Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scav/Recipe

----------------------------------------------------------

I know for a fact Fatboy is just complaining because he thinks its a PvPers idea to make items more valuable. He just isn't seeing the big picture.

Just look at these walls of text... no one wants to read that.

And I hope there's no hard feelings Fatboy, I ignored you in game because you can never be wrong even when someone agrees with you just not on every little detail AND because you wouldn't stop PMing me.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    I feel the game should revert back to the old scavenge/recipe system. THis system had variety and it took months to find everything. ...

Atm, the current system in a matter of speaking isnt good at all, I have scavenge almost everywhere ingame thats open to us except the 600's areas. what i have notice is drops are all the same their is no variety like before, their is no fun to it on finding a new item like we once did. Sorting/scavenging both now feel like a broken record and gets extremely boring. ...
    Sorry and with all respect, Fatboy, I'd have to disagree too.

I think the new system is the better one. Sure, it's need balancing, maybe even heavy balancing, but in my opinion the basics of the system are fine - and much better than the old one.

From the old system I've ~100 recipes (bone, leather, tools, weapons, grass armour) lying around, I've enough feathers for a chicken farm, I've thrown away knife blades and countless weights and bats because there just was nothing like an uncommon or a rare thing to find - everything was easily available. Darn, I still have ~10 old saw blades in my basket.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post

I think the new system is the better one. Sure, it's need balancing, maybe even heavy balancing, but in my opinion the basics of the system are fine - and much better than the old one.

From the old system I've ~100 recipes (bone, leather, tools, weapons, grass armour) lying around, I've enough feathers for a chicken farm, I've thrown away knife blades and countless weights and bats because there just was nothing like an uncommon or a rare thing to find - everything was easily available. Darn, I still have ~10 old saw blades in my basket.

These are my thoughts right here. Nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post

If some scrawny dude in a funny grass hat happens to be rummaging through your baskets in the middle of the night... pay no attention and please don't hit me with anything

ps.... on a more serious note... ack! I see fatboy deleted all his words I think you guys might somewhat have misunderstood what he was saying because he mentioned the old system and folks locked onto that. His point was a question of variety of scavenged items without increasing the quantity of each item in question. Maintain rarity, increase variety.
    Your experience may be different than his in your testing, which should only cause you more concern if someone is getting vastly different results. Unless you were looking over his shoulder at the screen as he was testing, there's no reason to discount his findings. I ran into him in the 903 region and we traveled together to the 1000's on that side of the map. I won't tell you where he lives but I personally reside in 815. I was clearly far from my own place, and was able to even find some junkpiles that weren't taken at all. I also scavenged off junkpiles. Very little joy at all sadly. All things taken into consideration, my trip should have been more fruitful.

The take-away here is a matter of how to tweak the system so it can bring a bit more gratification to the average user. No need to lock onto the notion of reverting back to the old system as that wasn't the point.