Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1

    Notorious Games, Not a mega million dollar company

    Xsyon isn't a triple A game, It's a indie game! Surprising right?

    Why bring this up, Because I think that people need to understand that in a game that doesn't have a fat bank roll and has a small Dev team. Things take time, When a glich happens, There is no army of programmers to throw at it. The main team(hell the only team) has to stop what they are doing to fix it. This is what slow's down everything else they are working on. As frustrating as it can be, And believe me I have been there. You have to remember that in time this is going to be a great game. Over the past year I have looked at what else is out there, And Xsyon just keeps looking better and better. Unless you are looking for something like EQ2/WOW/Rift/GW2/SWTOR, Xsyon is the game that will take care of your gaming needs, Given enough time to develop.

    I'm doing this post because I see people talking about how Xsyon is only after your money, And they don't care what people think, If the Xsyon staff was to respond every time some one asked "How come ....", Then they would never have time to do the other things they need to do. Jooky gives us a lot of updates on what's going on, It may not be to your liking every time, but I'm grateful that he tell's us what's going on. That's a lot more than any AAA MMO out there. When the shit hit's the fan in most MMO's they close the blinds and stop talking till they fix it or it all blows over. that's not how Jooky has done things here, He has been open with the player base.

    Will Xsyon be 100% in a month or two, No, And if you think so your fooling yourself. Will Xsyon be a great game, Yes, Given time I see Xsyon becoming great.


    Oh one last thing,
    One thing I do see that keeps alot of people wanting more from the game. Xsyon is not set up like most MMO's, It's about as close to an sandbox game as it comes. Most people say they want a sandbox game, But when they log into Xsyon and find that there no NPC there to hold there hand or tell them what to do. They think there is nothing to do, In this game Jooky wants the player to make the world a living place. Meaning you have to come up with task, quest, event's, the fun! People say after you build there is nothing to do, BS, What would you do in other games? Go find a quest from some one, Get on the forums or set it up in game, And have wars/fights/pvp with other tribes. The combat system is looking real good. I know what you will say to that, Whats there to fight over? You make that up as you go, Fight just to fight and video it to show all the world. Place bets for crapy armor, weapons. There is nothing stopping people from having fun in the game other than themselves.

    John Wooden ~ Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
    Benjamin Spock ~ Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.

  2. #2
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    74
    Wow aliksteel, your posts (like this one right now) really make me glad that you have returned to let us all enjoy your insightful knowledge!

    Since nowadays almost no one posts or comments (not even our other hero MrDDT) its so refreshing to see you here on the frontier again .
    Thanks for filling the forum with your positivism and delightful trust and devotion to Xsyon, its developers and the 'user created' goals where there are almost none supplied by the game (we sure wouldn't want anything resembling guidance from within the game eh).

    Lastly, it clearly shows that taking an involuntary 'break' for months does wonders for ones (in this case yours) faith in Xsyon.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    Xsyon isn't a triple A game, It's a indie game! Surprising right?

    Why bring this up, Because I think that people need to understand that in a game that doesn't have a fat bank roll and has a small Dev team. Things take time, When a glich happens, There is no army of programmers to throw at it. The main team(hell the only team) has to stop what they are doing to fix it. This is what slow's down everything else they are working on. As frustrating as it can be, And believe me I have been there. You have to remember that in time this is going to be a great game. Over the past year I have looked at what else is out there, And Xsyon just keeps looking better and better. Unless you are looking for something like EQ2/WOW/Rift/GW2/SWTOR, Xsyon is the game that will take care of your gaming needs, Given enough time to develop.

    I'm doing this post because I see people talking about how Xsyon is only after your money, And they don't care what people think, If the Xsyon staff was to respond every time some one asked "How come ....", Then they would never have time to do the other things they need to do. Jooky gives us a lot of updates on what's going on, It may not be to your liking every time, but I'm grateful that he tell's us what's going on. That's a lot more than any AAA MMO out there. When the shit hit's the fan in most MMO's they close the blinds and stop talking till they fix it or it all blows over. that's not how Jooky has done things here, He has been open with the player base.

    Will Xsyon be 100% in a month or two, No, And if you think so your fooling yourself. Will Xsyon be a great game, Yes, Given time I see Xsyon becoming great.


    Oh one last thing,
    One thing I do see that keeps alot of people wanting more from the game. Xsyon is not set up like most MMO's, It's about as close to an sandbox game as it comes. Most people say they want a sandbox game, But when they log into Xsyon and find that there no NPC there to hold there hand or tell them what to do. They think there is nothing to do, In this game Jooky wants the player to make the world a living place. Meaning you have to come up with task, quest, event's, the fun! People say after you build there is nothing to do, BS, What would you do in other games? Go find a quest from some one, Get on the forums or set it up in game, And have wars/fights/pvp with other tribes. The combat system is looking real good. I know what you will say to that, Whats there to fight over? You make that up as you go, Fight just to fight and video it to show all the world. Place bets for crapy armor, weapons. There is nothing stopping people from having fun in the game other than themselves.
    I will give you a standard response to this that I think bears consideration even though personally I am not convinced it is completely valid:

    If they put that much less money etc into it. . why are we asked to pay the same as for a game created by a company that did? The answer would be because it is something you support and they need revenue to continue developing it. . . and that with a smaller user base it makes up some difference. I think the question is one people find hard to overcome. There is a psychological issue with paying for something that doesn't meet your expectations. You would suggest that people should not have the expectations they do - but this don't make that happen. You might reach 1 in 20 with that message. Mostly you are preaching to the converted. It is a noble cause but you will see that since you have not gotten a lot of negative feedback the people you are trying to reach may have moved on. People reading the forums now, I am sure, are pretty aware of the game and its development.

    I do applaud your effort though.

  4. #4
    Xsyon Citizen VeryWiiTee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in nowhere
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    I will give you a standard response to this that I think bears consideration even though personally I am not convinced it is completely valid:

    If they put that much less money etc into it. . why are we asked to pay the same as for a game created by a company that did? The answer would be because it is something you support and they need revenue to continue developing it. . . and that with a smaller user base it makes up some difference. I think the question is one people find hard to overcome. There is a psychological issue with paying for something that doesn't meet your expectations. You would suggest that people should not have the expectations they do - but this don't make that happen. You might reach 1 in 20 with that message. Mostly you are preaching to the converted. It is a noble cause but you will see that since you have not gotten a lot of negative feedback the people you are trying to reach may have moved on. People reading the forums now, I am sure, are pretty aware of the game and its development.

    I do applaud your effort though.
    Speak for yourself, will you? Or at least just Americans.

    We Europeans, for once, does not pay more than 2/3 of a normal subscription fee like those of World of Warcraft, Rift, Aion, FFXIV.
    How?

    One month normal European sub - 12,99€
    One month Xsyon sub - 12,99$

    Converted into dollars:

    One Month normal European sub - 18,89$
    One month Xsyon sub - 12,99$.

    Just saying. Some of us are only paying 2/3 of a normal sub. Certainly I won't complain about the sub fee when every other game company is ripping me of my money to play something that I find equally as boring as some find Xsyon boring. (NOT that I don't find Xsyon boring on occasions.)

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Speak for yourself, will you? Or at least just Americans.
    I am not American so I would not feel comfortable speaking for them. Also I was speaking about the idea of paying for something regardless of the price. I never mentioned any dollar amount. that is why dropping the sub price to draw people would not work either in my opinion.

    I also was only giving my opinion and never claimed to speak for anyone else. I found it funny that you said that and then by your own assumed definition went on to speak for Europeans.

    I would not pay $5 a month for something that did not entertain me enough. I just don't have the time. I would pay $30 a month easily for the one game that was good enough.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    Speak for yourself, will you? Or at least just Americans.

    We Europeans, for once, does not pay more than 2/3 of a normal subscription fee like those of World of Warcraft, Rift, Aion, FFXIV.
    How?

    One month normal European sub - 12,99€
    One month Xsyon sub - 12,99$

    Converted into dollars:

    One Month normal European sub - 18,89$
    One month Xsyon sub - 12,99$.

    Just saying. Some of us are only paying 2/3 of a normal sub. Certainly I won't complain about the sub fee when every other game company is ripping me of my money to play something that I find equally as boring as some find Xsyon boring. (NOT that I don't find Xsyon boring on occasions.)
    LoL there u go again making urself look stupid keep it up i love the way u make me lol and please dont speak for everyone as u sit infront of the comp and have no idea about whats happening around u

  7. #7
    Its funny that those that are posting positive feedback on the forums never get banned nor develop a bad rep, but get attacked so quickly by those that HAVE been banned, are generally disliked in game by virtually any player they interact with...

    Tells me that even the Developers and guides are sick and tire of the negatives!

    Think I will start posting POSITIVE feedback again.

  8. #8
    how do you know who has been banned? Have i been banned? Pray tell.

    yyour group hug has 5 responses...and the core of those responses are centered around the city building aspect, which even haters like me admit is pretty cool (and as i said in a thread in the open section...the building aspect alone is worth the game price, as you will get a solid 30-60 dayys of enternainment value out of just building your town). Who is saying they love the crafting? The economy? Trade? PvP? you know, the other 80% of what should make up the game? I know, they just don't read the forums because of the meanies that run rampant there.

    anyway, congrats on being a hypocrite...and bashing players who have a perfectly valid point to make...albeit one your disagree with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.theburninghorde.com

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    There is a psychological issue with paying for something that doesn't meet your expectations.
    There is also a psychological issue with the price of a product called a Anchor price, IE if you release a production and sell it for 100.00 some people might buy it, how ever if you release it for 200.00 but have it on sale for 100.00 you increase the chance that some one would have bought it due to the perception of a deal.

    once you set or lower a price how ever its very hard to raise it back up.
    TokTok - Axe Welding Basket Weaver

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    There is also a psychological issue with the price of a product called a Anchor price, IE if you release a production and sell it for 100.00 some people might buy it, how ever if you release it for 200.00 but have it on sale for 100.00 you increase the chance that some one would have bought it due to the perception of a deal.

    once you set or lower a price how ever its very hard to raise it back up.
    That is an excellent point. The value perceived by lowering the price always seems like less than the perceived cost of the increase. . . even if it was expected etc. I know Gods and Heroes is now $10 a month. Even if the game becomes worth $20 current players would have a hard time paying even $15. It is a slippery slope.

    I know watching my currency bounce around based on the US dollar means in the past I would pay $20 a month where now I pay around $14 for most games. Because the base cost of the game does not change that doesn't seem to bother me. . or get me excited. Even knowing how these things work I am susceptible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •