Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Disconnect Issue Thread

OK here is how you can help with this tricky issue.

1) Graphic setting.
    2) System specification.
    3) ISP provider.
    4) Router make.
    5) What firewall ports you have open for Xsyon.
    6) What you are doing when you disconnect. (zone crossing etc).
    7) Are you running multiple account, multiple accounts on he same computer or different computers? Do they disconnect while running both accounts and/or running a single account?
    8) Any other info you can think of.

man I just droped the $40 and I cant even play the game, as soon as I take a step the game crashes!

1) Graphic setting = Everything that can be turned off is, everything else is set to the lowest setting
    2) System specification = AMD Athlon 64 X2 cpu 3800+199GHz, 3.25GB of RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6800 "vid card" runing on Windows XP, Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster.
    3) ISP provider = Bright House "Road Runner"?
    4) Router make = cisco linksys Wireless-N Broadband Router
    5) What firewall ports you have open for Xsyon... I have no idea :l
    6) What you are doing when you disconnect = I litrealy load into the game stand still "I can type in the chat log" and as soon as I take one step forward the game go's to a black screen and I get a Microsoft "Send Bug Report" error telling me the game has incountered a problem.
    7) Are you running multiple account, multiple accounts on he same computer or different computers? Do they disconnect while running both accounts and/or running a single account? = No one account one PC.
    8) Any other info you can think of... Paying $40 bucks for a game that crashes everytime I try to move "SUCKS" I hope I can get some help with this.

It'd be best to send this to tech support. Also I've had an issue in the past were it would crash out all the time. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it fixed whatever the issue may have been. This could be cause by many things.

If this doesn't work for you, again contact tech support. Best of luck and hope to see you in game soon.

I'm asking people in game if any of them have had this same issue. So far it looks like they are saying delete the "option" file and the .exe

Also are you running in window mode?

yeah Im gonna try uninstalling and reinstalling.
    none of the webpage links seem to work for me? WTF like support, it gives me the 404 error no matter how meny times i try it -_-

no, stupid thing is taking for ever to patch, it "lost connection" the first time throug...so now Im re runing it >.< this game is wearing on my last nerve.

Well here's hoping it works this time around for you.

Dezgard, I'll post what you asked for in the last part of this reply. Simply because I think the isssue lies somewhere else than on client-side. That may of course not be in all cases.

@ Visigoth. Be patient. Anyone here will do their best to help out new players. Not sure why you have issues regarding patching/updating game. I get more or less full speed and that's in Europe. Perhaps it's related to your wireless connection; these can and will sometimes cause problems for gamers.
    As Krimara said; run the game in windowed mode. For some reason the game may crash running in full mode.

I too had out of nowhere crashes to desktop (disconnections) 7-8 times in a row yesterday. First 4 times I relogged I'd crash as soon as I began moving and this was not a zone crossing. Rest of the crashes just happend right away without me doing nothing. Rebooting pc, change game settings didn't do anything either.
    I finally uninstalled the game and installed again and voila! Game runs fine like before.

It was mentioned, by a player in-game, that if any should have these disconnection/crashes issues, deleting the Options.sav file found in \Xsyon\Save folder would perhaps do the trick and that it might be related to the 103-104 mb patch. The Options.Sav will regenerate itself.

1) Graphic setting. Mid to high. View distance 272, trees same. Grass 64.
    2) System specification. Win XP Pro os, Intel Core 2 duo (E7500) @ 2.93 cpu, 4 gb Kingston Hyper-X system ram, GeForce 9800gt (identical to 8800gt) 1024 vram, dsl cable 6/0.768.
    3) ISP provider. TDC, backbone in Denmark.
    4) Router make. n/a
    5) What firewall ports you have open for Xsyon. Don't use firewall.
    6) What you are doing when you disconnect. (zone crossing etc). Moving one step forward on character. Eventually doing nothing.
    7) Are you running multiple account, multiple accounts on the same computer or different computers? Do they disconnect while running both accounts and/or running a single account? Single account.
    8) Any other info you can think of. As mentioned earlier; reinstalling game or delete Options.Sav file will work.

hey thanks for trying to help...its still crashing, im done for a wile, might try playing later.

Quote Originally Posted by Visigoth View Post
    hey thanks for trying to help...its still crashing, im done for a wile, might try playing later.
    I hate for you to quit, I know is frustrating. I had disconnection issues before and I know they suck. What I dont get is you you said "no, stupid thing is taking for ever to patch, it "lost connection" the first time throug...so now Im re runing it >.< this game is wearing on my last nerve. " above...you lost connection during a patch? one thing that I have noticed is that when I had DC issues using a wireless I connected directly to modem to router (instead of wireless) and I would not get DC. Have you tried this? I think it may have something to do with a low band from wireless routers. Try it and see if it works.