Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When will AI's be added to the game?

***UPDATE***

I received a response via PM from Xsyon about my question:

Hello, I plan to post an update and answer questions tonight or tomorrow... dealing with a problem with the site right now. Argh...

Thanks for the question though.
    Big shout out to everyone in the thread who have been so helpful and supportive of those asking simple questions, you guys are great, keep up the good work.
    Not that I don't love running around building things and scavenging materials, but I'd love to actually kill something. Any idea when monsters/AI's will be added to the game (or if they're in, where can I find them?).

Re:When will AI's be added to the game?

Alot of things is turned off for early access while they are adding more and fixing more.

Most likely AIs will be added without a specific date, but only when they are ready for the Early Access users to experience the AIs and ready for that tree of feedback.

tl;dr: Not a specific date.

KamenMoore wrote:
    Alot of things is turned off for early access while they are adding more and fixing more.

Most likely AIs will be added without a specific date, but only when they are ready for the Early Access users to experience the AIs and ready for that tree of feedback.

tl;dr: Not a specific date.
    So yeah, to clarify I'm not expecting to be given a date, I am looking to find if anyone has seen an AI and if they are not available yet if Xsyon would give a response as to relatively how long until we can expect their addition.

Most likely he'll just say is that they'll be in when he's ready to put them in...
    pid73 wrote:
    It's about smashing with a tank over a minicar and looting it's trunk.

/bump

By whicker at 2010-04-12

Don't put pressure on them to turn on new features when there are still bugs to be squashed.

Derek wrote:
    Don't put pressure on them to turn on new features when there are still bugs to be squashed.
    Maybe you didn't notice but I wasn't pressuring NG to implement anything, just curious about when a major feature may be seen in game.

Running around picking up grass and twigs loses its charm after a few hours.

tl;dr: If you're not Xyson or have seen an AI in game save your commentary for General Discussion.

Kagg wrote:
    Maybe you didn't notice but I wasn't pressuring NG to implement anything, just curious about when a major feature may be seen in game.

Running around picking up grass and twigs loses its charm after a few hours.

tl;dr: If you're not Xyson or have seen an AI in game save your commentary for General Discussion.
    Touchy aren't we?

Why suggest AI/grind, in perhaps one of the most sandbox, player-run/driven game releasing very soon?

NullZero wrote:
    Why suggest AI/grind, in perhaps one of the most sandbox, player-run/driven game releasing very soon?
    AI's are monsters, ambient creatures, and NPC's. They aren't a suggestion, they are a game feature. I'm not even sure where you got the idea that I was suggesting adding a grind. If you are still confused perhaps you should send me a PM or read the feature list of the game here.

Creatures

Xsyon is populated with player humans and non player undead, animals and mutants. Creatures can be hunted or become the hunter.

No set creature spawns or re-spawns. Animals multiply based on the current creature population. Undead never truly die, or do they?
    Creatures gain experience and power, potentially evolving into legendary beings.
    Creatures can overrun areas or be depleted.
    Creatures gravitate towards different areas based on mood and weather.
    Creatures can be tamed and ridden.
    Creatures driven to the outer reaches of the world mutate.
    Creatures possess realistic loot. If you see armor or a weapon on a creature you can take it. Animals can be carved up for raw materials.
    Creatures are a primary resource for crafters.