Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Glad people are starting to get on board. Even the carebears are starting to see the problems with the system.

Here is just one of the lastest posts on this topic before.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...8099#post88099

This has been said 100s of times before, by me and many many others.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Glad people are starting to get on board. Even the carebears are starting to see the problems with the system.

Here is just one of the lastest posts on this topic before.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...8099#post88099

This has been said 100s of times before, by me and many many others.
    So called "carebears" have seen and said these problems months ago. Actually earlier than the PvP fans, but they insisted that the combat system needed to be fixed first. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    So called "carebears" have seen and said these problems months ago. Actually earlier than the PvP fans, but they insisted that the combat system needed to be fixed first. Too bad.
    Where are you getting this spin? Should quote where I said "You guys will get bored and then understand why the PVPers said that strife needs to be put into the game" or will you just concede we were right and you were wrong?

PVPers have been complaining about this since before release. I even made a huge post about it with "Xsyon moving to carebear".

The carebears start posting about how PVPers just want to fight and force people on people, its not good for the game. Look at other games on how they all fail etc.

PVPers keep saying, you need strife, you need a reason to do stuff. Crafting for the sake of crafting or for lols or because it looks cool only does it for so long. People get bored. Now even the carebears are starting to see that. Whats so funny is you are now saying it was your idea that. You still dont see that it was these carebear ideas that cause this problem.

The carebears posting "Oh this is what we want, we love all the cool crafting colors and how we can build walls" blah blah. Without strife and reasons to do these things, you can see how that effects the game. Econ goes in the crapper, people get bored and quit, and just feel like "whats the point".

There would be no reason for most of the crafting system, if combat wasn't working (as it hopefully does now)

Since most of the crafting is actually armor/weapons then;
    What's the point of making armor/weapons if they don't do any difference. That is if we agree most of the crafting takes places to a) resupply tools or b) resupply you with gear/supply you with new and better gear.
    - They do now, at least to some point, hench a good idea to start evolve the already revised crafting system now, rather than sooner where most of it would just have been for no reason.

One good reason why a combat system was needed first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    Sounds as if your happily thinking that more people may quit. That should help fix things.
    ^This^

100 times this^.

I know it wasn't what he was trying to imply but the more people that play and quit, the better the chance of the Dev's realizing that carebears don't know what they want and the better the chance that they'll fix it.

I myself have been a huge advocate of strife and balanced pvp warfare, myself, MrDDT, Dubanka, and others have all given suggestions and attempted to supply compromises that would make both sides happy. But one or two people alays cry about pvp like it's going to be quake online.

Honestly, how many crying carebears that cried for safe zone happy land are still here? one? maybe two?

Forum polls are badly worded and are a poor example of what people want. The day the word came out that the safe zones were permanent, you could almost hear all the people uninstalling the game, was a sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Where are you getting this spin? Should quote where I said "You guys will get bored and then understand why the PVPers said that strife needs to be put into the game" or will you just concede we were right and you were wrong?

PVPers have been complaining about this since before release. I even made a huge post about it with "Xsyon moving to carebear".

The carebears start posting about how PVPers just want to fight and force people on people, its not good for the game. Look at other games on how they all fail etc.

PVPers keep saying, you need strife, you need a reason to do stuff. Crafting for the sake of crafting or for lols or because it looks cool only does it for so long. People get bored. Now even the carebears are starting to see that. Whats so funny is you are now saying it was your idea that. You still dont see that it was these carebear ideas that cause this problem.

The carebears posting "Oh this is what we want, we love all the cool crafting colors and how we can build walls" blah blah. Without strife and reasons to do these things, you can see how that effects the game. Econ goes in the crapper, people get bored and quit, and just feel like "whats the point".
    This is my post from April :
    The problem is that PvP can't create a need if th items themselves are useless. Why would you need an armor ? They do nothing. Why would you need a weapon? Your PO weapon is better than anything. You took over a land ? How nice. Why did you do that though ? To gain more absolutely pointless and useless buildings ? They are only for vanity even with PvP.
    This is what I'm saying. With the current system (as in items have no use) PvP wouldn't have any use either, just as crafting has no use. Why would you fight over useless things ? Just because ?
    The main problem has always been that items and buildings had no purpose. Not the lack of PvP, the lack of reason to make and build anything the game. PvP and fighting over things would solve nothing, since there is no reason to desire the goods others have.

This is not a carebear/PvP issue, this is a basic game design issue. Be a crafter or a PvPer, getting an item or building in whatever way is pointless (and thus boring) if it has no purpose.

I'm inclined to agree with Jadzia, I'm fed up of this carebear this, carebear that nonsense. Many of us have said that we need a reason for things. some of us said the game would be better with more complexity. For example right now there is no need to eat and drink likewise no need for shelter. This is wrong and has been wrong since the game launched. there has to be a reason to do stuff. A combat system doesn't change this.

PVP is all well and good and I'm happy for safe zones to go but safe zones themselves don't break the game, the lack of meaningful loot does. This has always been the case and nothing much has changed in this regard. Now we have rarer items but they drop with weights that prohibit the travel the devs wanted to encourage. They give with one hand and take with the other leaving a game so imbalanced as to be pointless in it's current incarnation.

With combat now at a fairly good point I think they have to switch focus otherwise why will any of us play? We've been waiting weeks for tree planting which was almost complete etc. Seems a lot of stuff gets started and never completed and the core issues with the game just get moved to something else.

This is my post from April :

The main problem has always been that items and buildings had no purpose. Not the lack of PvP, the lack of reason to make and build anything the game. PvP and fighting over things would solve nothing, since there is no reason to desire the goods others have.

This is not a carebear/PvP issue, this is a basic game design issue. Be a crafter or a PvPer, getting an item or building in whatever way is pointless (and thus boring) if it has no purpose.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...r-land-control

Lets just post the thread you posted in and see why you posted it.

Contested areas would be a HUGE reason to need a lot of items.
    Walls, Armor, weapons, food.

With needing walls, armor, weapons and food. You would then need high QL tools to make those items. You would also need high QL resources, and high level of skills to make them.

Read the thread people. So then you can understand what PVPers have been saying for over 2 years now.

You say this isnt a PVP problem but it is. Its a HUGE reason to have PVP in this game.
    Im not saying PVP is the ONLY answer here, Im saying PVPers have been saying this carebear problem of "Oh lets build it because it looks cool" and how you were going to get bored because of it. Now look at it.

I find it sooooo funny that Jadzia is trying to say she has been saying it, and she hasnt look back further Jadzia. PVPers and people like me have been saying this for years.

AndyI,

Whats a lack of meaningful loot to you? Right now armor has a great use, problem is no one cares to use it. If I could break into your town, kill your totem and take all your things. I tell you what, armor would be of great value and use then wouldnt it? It would stop you from dying in 3 hits, and be able to defend your town.
    If there were contested rare resources to fight for, armor, weapons, tools, etc all start to have a reason.

Weapons, armor and tools ALL do have a great effect in the game, problem is there is no reason to make them. High skills in crafting is useless because who cares? Right now all the safezone carebears are bored because they built everything, done everything and nothing to fight for.

PVP would 100% add a need for high QL items. Causing a need for high QL items would then cause a need to have high skilled crafters.

Toss in rare contested regional resources, and POOF you have tons of reasons to do things.

Combat didnt need to be changed, DESYNC needed to be fixed. It was 100% unplayable. (Still is a problem).

These carebears crack me up. PVPers have been saying this for years and NOW they are trying to say they have been saying it haha. The whole time we have been telling them this is what will happen. PVPers predicted this. Its now come about and you guys cant even admit we have been saying just this. You guys have made your bed of carebear boredom.

You are so blindfolded DDT that it has no use to argue with you. Contested areas lol...why to contest if there is nothing to gain ? Why to take over a town if the buildings do absolutely nothing ? Why to desire someone else's property if it does nothing ?

If you can't imagine any other purpose for crafted items and buildings than PvP that only shows your limited experience and imagination. You don't understand that PvP is not the purpose...it can be a tool to reach your goal, but we need the goal first. Add the goal, and add several ways to reach that goal, PvP should be one of them.

Thats why we need to have items and buildings a good use...that can give a reason to fight over them. As long as they are useless only a fool or a very bored person would fight for it. When they actually do something and have a value add the option to fight for them for the ones who likes that.

You are so blindfolded DDT that it has no use to argue with you. Contested areas lol...why to contest if there is nothing to gain ? Why to take over a town if the buildings do absolutely nothing ? Why to desire someone else's property if it does nothing ?

If you can't imagine any other purpose for crafted items and buildings than PvP that only shows your limited experience and imagination. You don't understand that PvP is not the purpose...it can be a tool to reach your goal, but we need the goal first. Add the goal, and add several ways to reach that goal, PvP should be one of them.

Thats why we need to have items and buildings a good use...that can give a reason to fight over them. As long as they are useless only a fool or a very bored person would fight for it. When they actually do something and have a value add the option to fight for them for the ones who likes that.

Ok so look at it like this. Lets say they add in local resources that add 10x damage modifier to weapons. In the current system it would be worthless. Because why would you need it? Just like why do you need walls? Why do you need armor?

Now using mine, you add that into the game and POOF it fixes all the problems. You now have a need for walls, have a need for good armor, you have a need for good weapons, you have a need for high skilled crafters, you have a need for high QL resources (basic ones not this rare 10x damage one only).

Do you not understand this?

Contested areas add strife. Ive yet to see ANYTHING you have said that adds this. Care to give us any idea how to make value to items? Do you make red cloth do 10x more damage? Whats that going to do? No one will care because there is no reason to use higher damage stuff.

Im not saying PVP is the ONLY answer, Im saying strife adds reasons to use all these things. PVP is huge for strife. You could also add in things like major attacks by Mobs/NPCs.