Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combat?

Combat?

I haven't logged in for quite a while. Before I re-install, has the combat been fixed? Is it possible to attack and destroy things on another tribes land? Did they add archery?

Just curious,

Thanks.

Fixed = depends who u ask, my opinion its improved from before.
    Other 2 questions the answer is no

Animations and general overall feel have improved alot, desync and damage dealt are still an issue. It takes a long time to kill another player, not sure about animals as havent found any since last patch.

Combat is worse than before. There is another topic already on this, but IMO from my EXP combat currently is crappy at best. I would rather have desync we had before at least it was fun. This new combat makes no sense.

Combat is indeed not finished. Is it better than before? In some regards yes. They need to balance the damage and armor values.
    Attack speeds have been changed which brings some balance to the pre-order weapons.
    De-sync has seen some improvement but still has a little ways to go before it can be called "good enough".

Overall is combat more enjoyable? Not really, it takes to long to deal any real damage to anything. Parrying isn't really needed at this time with the damage tables the way they are but later it will become a must to stay alive if/when they change up the damage of weapons/damage reduction of armor.

Quote Originally Posted by krimara View Post
    Combat is indeed not finished. Is it better than before? In some regards yes. They need to balance the damage and armor values.
    Attack speeds have been changed which brings some balance to the pre-order weapons.
    De-sync has seen some improvement but still has a little ways to go before it can be called "good enough".

Overall is combat more enjoyable? Not really, it takes to long to deal any real damage to anything. Parrying isn't really needed at this time with the damage tables the way they are but later it will become a must to stay alive if/when they change up the damage of weapons/damage reduction of armor.

I agree with this.

Krimara about PO weapons, they are still the best, they do more DPS than most weapons (axes, picks etc) but now because of how its working knives and fists are the best weapons by far for DPS, which makes no sense at all. (I can see knives, but not fists at all).

As much as I hate to say it, I do no longer enjoy pvp, hell even hunting takes to long to kill a bear......I made a comment that I could probably take on MrDDT earlier, but now im like....why waste those 30-45mins trying? I mean if people stood directly in-front of each other with out moving and whacking at each other it probably takes a couple minutes to kill person.

The basics are in now though. It will take some time to find the right balance, but the "meat" of combat is there and I like the way it's looking. I'd suggest though that any further "suggestions" should be placed in the feedback thread.

Quote Originally Posted by krimara View Post
    The basics are in now though. It will take some time to find the right balance, but the "meat" of combat is there and I like the way it's looking. I'd suggest though that any further "suggestions" should be placed in the feedback thread.
    The meat has been there since day 1.
    If they would have just fixed the desync (which still isnt fixed) they wouldnt have needed all this other crap.

There is soooooo many issues with combat, I dont even want to start listing them all. Im not sure which "meat" you are talking about, but they should start with no lagged, and no desync in the combat and work into adding stuff after thats fixed. Not add tons of stuff to an already broken system making it more broken but more options of broken combat and those options are broken too.

@OP if combat is really what you are after, then i would suggest looking at another game because this game is not ready for you yet. Save dissapointment
    Even if the actual fighting controls hitting another player etc worked smoothly (it would be fun for a while) but the overall system needs alot more depth/meaning.

Can't really complain about lag or desync as I see neither of them.

Though I do find it funneh that any animals (the smaller the longer time) can't 'really' kill you at the moment. Though, I'm quite sure it was just a minor glitch.
    Combat would be way better of with skill decay as you'll also start to lose hp -rapidly- and some proper armor/damages balances.