This company has been doing a real bang up job - But now the politicians have thrown a wrench into any company with an Internet business. The nightmare for Game Companies can be found inside a Nexus-Discovery questionnaire. It appears that all the NEXUS states have similar discovery methods.
Example State - Arkansas
11. Does the business rent or lease tangible personal property to others who then use the property in Arkansas Y N
12. Does the business license intangible personal property for use in Arkansas Y N
35. Does the business license computer software for use in Arkansas Y N
40. During the last three years, what were your primary Arkansas business activities? Please attach requested information.
46. Does the business regularly market their products or services to Arkansas residents? Y N If yes, please describe the marketing method and give the start date if it has been going on in Arkansas less than 6 years. Attach additional pages in which to document requested information.
Currently 9 states have Internet sales tax legislation already on the book's
(Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island and South Dakota.), with another 6 considering the same (Arizona, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico and Vermont).