Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    First off, you can only have 1 recipe, and it takes a year to level up a skill you can toss solo players right out the window. Is this what your goal is? I will dispute the other stuff after I have an answer hear or the debate here.
    Why ? They can have that 1 recipe and use that one and have everything they need, if they want another one for whatever reason they can trade for that.
    I'm going offline now so can't reply to your questions for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Why ? They can have that 1 recipe and use that one and have everything they need, if they want another one for whatever reason they can trade for that.
    I'm going offline now so can't reply to your questions for a while.
    Its not very solo if they have to trade now is it?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    You are a complete moron if you think the devs don't read the reasons. You should get off this game it's completely obvious you have no clue what you are talking about.

Figures, Animal Crackers. Starting shit on another thread...seriously. I know this is the only PVP you have but you don't have to derail every thread.

Get off my thread or get on topic.

By the way, you didn't have to read it. You didn't have to even open the thread. You knew what was inside. Are you now supporting the games current state or something? or is Kinslayer way off base here?

On topic
    WOW seriously you need to take a chill pill Mr Gooey !

Ilmaculate ! Did I really send that PM ? The question has to asked though who the one that has more problems the one threatening someone that is disabled or someone that makes a clan in the image of a black guy with learning difficulties - answer - probably both !

Any back on topic or Mr Gooey might get his nickers in more of a twist.

You sound like a whinny little teenage boy crying because someone posted in his thread....

A chill pill? Who's the one who sounds like they are a whining teenage boy? Every post you make makes you look like more of a troll with NOTHING relevant to say. Yes it is obvious to everyone here. No, nothing you have posted has been of any help to this thread. All pointless attacks at me because you are bored. What a life you live.

Is that it? I'm crying because someone posted in my thread? Or am I responding to a moron who starts shit AGAIN because he literally has nothing better to do.

You keep your pills, I'll keep my brain.

Again, obvious to everyone but you. Also obvious you have NO idea what chill even means if you think that last post was "needing to take a chill pill".

So you say "Anyway back on topic" but have yet to post one thing on topic. Now leave.

Why isn't this thread locked? Such spewing of hatred, name calling and just silly juvenile nastiness. It makes you all look bad and makes the forums look bad.

Surely you are all better than this -

I just want him off this thread. There has been some good discussion here. But he has brought nothing but content which has cause for locking this thread. I don't want that to happen because some people have been sharing reasons why the game could be better and even have given quality suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    A chill pill? Who's the one who sounds like they are a whining teenage boy? Every post you make makes you look like more of a troll with NOTHING relevant to say. Yes it is obvious to everyone here. No, nothing you have posted has been of any help to this thread. All pointless attacks at me because you are bored. What a life you live.

Is that it? I'm crying because someone posted in my thread? Or am I responding to a moron who starts shit AGAIN because he literally has nothing better to do.

You keep your pills, I'll keep my brain.

Again, obvious to everyone but you. Also obvious you have NO idea what chill even means if you think that last post was "needing to take a chill pill".

So you say "Anyway back on topic" but have yet to post one thing on topic. Now leave.
    Now dude you really need to chill. These random outburst of anger you are having ... well it just ain't right.

So anyway back on topic ...

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    Now dude you really need to chill. These random outburst of anger you are having ... well it just ain't right.

So anyway back on topic ...
    There's no anger...look at my forum user name, you really think I am angry?. I'm more chill than you will ever be. I just don't see why you seem to have a hard on for derailing this thread though.

Hysterical telling someone to chill after intentionally provoking them through personal attacks. Whatever, I'm done with you.

Relating to topic...here is a post I was looking at on DFO forums. Doesn't this post look AWFULLY similar?

Any proposition to improve economy ends up in loud whining. Maybe except non-specific "AV, do something about it, you lazy bastards". The main argument is "we're here to PvP, not to waste time". Most playerbase don't even want auction house.

Any proposition to destroy economy meets loud applause. Faster crafting skill gains, better loot on mobs, making rare items easier to get etc.

Functioning economy must be based on scarcity. You buy something because you need it badly, and have no reliable way to get it for free by travelling to close mob spot. You sell something because you really need to buy something else.

Added after 22 minutes:

Another post from the DFO forums, from a newbie after discussing skill caps and such

So everyone can learn everything... thats boring. I was interested and was having fun in trial. But being the master of everything is not fun.

With that said, I sure hope skill decay in this game only allows us to be able to maintain one or two 100 level skills from each category, even if we play a few hours daily.

Added after 18 minutes:

and another post from DFO, relating to adding soft skill caps. Someone said everyone would quit if skill caps were created.

No I would stay. And I would welcome it as FUCKING HELL. This game needs some kind of restriction in terms of skill so badly that it is fucking ridiculous and this has been the situation since launch, too bad it's kind of too late now and most people have already quit. But better late than never?

So yeah, just look at how great DFO was and how it started failing.

Back on topic:

I was looking at joining AR and would have if the game kept my interest. I went the way Book did and tried the solo thing. . that kept the game interesting a bit longer. I think honestly you are just prolonging the "now what" question. I suppose it all depends how much they can finesse the game until you run out of things to do.

I still hope the game works out well. I can't play anything else and would love to come back. I just need a few more reasons.

Im not currently in game... I would prefer to call it inactive... Since in my mind I am free to return at anytime when I see individually feel and see the need to based of updates and content...

NorCalGooey... Some people are less sensitive to some issues or just more cold hearted with a sarcastic sense of busting your %^$%^ so to speak.... Im like that sometimes... The best you can do is pay no attention to it and move forward because I do see this a a great post were everyone is able to share thoughts, and hopefully developers can read them....

As a suggestion or forethought to the system... One thing that can help would probably be some kinds of logical realistic mixture with skills, decay, and items... Where, the higher a craft is or more specialized the crafter is in that field the better the item and less of chance of item breakage.... The higher the quality of crafted tool+quality base material will add a possible chance variable to make a higher quality tool.. Higher quality tools can make higher quality items where it would be skill+tool quality in which determine the out come chance variable on items which determine their (hidden value).... Hidden values on crafted tools and items will help add reason and fame to specific trade with crafters, and possible business they bring forth... This concept pretty much makes every crafter in a given field unique who can craft unique items... A person of lower skill or non chosen craft field, who probably if they have said recipe may attempt to craft an item but items will always be of lesser value with a higher rate or percent chance of breakage... When I say (hidden value) I mean i mean number base qualities that are there for game mechanic computations as needed but where and through use the crafter becomes well known for his/her work.... Or either just make any and all values known on a GUI pop up info panel... Items than can also possible be imped up to another level either through repair or adding value to the item through material bonuses used while imping by a person with the repair skill or craft skill in that field which it took to make said item, where their skills again can come into play as far to overall new item quality and value...

The Item, tools, weapons, and armors ect.. will there for always have a possible % chance of upgrade or downgrade based on skill with a % chance of breakage based on skill as well...

For example: A quality level 99 silver spear being used against an opponent who is using copper breast plated armor should have a very higher % chance to break in comparison as to someone using a quality level 99 iron spear... But say for whatever reasons that silver spear survived combat but is highly damaged but a high level crafter made this item and this item is taken to a lower level crafter for repair... This item should have a higher base % chance for breakage by that crafter or even a higher % chance to lower its quality level spiral downwards, since the tech or experience use by a previous crafter would supersede the new crafter who's repairing would be of lesser knowledge...

For example: A quality 20 tool made by a crafter of non profession who decided to use this tool to craft armor which is within their profession will always yield low quality armor which also has a higher base chance for failure or added base chance of lower quality armor values, and higher % chance of breakage...

For example: A quality 99 tool made by a crafter of chosen expertise field who decided to sell his tool to someone who is of another field who uses that tool to make armor with high quality materials will have a higher % chance of making stronger armor with a higher value on that item with a lesser % chance of breakage...