Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A few questions after my first couple hours...

So I got my email (yay!) downloaded the installer, installed and patched.

Ok, so I'm creating a character and I have no idea what any of the stats effect what in game. That would be nice to know. Is there a list somewhere or are we all just guessing for now?

I have a few other issues about character creation but I posted that elsewhere.

So now I'm in-game and I've created a few land bridges across river and lakes (joy!) and I notice I'm getting low on food and water. Ok, well when I step into water I get a water icon in resources, but clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything and it especially doesn't appear to make me drink. So whats the trick to eating and drinking?

Next I take a look at my other crafting skill, toolmaking. I've read in another post that maybe just the tools aren't in for the crafting skills other than basketry and lumbering. Ok, I can accept that but when I go make a character with basketry skill I appear to need a needle and scissors to actually produce a finished product. Do I need to get these from a tool crafter who doesn't have the tools to make them? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Maybe someone could put together a "Tips for first login" thread and get it stickied. I expect it would be a bit fluid since everything is changing rather rapidly, but I couldn't find anyone to answer my questions on irc. Is there another place to find answers like this other than waiting for an answer on the forums?

Other than the above issues, the game is looking good. Just a few key points I couldn't figure out on my own. Maybe a pdf manual would be nice with the installer?

Re:A few questions after my first couple hours...

I agree and we will improve character creation and set up more tool tips.

Right now crafting / drinking / eating still needs a bit of work so it's not fully on (and not fully blocked). These issues should be sorted out in a few days.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I too received my email, and got a chance to play for a few hours today. Strangely enough, I was going to make a post similar to this but the OP hit dead on some of the same questions I had.

Despite getting hungry and thirsty, I really enjoyed wandering around the terrain, messing it up practicing with my rudimentary terraforming skills, and doing some scavenging.

After I figured out that I probably wasn't going to get anywhere with tool crafting just yet, I made a basketry toon and did manage to do some basic things with the plentiful grass around.

Awww I am jealous. Where is the love? I wants an email.

Xbwalker wrote:
    Awww I am jealous. Where is the love? I wants an email.
    We can hold each other until the day comes, friend.

>>
    <<

Phormagos wrote:
    I too received my email, and got a chance to play for a few hours today. Strangely enough, I was going to make a post similar to this but the OP hit dead on some of the same questions I had.

Despite getting hungry and thirsty, I really enjoyed wandering around the terrain, messing it up practicing with my rudimentary terraforming skills, and doing some scavenging.

After I figured out that I probably wasn't going to get anywhere with tool crafting just yet, I made a basketry toon and did manage to do some basic things with the plentiful grass around.

What day did you preorder please? That might give those anxiously waiting some idea of where the list is.

Thanks

I know I've got some time too wait still since I pre-ordered here recently. I am how ever waiting anxiously in anticipation for my First hour woes.

Deadra wrote:
    I know I've got some time too wait still since I pre-ordered here recently. I am how ever waiting anxiously in anticipation for my First hour woes.
    Then don't hold your breath. With the current pace you and me (we are very close) won't most probably get in before 8th of may, maybe even as late as the launch on the 15th May.

Only if Jooky increases influx we'll get in earlier.

tredo wrote:
    What day did you preorder please? That might give those anxiously waiting some idea of where the list is.

Thanks
    I registered on the site as soon as I learned about the game near the end of February. I think I pre-ordered during the first week of March.

HTH!

Phormagos wrote:

So when you create a character, do you have to choose a specific crafting trade or did you just create another character to focus on basketry. If crafting is limited to specific trades then I'll be a bit disappointed.

Looking for more free-spirited adventurers! Contact any NoX member or post to our recruitment thread.
    -Explore our backyard solo or with friends!