Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Dragging a fallen friend/tribe mate

    Back many years ago when I played EQ(1) we could help our guild mates and friends if one or more of them was to fall in a fight. We could drag them to a safer area of the world. I know right now there may not be that much need for this, But if things go right and the game grows and we start having fights and/or wars happening. A drag feature could help save people and/or save there equipment.

    John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

  2. #2
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    48
    Implemented right it would definitely be nice feature. i second

  3. #3
    This does sound like an awesome idea. I believe the upcoming Battlefield 3 is going to have a similar feature so it'd be interesting to see how they do it.

  4. #4
    I remember running around with someones corps dragging behind me in EverQuest (and in Vanguard). Usually we were running for a safe area so they could loot their corps. Vanguard also had lassos. Everyone had a lasso that you could throw to another person and pull them to safety or pull them out when they got stuck somewhere in game. This definitely came in handy many times

  5. #5
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK, England, London
    Posts
    21
    Id like that but instead if you drag them to the totem they dont have to wait for a loading screen +1
    The Praetorian Guards

  6. #6
    This is pointless with the current setup, after the current setup is changed we wont know if this would be good or not.

    I would like to see many other options before this one, including but not limited to, magical resurrections, medical resurrections, and potion resurrections. This will allow people to work together to help keep each other alive and hunting/playing away from the totems.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    This is pointless with the current setup, after the current setup is changed we wont know if this would be good or not.

    I would like to see many other options before this one, including but not limited to, magical resurrections, medical resurrections, and potion resurrections. This will allow people to work together to help keep each other alive and hunting/playing away from the totems.
    To you and some other's this may be pointless as you say, And your right that after things have changed and the game becomes more like what ever it may become. There maybe no need in something like this.

    But we really don't know all the plan's for the game or How people will play it. This was a simple thought I had from gaming in years past. I remember how there was times when the whole raiding part of the guild would have to go try an save a person. Will this be the case here, Most likely not, Unless things change a lot. But I did want to put the idea out there. You never know who can take something simple like this and turn it into something big and exciting and maybe become a feature part of the game that helps make the game something special.

    Besides, We all know there is more than enough for them to be working on now, So this was never ment to be seen as something that needed to be added any time soon. It was me thinking outloud, If you didn't like this idea then you will learn to hate me in the month's to come as I become more engrossed into the Xsyon world again.

    Warning: There will be many more idea's like this to come.

    John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    To you and some other's this may be pointless as you say, And your right that after things have changed and the game becomes more like what ever it may become. There maybe no need in something like this.

    But we really don't know all the plan's for the game or How people will play it. This was a simple thought I had from gaming in years past. I remember how there was times when the whole raiding part of the guild would have to go try an save a person. Will this be the case here, Most likely not, Unless things change a lot. But I did want to put the idea out there. You never know who can take something simple like this and turn it into something big and exciting and maybe become a feature part of the game that helps make the game something special.

    Besides, We all know there is more than enough for them to be working on now, So this was never ment to be seen as something that needed to be added any time soon. It was me thinking outloud, If you didn't like this idea then you will learn to hate me in the month's to come as I become more engrossed into the Xsyon world again.

    Warning: There will be many more idea's like this to come.

    My point is that if they are going to change the CURRENT system (which they are) then this idea isnt the option I would go with. I listed some of the MANY MANY other options there are other than a system like this which isnt good. That's my point.

    So since they would have to change the CURRENT system to do this poorly thought out, and IMO bad idea. Why not change it to something that's a good idea? Like many of the ones I listed or ALL of them.

    You talk about how in other games whole raiding parties would have to go to save one person. Well you know what Ive heard from most people? They dont like that idea. If it takes whole raiding parties to save a person, those items better be worth it. These items in Xsyon are not meant to be worth that much. Xsyon himself even said items are meant to be replaced pretty easy.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  9. #9

    It was a fine idea

    You are right Aliksteel, there is nothing wrong with coming onto a forum to make suggestions and discuss ideas. It's always been fun for me until I came on to the Xsyon forum. Aside from one loudmouth with an over inflated sense of importance, everyone else thought this idea was fine.

    I cancelled my account because I was so tired of this bag of hot air that acts like he created/owns this game. After I saw he was banned I started coming back. It's pretty sad when people can't use a forum without the same windbag dissing everything everyone else has say, especially when most of the time his opinion is at odd with everyone else.

    I only read two post on the forum so far tonight, in the first he is insulting the developers, and the second he is trashing someones idea.

    Quote "I listed some of the MANY MANY other options there are other than a system like this which isnt good." " they would have to change the CURRENT system to do this poorly thought out, and IMO bad idea."

    That's your opinion. It worked for EQ and Vanguard but it's a bad idea because YOU said so? Who the F are you? You're just some game crack addict that plays 24/7 on 3 accounts, spams the forum and IRC. You might want to get a real life.

    And this one's great...... "Ive already done this, using your own system. Would you like to see the video? How many times do we have to do this? This is just epic failure on the testing teams part when they cant even find REPORTED bug videos"

    Xsyon why did you allow this piece of crap in your forum? I'd permanently can this stooge without a second thought.

    I'm out of here.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    You are right Aliksteel, there is nothing wrong with coming onto a forum to make suggestions and discuss ideas. It's always been fun for me until I came on to the Xsyon forum. Aside from one loudmouth with an over inflated sense of importance, everyone else thought this idea was fine.

    I cancelled my account because I was so tired of this bag of hot air that acts like he created/owns this game. After I saw he was banned I started coming back. It's pretty sad when people can't use a forum without the same windbag dissing everything everyone else has say, especially when most of the time his opinion is at odd with everyone else.

    I only read two post on the forum so far tonight, in the first he is insulting the developers, and the second he is trashing someones idea.

    Quote "I listed some of the MANY MANY other options there are other than a system like this which isnt good." " they would have to change the CURRENT system to do this poorly thought out, and IMO bad idea."

    That's your opinion. It worked for EQ and Vanguard but it's a bad idea because YOU said so? Who the F are you? You're just some game crack addict that plays 24/7 on 3 accounts, spams the forum and IRC. You might want to get a real life.

    And this one's great...... "Ive already done this, using your own system. Would you like to see the video? How many times do we have to do this? This is just epic failure on the testing teams part when they cant even find REPORTED bug videos"

    Xsyon why did you allow this piece of crap in your forum? I'd permanently can this stooge without a second thought.

    I'm out of here.
    someone sounds a bit mad what happened did big bad ddt scare u off the forums why not 1 not pay atention to what he says 2 ignore him so u dont have to see his posts 3 get a life and stop bitching about some1 thats telling it how it is without sugarcoating it for the millions of blind ppl like u 4 cancel your account like a real man delete ur totem and ur toon and say goodbye and never comeback have a nice day

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •