The current build on the test server has many revision and tweaks to improve combat. Please provide feedback on the current state of PvP combat on the test server.
Here's what we've done:
- Player collision adjusted.
- Weapon range adjusted.
- Bug with set armor and skill values fixed.
- Bug with swing power fixed. (Quick swings were gaining 50% swing power).
- Attack swing speed slowed.
- Side to side movement slowed.
- Damage increased.
- Effect of swing power adjusted.
- Backstab damage increase slightly reduced.
- Character body angle adjusted to better match the camera angle.
- Increased the chance of being able to hold a swing while hit. This is based on your attack skills.
- Increased the chance of being able to hold a parry while hit. This is based on your parry skill.
- Successful parrys should always remain held.
- Swings drain energy, based on how charged your attack is.
- Bug with stats not gaining in combat fixed.
- Removed the ability to parry without a weapon.
- Updated animations to better show what weapon is used for the parry.
- Blocked auto move holdingboth mouse buttons in combat.
- Weapon quality increases damageusing a quadratic instead of a linear function.
- Revised combat damage text to show full calcuations.
- Dodge has been removed, for now. It will be implemented in a different manner.
- Added mouse combat mode.
This can be turned on through the Keybind panel. In mouse combat mouse you can use the right mouse button to attack and the left mouse button to parry. By default you will attack with your right and parry with your left hand. To switch hands, press the block (Left Alt) key.
Attackers skill and defenders armor is combined to calculate a 'to hit' factor that reduces damage. The calculations are similar to the D&D 'to hit AC 0' system.
Mouse combat mode does not save when you exit the game. This will be set up soon.
- Animations for successful parrys.
- Specific body part targeting for critical hits.
- Debuffs based on critical hits such as slowed movement.
- Greater effect on energy gain based on hunger and thirst.
- Revised damage reduction for successful parrys.
- Revised creature ranges, attack power and defense.
All of the values are now easy to adjust. I appreciate feedback on all aspects of the current system especially the newly added mouse mode combat.