Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As a Toolcrafter with 90 Int I learned 123 recipes by level 42 and none since. There are more than 123 toolcrafter recipes and I have to find the recipes for the extra tools. STATS MATTER in this game. Int and Perception less than 90 will really affect skill progression and stat increases/decreases across the board.

I found a Scrappers Concrete Porch.

rerolled my character explicitly built for arch and scavenging

started at lvl 25 with 9 recipes

ground upto lvl 51 currently have 20 recipes

i know last time i ground arch i was still getting recipes upto level 80

Yesterday I learned the GM Cloth Hat at lvl 36 as well as all the other cloth hats. Note tailoring had cloth rope recipes added with the patch.

I Would like to make my observations clear; Crafts to which new recipes have been added no longer provide new recipes in the manner which we are used to.

-Up until last patch, if there were recipes unlockable at your current level, these recipes would be learned after a fairly reasonable number of craft attempts (it wouldnt take more than 15 minutes for a new recipe if you dont need to lvl up to be able to learn said recipe). Currently crafts to which new items have been added give you new recipes without verifying that you have the requisite level (proof gm grass hat at lvl 10, not 99. gm cloth hat at 36 not 99).

-Also it seems that every recipe gain in architecture is tied to a level up, what i mean is that one cannot learn a new arch recipe on a craft attempt for which a level is not gained. Not all level ups provide new recipes, but new recipes are ONLY gained at level up.
    i) This means that we will not be able to learn new recipes after lvl 100,
    ii) we will not ever learn more than 95 more items than we started with and
    iii) High level architects are being hadicapped for being a high level - each lvl up takes longer than the previous, so each new project takes longer to be learned as well.

IMO, iii) is the worst, as high level architects are being punished for having a high level. This makes no sense; recipe gains should increase in frequency as your level increases, and the maximum you can learn should be limited by not having a high enough level, not by having too high of a level.

Also starting with architecture gives you fewer potential level ups on which to learn a recipe. People who start at architects thus end up as the worst architects. Try explaining that to a new player.

Hopefully these issues will be addressed by an Official shortly.

I took basketry at the beginning. I leveld up to about 36 and never learned 1 recipe until after the patch.

Also basketry probably got new recipes added which are ment for people to know. So when they craft they learn those new easy recipes.

At least i can finally learn new recipes in basketry, before I couldnt.

Toolcrafting seems exactly the same as before the patch.

Each craft should have more easy stuff like toolcrafting. Then there can be other harder recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by b_ulam View Post
    Yesterday I learned the GM Cloth Hat at lvl 36 as well as all the other cloth hats. Note tailoring had cloth rope recipes added with the patch.

I Would like to make my observations clear; Crafts to which new recipes have been added no longer provide new recipes in the manner which we are used to.

-Up until last patch, if there were recipes unlockable at your current level, these recipes would be learned after a fairly reasonable number of craft attempts (it wouldnt take more than 15 minutes for a new recipe if you dont need to lvl up to be able to learn said recipe). Currently crafts to which new items have been added give you new recipes without verifying that you have the requisite level (proof gm grass hat at lvl 10, not 99. gm cloth hat at 36 not 99).

-Also it seems that every recipe gain in architecture is tied to a level up, what i mean is that one cannot learn a new arch recipe on a craft attempt for which a level is not gained. Not all level ups provide new recipes, but new recipes are ONLY gained at level up.
    i) This means that we will not be able to learn new recipes after lvl 100,
    ii) we will not ever learn more than 95 more items than we started with and
    iii) High level architects are being hadicapped for being a high level - each lvl up takes longer than the previous, so each new project takes longer to be learned as well.

IMO, iii) is the worst, as high level architects are being punished for having a high level. This makes no sense; recipe gains should increase in frequency as your level increases, and the maximum you can learn should be limited by not having a high enough level, not by having too high of a level.

Hopefully these issues will be addressed by an Official shortly.
    I agree, the worst part of this is that if you played before the patch dilligently raising arch skill in preparation for future builds, now you are, as you say, handicapped because now you have fewer levels to reach and fewer recipes will be learned. Of course, if I had any idea this would happen, I would not have touched arch at all before the patch. Should have just taken that time off as others did. Hmmm, should i stop playing now to prevent hurting my character further? That doesn't sound right does it.

Quote Originally Posted by goodayve View Post
    Also basketry probably got new recipes added which are ment for people to know. So when they craft they learn those new easy recipes.
    The GrandMaster's hat is 'meant' to be learned at level 99, or it was prior to the patch. The addition of the recipes which one is meant to know in the tailoring and basketry crafts seems to have caused a bug where you learn all the items which you would have learned by level 100 prior to the patch in rapid succession before learning the new recipes one is 'meant' to know.