills should be an evil act always.
    So a good aligned friend wouldn't be able to loot his good aligned pal to save his stuff, without an alignment hit?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    How does hooking new players and retention have to do with full loot or not? You saying that new players want no looting?
    No, JC decided to read my comment about how the calculations involved in whether or not to do a corpse run might affect new players vs. veteran players.. and instead just wanted to announce I don't want full-loot... whatever really. I've got a wall in this room here I can talk to. All good.

Wink

I see everyone's panties have gotten into a wad again. There IS NOTHING in the game currently that cannot be replaced easily.

Enough with the whine about PVP or the lack of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchfoot View Post
    So a good aligned friend wouldn't be able to loot his good aligned pal to save his stuff, without an alignment hit?
    I agree with DDT quite often, but he's wrong here. Looting other people shouldn't be an evil act if they are part of your tribe or friends list. And it shouldn't even be that bad of an evil act...or maybe only have penalty for looting good players.

Player reputation shouldn't be easy to change, but not hard either. 1 kill of a good player shouldn't change you from a good player to a neutral or evil player. It should take killing 3 good players within a period of say, one month, for alignment to change.

during early beta it was mentioned that the looting and/or killing of anyone - by anyone would result in a faction hit.