Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    You again are Trying to paint me as a carebear that wants pvp gone and that I think combat needs to be taken out.

NONE of that is true.

I do NOT want combat gone, I have never cried over anything done to me, nor have I ever believed the that the game was perfect ot that it had no problems,

You act like this is a new idea on my part about the economy and how pvp is pointless, but from the very start I saw how combat in this game is pointless. I just chose to not whine about it and wait to see what they would do to fix it and what direction the game was going FIRST. Building and tribe activities hold my attention just fine for the time being.

THAT is the reason I have never bothered to participate. I didn't even defend myself when you killed me that time because why bother? What did you really do to me?

You basically admit the things you have done are considered by most as griefing. You won't find anyone in game that feels that way about me friend.

And again just to be clear, I never have gotten on board your train of thought or your point of view... I have had my own train to drive thank you very much, and can express my own thoughts much better than you can express them.

I think this thread is done. ( Hope they lock it soon )

Im not trying to twist anything.

If you see things in my post that you dont like, well sorry but they are just simply the facts.

If you want to link yourself with being a carebear, that's all you. I didnt say that, I do say that some of the things you say are carebear.

Like your OP.

My actions in game Ive done for many reasons none have been for griefing. Some people consider them griefing, I do not, nor did I want them to be considered griefing.

Heck attacking people in game can be considered griefing by many people. Some people think I'm a griefer because of these actions.

I'm also sure if I tried really hard I could search the forums and link posts of where you were posting statements of how you want to limit some of the open PVP ideas. But I dont really care enough to do all that work.

Well...

Still here and seems we are getting closer to a patch!

Hope any new players that see these threads realize that this game is still going and that eventually will get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Well...

Still here and seems we are getting closer to a patch!

Hope any new players that see these threads realize that this game is still going and that eventually will get there.

There has been lots of combat patches. But combat still is broken.

I'm curious MrDDT...

Have I ever said that combat was working correctly? So, I have to conclude one of two reasons for you posting in this thread...

1. You feel that any positive statement about Xsyon, distracts attention away from your crusade about combat and it needing to be fix ASAP before "they kill the game".

2. You some how don't get that the people that actually play the game are more interested in other changes now and often talk in global about how they wish they would quit messing around with combat and do other things NOW to help retain those that play the game.

Oh, and before you spout off about all the "1000's" you believe quit the game due to combat issues, I must ask you, if this game is indeed changing away from what you think it should be, why oh why are you still trying to ride that dead horse?

I'm curious MrDDT...

Have I ever said that combat was working correctly? So, I have to conclude one of two reasons for you posting in this thread...

1. You feel that any positive statement about Xsyon, distracts attention away from your crusade about combat and it needing to be fix ASAP before "they kill the game".

2. You some how don't get that the people that actually play the game are more interested in other changes now and often talk in global about how they wish they would quit messing around with combat and do other things NOW to help retain those that play the game.

Oh, and before you spout off about all the "1000's" you believe quit the game due to combat issues, I must ask you, if this game is indeed changing away from what you think it should be, why oh why are you still trying to ride that dead horse?
    When you say "often" talk about it in global, do you mean out of the 100 or so people that log in and play that they are not caring about the combat system? Well duh? Who is going to play a game that loves combat, with it broken so bad that its not fun at all?
    It would be like saying "Well the people that are left after a baseball game is over how they dont even want to go back home". Try talking to the people that have bought the game and are WAITING and WAITING and WAITING for combat to get better because they bought it for that reason.

The carebears have already killed the game, why do you think its in the state its in? Its just like this comment here. You are trying to act like because you stayed playing and a few others have stayed playing that now no one wants PVP or combat because all the people "playing" the game dont care for it.

You ask me why Im still here to try to get the game to go back to the way it was said to be? Well because I bought the game and I believe in the dream of it being good. Have I not said that before?

What I also think is funny is that you telling me that all these people are upset they are working on combat so much, then also saying how combat people are bad for asking for it. HAHA hypocritical much???
    The devs want combat working, and you are here asking why Im here still? It would be like me asking you why are you still here when they are working on something you dont believe is needed?

You keep starting threads that lead back to you whining about the devs in a "Oh I love this game buttttttt" kind of way. When others do it, we are beating a dead horse. Dont get upset when people point out your lies and show you the true facts.

The game has issues, everyone can see that but some of the fanboi's. Many of the fanboi's can even see the game has major issues. However, I do believe like many others the game will get better. Question is how much better, and when?

Nope.

I'm saying that YOU have a completely one sided view. I have never said that combat is bad nor have I ever said it should be removed. You keep getting me confused with others.

At the moment combat is mostly broken. Yes you can fight others and animals, but it takes forever, you have to be behind a player to get enough damage to be successful and all a player really needs to do is have a bit of armor and face their opponent and stalemate.

Many other things in the game are working and are quite enjoyable to play. You have done a ton of crafting and yet never comment on that side. The only thing you mention is combat as if it is the entire game. I don't think even those that have left thought that.

It is true that I don't care for your style of play, but it is allowed and I just have to deal with it don't I. As time progresses and Jordi and crew introduce contested areas leaving those that wish to take part the ability to do it, will that be enough to hold your attention? If you never get sieges or the option to destroy other peoples hard work, will this still be the game for you?

I will let you have the final say on all this as I just don't care to bicker with you any longer. Besides it's seems to be just me and you arguing now anyway ... I'm off to play the game.

Nope.

I'm saying that YOU have a completely one sided view. I have never said that combat is bad nor have I ever said it should be removed. You keep getting me confused with others.

At the moment combat is mostly broken. Yes you can fight others and animals, but it takes forever, you have to be behind a player to get enough damage to be successful and all a player really needs to do is have a bit of armor and face their opponent and stalemate.

Many other things in the game are working and are quite enjoyable to play. You have done a ton of crafting and yet never comment on that side. The only thing you mention is combat as if it is the entire game. I don't think even those that have left thought that.

It is true that I don't care for your style of play, but it is allowed and I just have to deal with it don't I. As time progresses and Jordi and crew introduce contested areas leaving those that wish to take part the ability to do it, will that be enough to hold your attention? If you never get sieges or the option to destroy other peoples hard work, will this still be the game for you?

I will let you have the final say on all this as I just don't care to bicker with you any longer. Besides it's seems to be just me and you arguing now anyway ... I'm off to play the game.

If you think I never talk about crafting you should read my posts a bit better.

I wish others could just be off to play the game but sadly its still only a shell of what they said it was. Now most of the people that bought the game with the "features" they listed are likely not even looking at this game anymore.

What the game lacks currently is a grand adventure. It's a broad term that covers many ideas (including combat/warfare), but this is mainly the problem I have with the game.

WURM is only half the game this one is graphically, but it is twice the game this one is when it comes to immersing you in a grand adventure. To compound that statement, WURMs combat is crap. Yet they still manage to make the game fun (mostly because of player freedom).

The way I see it... One side wants to make the game so people 'CANNOT' do certain things. The other side wants to make it so people 'WILL NOT' do certain things.

'Cannot' is better off with combat/warfare being removed or being purely for show. In this view, combat/warfare 'cannot' be used to shape the world (you can't even fight by 'not fighting'). 'Cannot' is also restricted in the sense that everyone is 'by force' equal. Because you 'cannot' do anything to offset the haves and the have-nots, everyone must be a have and therefore everything they have is about as useful as what everyone else has.

It's almost like this game has gone hippy. Which I admit may be a little strong, but it sure is giving me that vibe sunshine.

To create an environment of grand adventure, you must have 'real/not by mutual agreement/unwanted' opposition. And the very best opposition that exists in MMO land, is another human mind. Being opposed by a computer is nothing in comparison. It's the difference between chocolate flavoring and real chocolate.

There is no need for perseverance without setbacks. No need to improve, no need to negotiate, no need to want, no need to have, no need to risk it all in defense of what you believe, and therefore no need to take a stand on principle. No need to develop your own culture, society, politics, develop a sense of tribal identity (other than the name you type in or the colors you choose). When you cannot get knocked down there is no need to get back up and try again.

Currently, there is only one kind of life to lead in this game. It's the same as everyone else. Until I can live out the life that I choose in a grand 'bigger than the individual/myself' adventure, this game just won't be fun for me.

What does bigger than the individual mean? It means being subject to the way my neighbors choose to shape the world, and at the same time still having a choice of my own to endeavor to un-shape what they have done or to accept it and join their effort.

Besides it's seems to be just me and you arguing now anyway
    kinda sad actually.

I don't even care enough to counter the most ridiculous of your conclusions

/sniff.