Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leaving Xyson

I find this thread anything but tiresome and unnecessary. Again its about expressing oneself and Im sad to see them go. They were a group of players I was expecting to be in the game, and was looking forward to playing a game with them in it. They are a good adversary in which I think would have made the game more fun for many tribes and people.

I find posts like you make, with personal attacks and drama to be unnecessary, and really does nothing to help the game nor peoples state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post
    Why would you all come on here right before a huge update that fixes a lot of what people have been complaining about to say you quit? Thats just not making.Now if it was a week after the update and you wasent happy that would make sense.

Really dumb or hidden agenda.
    That's what I was thinking. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    Mr Gooney please respond via PM in future you seem to be on some kind of crusade of some deluded sort.

I don't think I am only one finding these "I am leaving" teenage tantrum posts tiresome and unnecessary. The devs are well aware of the failings of the game and are doing there best to add all the stuff they originally wanted.

Thanks.
    Exactly, Saorlan. That's why I think you are delusional. You seem to think I'm on a crusade against you? You don't seem to understand who came in attacking someone else. You need to stay away from shit like that and this won't happen. Stay on topic and don't come into a thread and start making personal attacks.

To Unclean and DDT. One patch alone won't fix everything. We will still be having plenty of discussion about working economy, adding value to items, etc...after this patch.

With that said, people shouldn't be leaving a couple days before. Play the new patch for a few days them make a decision.

Anyone else think that all of these "I'm leaving and this is why" threads are the online equivalent of "I'm taking my ball and going home"? They sure seem to be to me. If you don't like the game, then don't play and I sincerely hope you find a game you like elsewhere. If you have something constructive to say then say it. Don't say "I'm not going to play unless you do X." The people making the game are doing their best to fix everything... in fact all the reasons people are leaving have been on their "to fix" list since before you left!

If you want to see a decent game completely ruined by listening to too many "I'm leaving unless" statements then look at WoW. Everyone complained about having to work for things so much that they've made the game the equivelent of logging in and winning immediately. Hell I think they give you a mount at character creation now and if you sneeze they give you epic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by robofriven View Post
    Anyone else think that all of these "I'm leaving and this is why" threads are the online equivalent of "I'm taking my ball and going home"? They sure seem to be to me. If you don't like the game, then don't play and I sincerely hope you find a game you like elsewhere. If you have something constructive to say then say it. Don't say "I'm not going to play unless you do X." The people making the game are doing their best to fix everything... in fact all the reasons people are leaving have been on their "to fix" list since before you left!

If you want to see a decent game completely ruined by listening to too many "I'm leaving unless" statements then look at WoW. Everyone complained about having to work for things so much that they've made the game the equivelent of logging in and winning immediately. Hell I think they give you a mount at character creation now and if you sneeze they give you epic gear.

Im an owner of a company, and feedback like this is a lot of times needed. Many times I dont know what is going on. Why someone didnt keep with a program or not, if they were to just stop. Feedback is a good thing even if its negative, as long as its truthful and not made up stuff.

I dont think they are saying "Im leaving unless" I think its more "Later, the game isnt coming out like we thought, here is why" and not "I quitting unless xyz is put into place" even if it were, its still good feedback if 90% of your target base is saying it.

I think you made a bad point about "all the things they want fixed have been on the "to fix" list since before you left" because, thats their point. Its been on the list for over a year now and still no progress nor reports on it.

Anyone else think that all of these "I'm leaving and this is why" threads are the online equivalent of "I'm taking my ball and going home"?
    Now that was funny

So the feedback was:
    1) Not enough people playing.
    2) Don't want to pay to play... yet.

Free to play might bring in more people, but maybe not, and not financially feasible.

More people online will likely be a function of further development to a point the devs find it reasonable to advertise. All of which takes money, hence pay to play.

Feedback gotten I'd assume. Onwards.

Nah lots of people put a lot of time and passion into these types of games. they are not just easy to walk away from. Almost anytime you cancel a service you are asked why you are leaving. Companies typically (and should) want this feedback. Sure they can see the sub numbers but having people say why they are leaving is helpful - also cathartic. It is not a 'taking my ball and going home' thread in my opinion.

And I agree. . taking the time to post how a thread is useless is just as useless as the thread itself.. . just stop bumping it

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Im an owner of a company, and feedback like this is a lot of times needed. Many times I dont know what is going on. Why someone didnt keep with a program or not, if they were to just stop. Feedback is a good thing even if its negative, as long as its truthful and not made up stuff.

I dont think they are saying "Im leaving unless" I think its more "Later, the game isnt coming out like we thought, here is why" and not "I quitting unless xyz is put into place" even if it were, its still good feedback if 90% of your target base is saying it.

I think you made a bad point about "all the things they want fixed have been on the "to fix" list since before you left" because, thats their point. Its been on the list for over a year now and still no progress nor reports on it.
    Feedback is a good thing, but how many times do you need to hear people say "I'm leaving because combat sucks and there's sync issues"? They knew it was a problem and have said that the current combat was more of a place holder then anything else. Not only that, but these people, if paying attention would know that there is going to be a big patch that's supposed to fix the things they hate.

As far as my "bad point" I disagree. There has been a lot of updates on the combat issue, not to mention I hear it's been running on the test server (every time I look the server's down) and they say it's almost done. Yes it has taken them a long time to get to it, but getting the game in working order was a lot more important then combat to them (and me). Afterall, what's the point in an awesome combat system if you have 1 minute lag spikes between the cool hits you're making?

I'm all for feedback and helping the devs understand what needs to be done, (and there's 2 whole sections of the forum for just that) I'm just saying that the endless stream of "I'm leaving because of X" posts sounds a lot more like "I'm taking my ball and going home" rather then a constructive argument about game improvements.

Feedback is a good thing, but how many times do you need to hear people say "I'm leaving because combat sucks and there's sync issues"? They knew it was a problem and have said that the current combat was more of a place holder then anything else. Not only that, but these people, if paying attention would know that there is going to be a big patch that's supposed to fix the things they hate.

As far as my "bad point" I disagree. There has been a lot of updates on the combat issue, not to mention I hear it's been running on the test server (every time I look the server's down) and they say it's almost done. Yes it has taken them a long time to get to it, but getting the game in working order was a lot more important then combat to them (and me). Afterall, what's the point in an awesome combat system if you have 1 minute lag spikes between the cool hits you're making?

I'm all for feedback and helping the devs understand what needs to be done, (and there's 2 whole sections of the forum for just that) I'm just saying that the endless stream of "I'm leaving because of X" posts sounds a lot more like "I'm taking my ball and going home" rather then a constructive argument about game improvements.

Well lets see. Lets just say 5000 people bought the game.
    4500 left or canceled.

If only 1 persons posts "Im leaving because the game sucks and no combat". Devs might go. Ok thats a fluke.
    If 1000 people post "Im leaving because the game sucks and no combat". Its going to be more noticed.

So how many times do you need to hear it? Every time it applies would be best, yet I doubt every player that leaves will give the forum feedback to let them know why.

I dont understand your point. If most people are upset with combat, and thats the problem then it should be fixed first before 1min lag spikes (every how often?). I understand what you are saying, but in my opinion, Ive not seen these "1 min lag spikes" and I believe you might just be making them up to prove your point, which doesnt prove it at all. Because if there were 1min lag spikes, people would be using that as the reason they are leaving and not lack of combat.

You can think thats how people are saying it, but doesnt change the fact thats not how they are saying it. They are saying why and letting people and the devs know why. Im sure there are some posts saying "If you dont change it we will quit." But Ive not seen much of that.
    Ive seen more of "Ok Ive had enough, and leaving until its fixed" Which is totally understandable.

Anyways debating the point of someones feedback post is more pointless than the post itself, and sounds more like you are trying to flame the players instead of understanding they are upset and leaving due to the lack of a well made game.

Most of the quitting posts are a lot more meaningful than that. This one wasn't helpful because they didn't say why they were leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Well lets see. Lets just say 5000 people bought the game.
    4500 left or canceled.

If only 1 persons posts "Im leaving because the game sucks and no combat". Devs might go. Ok thats a fluke.
    If 1000 people post "Im leaving because the game sucks and no combat". Its going to be more noticed.

So how many times do you need to hear it? Every time it applies would be best, yet I doubt every player that leaves will give the forum feedback to let them know why.

I dont understand your point. If most people are upset with combat, and thats the problem then it should be fixed first before 1min lag spikes (every how often?). I understand what you are saying, but in my opinion, Ive not seen these "1 min lag spikes" and I believe you might just be making them up to prove your point, which doesnt prove it at all. Because if there were 1min lag spikes, people would be using that as the reason they are leaving and not lack of combat.

You can think thats how people are saying it, but doesnt change the fact thats not how they are saying it. They are saying why and letting people and the devs know why. Im sure there are some posts saying "If you dont change it we will quit." But Ive not seen much of that.
    Ive seen more of "Ok Ive had enough, and leaving until its fixed" Which is totally understandable.

Anyways debating the point of someones feedback post is more pointless than the post itself, and sounds more like you are trying to flame the players instead of understanding they are upset and leaving due to the lack of a well made game.
    To clarify I was talking about the atrocious lag that was happening around launch time in response to your comment about people complaining about combat for a year. I truly feel like they handled the combat issue as soon as they possibly could in any kind of meaningful manner given their manpower available.

I wasn't flaming. I admit I was tempted to flame it for a minute, (the thought "good riddance" certainly appeared in my thoughts more then once) but decided to make more of a cogent point and express what I felt was happening. I disagree with you on some points, but that happens. At the very least I still think there's far too many new threads made about leaving, but I tend not to read most of them as they more often then not just tend to be kicking a dead horse or complaining about something that, in the devs words, the game was never supposed to be. (I know the phrase "the next great pvp game" came up somewhere)

As far as useless, well that's a matter of opinion. I tend to enjoy debating (intelligently) the merits behind people's actions, and this is the internet, whose soul purpose I feel is wasting time that could be better spent in the real world.