Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arashisr View Post
    Grinding Branch barricades for a new arch recipe and Dismantling after I have gotten back the wrong resources in the wrong slot. Example getting grass twine in the branch slot. I have also a few times have gotten 6 twine back in the branch slot and 2 twine back in the twine slot. for a total return of 8 twine out of a possible 4 twine build. :P

I finally got a new recipe after about 26 or so Barricades. The Masonry Roof takes 160 Granite Bricks and 40 mortar. I ground out the bricks but while trying to get my bucket and paddle I have bugged 5 baskets. They wont open and when I click on them to open again it gives the error its already open by <player>. I stored backups in multiple containers just in case one bugged but now to finish my new recipe I will have to cut down a tree (if I can get to one of my saws) and make a new bucket so I can do the mortar. Such fun :P

Also while making grass twine for my arch grinding. I gained several new recipes the ropes, grass mat, grass thatch, and quite a few new hats including the master and grandmaster hats (basketry skill of 39). It seems wrong to get them at such a low skill level. But all in all having fun with the new patch.
    I can confirm you dismantling bug you are talking about.

I find it extremely easy to grind with this dismantling method. However, I am 76 arch, the higher the arch the more mats you get back.

Also, if you use the same branches and twine over and over eventually they will become junk quailty and eventually when you dismantle all mats will destroy. I believe this is working as intended, and are branches the first resource to decay? Well actually, I guess any resources of anything you can dismantle can now decay.

My contribution to this thread is on topic with the op but not so much the current discussion. Has anyone else noticed a severe issue with tree and terrain distance changes? Not sure if this is documented or not but the game world looks absolutely horribad now...

Also anytime I make ANY change to the settings menu in game, I crash after closing the menu.

Agreed, looks bad. They did this to improve loading times.

Lol...sadly my loading times seem to be 1-2 mins longer on both comps...it does look absolutely horrible. Hope they change it back.

I've had a stop watch when I was at loading screen. I can confirm that they have in fact decreased.

I usually had between 2-3min loading, I'm now between 1-2min (depending on programs running in the background).

Added after 26 minutes:

Dismantling is working as intended.

Buildings build prior to the patch of 07/02/11 does not give resources back. Buildings build after the patch do give resources back.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Structures built after the patch will give you resources back on dismantling. Structures built before the patch didn't have the ability to "remember" what materials went into them.
    -edit Seems I may be wrong based on Raguel's response below. I hear a lot of "i didnt get any mats back" from people dismantling old structures though.

Blades, bats, etc. being rare kind of relegates weaponcrafting to medium handles and nails (spiked clubs) for any means to level up.

If the resources stay as is then I don't think a skill cap would be warranted, as your ability to make "everything" will be severly limited to the logistics of hundreds of items which you don't have ready access to. The ability to make all sorts of items will be dependent on actual gameplay (travelling to scavenge or trading with others) not just digging through your tons of pre-sorted mats in your baskets. The ability to make a set of items with a specific bonus is going to be a real chore and the items will have real value above and beyond the work it took to spam 10000 spiked clubs, etc.

The balance pendelum has swung all the way back to favor tribes again. A homesteader without exhorbitant amounts of free time is going to find it very difficult to gather up a decent amount of the various rares needed or wanted to make many "good" items.
    As it should be. You can't expect to be able to do anything in one day. Neither can tribes, so they work together on getting there faster. A homesteader can't do that and shouldn't be able to be as quick as tribes.

Can still only learn new arch recipes each level up. This should be changed. It's like you are rewarding us less for being high level. Because each level takes longer, each new recipe takes longer...even though we are in the process of mastering the skill not getting worse at it.

Added after 10 minutes:

Dismantling buildings/walls from before the patch = no mats back. Needs a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post

As it should be. You can't expect to be able to do anything in one day. Neither can tribes, so they work together on getting there faster. A homesteader can't do that and shouldn't be able to be as quick as tribes.
    I just hope it doesn't end up like at the game's start. Those in tribes blew through the content so fast that they got bored and stopped playing when there was nothing left to achieve. It is mainly the homesteaders who couldn't do everything in one day that stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    I just hope it doesn't end up like at the game's start. Those in tribes blew through the content so fast that they got bored and stopped playing when there was nothing left to achieve. It is mainly the homesteaders who couldn't do everything in one day that stuck around.
    How can you say that? We are one of the most active tribes and we still aren't even close to blowing through content.

The content is us creating stuff. Hopefully some sort of conflict content will come in very soon....

And that sorry excuse of a tribe lands Hopi has built, they have no excuse to say they blew through the content. Again, the content is what we make with the tools provided. It's almost limitless, not one single tribe has anywhere close to a completed city at this point in time...and I mean if th ey were to REALLY work at it and make it grand...not just leave 100s of square meters of grass laying around with NOTHING on it. Rebuilding civilization isn't rebuilding tents and calling it a day....

What I have been seeing is the White Fir trees seem to have sprouted too many branches. They down to the ground like you said, but they are also extremely densely packed with branches. We have two trees on our tribe land and they are smothering half of our camp. You can't see through them.

Kill them then ?

The bag not appearing has been fixed..