Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What exactly have I pre-ordered?

Hi,
    I'm new here and pre-ordered kind of spontaneously. I have a couple of questions that I havent been able to see obvious answers to so here goes.

1) Does the pre-order put me in some kind of closed beta that is scheduled for 15th April with a final wipe on 15th May before limited release? Not expecting the dates to be written in tablets of stone but they're the only ones I can find.

2) Is the game linear or is it aiming to be more of a sandbox (I have been kind of assuming sandbox). I try and avoid linear beta's now as the release tends to be a rinse and repeat process of open beta for the first few weeks.

Well done to the devs and admins :cheer: on running an informative and welcoming forum, its very engaging.

Re:What exactly have I pre-ordered?

Primavera wrote:
    Hi,
    I'm new here and pre-ordered kind of spontaneously. I have a couple of questions that I havent been able to see obvious answers to so here goes.

1) Does the pre-order put me in some kind of closed beta that is scheduled for 15th April with a final wipe on 15th May before limited release? Not expecting the dates to be written in tablets of stone but they're the only ones I can find.

2) Is the game linear or is it aiming to be more of a sandbox (I have been kind of assuming sandbox). I try and avoid linear beta's now as the release tends to be a rinse and repeat process of open beta for the first few weeks.

Well done to the devs and admins :cheer: on running an informative and welcoming forum, its very engaging.
    1) Preorders will be let in on a first come first serve basis. They are letting people in in waves, when the different waves are let in depends on bug fixes and server problems. All preorders will be let in by May 15th before the wipe.

2) Sandbox.

Re: What exactly have I pre-ordered?

1) Preorder allows you to have two free game months, and go into the draw to get into beta.
    2) I know its a sandbox, but don't know what linear refers to so based on that its a sandbox with the idea of the aftermath of human kind in 2012.
    We have cool new forums... Y~A~Y

Yeah, basically first come first serve type thing. They are aiming to have all the pre-orderers in a bit before May 15th.

If you have any questions regarding the games current state or its features post them and ill see what I can do.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kiwibird wrote:
    1) Preorder allows you to have two free game months, and go into the draw to get into beta.
    2) I know its a sandbox, but don't know what linear refers to so based on that its a sandbox with the idea of the aftermath of human kind in 2012.
    Thanks - By linear I meant any form of fixed storyline/levelling processes involved as in WoW, lotro etc style of progression.

I can sorta guess there will be content plugs, but to what degree I can't say.

It is a sandbox, but I do think 'chapters' will be how content may be added. I can only say that based on my personal view however as I have no inside information.

Things like "Prelude" would suggest titles. I can only guess that we may see "Dawn of Music", "500 Years" and the like added to the content of the game.

edaw22 wrote:
    Yeah, basically first come first serve type thing. They are aiming to have all the pre-orderers in a bit before May 15th.

If you have any questions regarding the games current state or its features post them and ill see what I can do.
    I do have a question on features. Any idea if there will be opportunities to steal either items or guarded resources? I like soloing and find that stealing is a great mechanic to give the solo crafter a chance of success, as well as the chance of getting killed for it being a huge buzz.

Hmm, damn why couldnt you have asked a question I actually knew something about, lol. Nah kidding, we dont know if there will be stealing in game yet or what form it will take.

Anything else?

Preferably questions regarding the listed features or the game in its current state.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From what I heard been talking about, it seems that stealing is possible, at least raw resources (ie resource nodes). Doing so seems to be co-equal in terms of punishment from the game as PKing... an unknown system to make it have unknown disadvantages.

I'm sure if and when you need to thou you can try and setup trades... might not be perfect for a hermit, but it might be the only solution

kiwibird wrote:
    From what I heard been talking about, it seems that stealing is possible, at least raw resources (ie resource nodes). Doing so seems to be co-equal in terms of punishment from the game as PKing... an unknown system to make it have unknown disadvantages.

I'm sure if and when you need to thou you can try and setup trades... might not be perfect for a hermit, but it might be the only solution
    Na, stealing is a real fun play mechanic - trading is a poor second if you can steal it Being chased for miles by angry people who dont understand that some of us eschew the notion of property is something that would definitely happen in a post-apocalyptic society (At least it would if I survived the apocalypse), so hopefully it will be possible.

Tribes who horde resources will inevitably be challenged for them is some manner, be it taxation from larger tribes, attack by evil tribes or theft from the likes of yours truly *if* the mechanics allow.