Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Learning Recipes Not Functioning Correctly

Today;
    -At lvl 9 basketry, in order, I learned the masters hat, adepts hat, and mentors hat
    -At lvl 10 basketry i learned the GrandMaster's hat.
    -I learned the twisted rope and braided rope in the same crafting attempt
    -I learned the Grass Mat, Grass Thatch , Light Grass Plate and Heavy Grass Plate all in the same crafting attempt

-Having initially had one item or more from each of the masons, scrappers, scavengers, pioneers, gadu, bamati and banaya sets, I leveled up 8 times, from 59 to 67, and only leaned 2 items. A banaya mat floor which uses grass and a masons post which was in game before. I leveled up building several hundred Gadu Branch Barricades.

My stats are; 68str 70for 65agi 68dex 76int 53per 49chr 54spr

IMO, it seems like learning recipes is not functioning correctly.

p.s. architecture was my starting skill

a tribe mate learned 6 recipes in one attempt today. also in basketry.

Similar issues here also. I have been working on arch before the patch out of boredom, up to 75 skill level. I remember reading somewhere in the Q&A that new arch recipes would be found scavenging and learned through building items. Well, I am realizing that new recipes are learned as you level, for me about every other level with 82 INT. At this level, thats alot of damn barricades or walls. And that means i wont be able to learn many more though building. Sucks for someone who wanted to focus on arch and chose it as my starting skill. At 100, if it is even possible, i would not have half of the recipes. Ive tried scavenging to, no found recipes at all so far using that method.

So, how about a correction here so that it doesnt take a skill level or two for recipes and base it on how much you build instead.

Recipes can be found scavenging. Devs will fix not being able to learn recipes without a skill up. Even at 100 you should be able to learn new recipes (if by some chance you haven't learned them all after grinding 90-100 arch...aka forever)

I am also learning a new recipe every second or third level up. I'm at 79 architecture. Only 50 int, 30 spirit. I don't mind it taking a long time to learn recipes, I do mind not being able to learn them because we are at level cap (100 arch)

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Devs will fix not being able to learn recipes without a skill up....

...I am also learning a new recipe every second level up. I'm at 79 architecture. Only 50 int, 30 spirit.
    Im at 76int 49chr, i learned 1 recipe per 4 lvls up

#2 Proptosition 1: Devs will fix not being able to learn recipes without a skill up.
    Proposition 2: Even at 100 you should be able to learn new recipes (if by some chance you haven't learned them all after grinding 90-100 arch...aka forever)
    Fact: at level 100 you stop leveling up
    Propositions 1 and 2 together imply you level up beyond 100 which contradicts fact

I agree Norcal, I'm fine with it taking time. But if i were to reroll and reset to 25, I could learn all the recipes much faster. See the problem there?

Yeah, and if you haven't learned all the pre patch recipes, you may learn some of those instead.

The following is a paste from the Q&A post #14:

"Osirrus Asks:

How will the new architecture schemes be learnt in game? Will there be scavengable architecture schemes? And if so will they be level locked? My personal hope is no, we'll only learn new arch schemes through grinding. But then how is someone with level 100 arch sposed to learn the new stuff.....

There will be found schemes and I am revising scheme gain so that you can continue to gain schemes based on number of successful crafting attempts, not just skill gain. I will explain the changes better when they are ready."

I can verify that this has not been implemented.

Xsyon, please get this in to help those of us that have been working on our Arch skill.

Arch level Pre Patch lv77

Grinding scrappers metal wall sections

@lv78 learnt a tarp roof section
    @lv79 learnt scrappers western gate

lv80-83 learnt nothing

do i need to unlock one of the new recipe line now i am wondering (like tailoring etc. learn one recipe from a set and grind the rest?

i am reluctant to grind more levels if the fix for learning new stuff past lvl 100 isnt in yet...

someone said they got a floor?
    arent there sposed to be stairs and other items in to?
    what have others learnt that is new?

Ground out a couple more levels without learning anything more.

so have given in and decided to reroll and start grinding from level 25.
    rerolled 6 times to get a character with a decent amount of arch recipes.
    will report back in a few days if ive had some luck this time around

bumped in hopes of getting an official response.