Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    The nightmare for Game Companies

    This company has been doing a real bang up job - But now the politicians have thrown a wrench into any company with an Internet business. The nightmare for Game Companies can be found inside a Nexus-Discovery questionnaire. It appears that all the NEXUS states have similar discovery methods.

    Example State - Arkansas

    11. Does the business rent or lease tangible personal property to others who then use the property in Arkansas Y N

    12. Does the business license intangible personal property for use in Arkansas Y N

    35. Does the business license computer software for use in Arkansas Y N

    40. During the last three years, what were your primary Arkansas business activities? Please attach requested information.

    46. Does the business regularly market their products or services to Arkansas residents? Y N If yes, please describe the marketing method and give the start date if it has been going on in Arkansas less than 6 years. Attach additional pages in which to document requested information.

    Currently 9 states have Internet sales tax legislation already on the book's
    (Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island and South Dakota.), with another 6 considering the same (Arizona, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico and Vermont).
    GrayEagle
    GrayBear


  2. #2
    lol america should stop spending money they dont have this new tax is to help them raise the borrowing limit they have. im so glad i dont live in a country that doesnt give a shit about its ppl.

  3. #3
    Can we move this crap to off topic?
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  4. #4
    These taxes are what a majority of the states want - They don't have to provide services to Internet companies and are tapping into free money. These taxes have nothing to do with raising a debt ceiling as that is being worked on by a bunch of freeloaders in Washington DC.

    This post IS NOT off topic. These new taxes are an added distraction and money-sink for Notorious Games.

    Quote Originally Posted by L0rd0fIvIetal View Post
    lol america should stop spending money they dont have this new tax is to help them raise the borrowing limit they have. im so glad i dont live in a country that doesnt give a shit about its ppl.
    It's always easy for other countries to attack the policies of the US - But here's something to think about - Billions of people want to come to America.
    GrayEagle
    GrayBear


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by L0rd0fIvIetal View Post
    lol america should stop spending money they dont have this new tax is to help them raise the borrowing limit they have. im so glad I dont live in a country that doesn't give a shit about its ppl.
    You are missing a very important part of why they are doing this. States and local governments have lost revenues and continue to lose more each year to internet sales. Not only do local markets and economies suffer losses that now go to other states or countries, but the local tax revenues have fallen as well, so cities and states lose.

    I believe the figure for the last Christmas Holiday shopping season was 40% of sales were on line and that figure grows each year. This is a huge loss for local merchants, and a huge loss for local tax revenues.

    I for one do not mind paying the sales tax for purchases I make as long as the taxes are local taxes. The tax should be based on "Where" the buyer is located. This will also discourage people from buying online rather than buying from the local mom and pop shop because they can save a few bucks on taxes.

    Added after 13 minutes:

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Can we move this crap to off topic?
    To ask to have a post moved to "Off topic" is reasonable, but calling it crap is frankly unnecessary, but so very characteristically Mr.DDT. I for one have avoiding the forum lately because I am tired of MrDDt's constant negativity, self important know it all, pompous, demeaning attitude toward everything that he does not agree with. Not to mention the one of the biggest spammers I have ever seen on a forum. Get over yourself Mr. DDT yours is just one opinion among many.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    To ask to have a post moved to "Off topic" is reasonable, but calling it crap is frankly unnecessary, but so very characteristically Mr.DDT. I for one have avoiding the forum lately because I am tired of MrDDt's constant negativity, self important know it all, pompous, demeaning attitude toward everything that he does not agree with. Not to mention the one of the biggest spammers I have ever seen on a forum. Get over yourself Mr. DDT yours is just one opinion among many.
    When people have to resort to personal attacks, clearly you can see they are the ones with issues.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    To ask to have a post moved to "Off topic" is reasonable, but calling it crap is frankly unnecessary, but so very characteristically Mr.DDT. I for one have avoiding the forum lately because I am tired of MrDDt's constant negativity, self important know it all, pompous, demeaning attitude toward everything that he does not agree with. Not to mention the one of the biggest spammers I have ever seen on a forum. Get over yourself Mr. DDT yours is just one opinion among many.
    I have to agree with you...I've been avoiding posting on the forum lately for the exact same reason. It's sad to see that one player is able keep others away from constructive discussions simply by his negativity and aggressive posting style.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I have to agree with you...I've been avoiding posting on the forum lately for the exact same reason. It's sad to see that one player is able keep others away from constructive discussions simply by his negativity and aggressive posting style.
    The exact same reason I quit posting on the Xsyon Forums also. This is my first post in several weeks except for bumping my tribal advertisement the first part of July.

    I wonder how many others....

  9. #9
    Xsyon Citizen Saorlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Animal Crackers
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    This company has been doing a real bang up job - But now the politicians have thrown a wrench into any company with an Internet business. The nightmare for Game Companies can be found inside a Nexus-Discovery questionnaire. It appears that all the NEXUS states have similar discovery methods.

    Example State - Arkansas

    11. Does the business rent or lease tangible personal property to others who then use the property in Arkansas Y N

    12. Does the business license intangible personal property for use in Arkansas Y N

    35. Does the business license computer software for use in Arkansas Y N

    40. During the last three years, what were your primary Arkansas business activities? Please attach requested information.

    46. Does the business regularly market their products or services to Arkansas residents? Y N If yes, please describe the marketing method and give the start date if it has been going on in Arkansas less than 6 years. Attach additional pages in which to document requested information.

    Currently 9 states have Internet sales tax legislation already on the book's
    (Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island and South Dakota.), with another 6 considering the same (Arizona, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico and Vermont).
    What the F is this post about? Get it deleted already.

    Damn rednecks.

    Also can we stop with the personal attacks on MrDDT please. Jadzia you are on some kind of crusade or something?

  10. #10
    Im just wondering if its ok to start posting political views on the general discussion of a game?

    If you guys want, I can start posting mine also about how taxing should work in the USA and other countries, but I believe this should be posted in other forums nothing to do with the game. I guess in a round about way it will effect the game, but so does a butterfly flapping its wings in china.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •