Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What crafting skills will be available in Prelude?

I've had a few guildies ask what crafting skills will be available at launch of Prelude. I have done some searching and have not been able to get a complete list of gathering and crafting professions which will be in this game upon launch of the Prelude.

Can someone please provide a list, if one exists. Otherwise, this thread can be used to list all of the gathering and crafting professions.

Cheers;
    Kron

Re:What crafting skills will be available in Prelude?

Balazar wrote:
    I've had a few guildies ask what crafting skills will be available at launch of Prelude. I have done some searching and have not been able to get a complete list of gathering and crafting professions which will be in this game upon launch of the Prelude.

Can someone please provide a list, if one exists. Otherwise, this thread can be used to list all of the gathering and crafting professions.

Cheers;
    Kron
    We will have Basketry, Leather craft, Tailor, Weaponsmith, Tool Crafter.

Now the cool part of this is Say your a basketry and you want to make some armor You can use Grass which the recipe call's for or you can use cloth leather or metal to assemble it.

ANY resource of the same nature can be used in any crafting, and any tool of the same nature can be used as well.

So leather crafting you can mix leather and metal's to get better defense but less mobility.

Ikisis wrote:

Now the cool part of this is Say your a basketry and you want to make some armor You can use Grass which the recipe call's for or you can use cloth leather or metal to assemble it.

ANY resource of the same nature can be used in any crafting, and any tool of the same nature can be used as well.

So leather crafting you can mix leather and metal's to get better defense but less mobility.
    This is great !

Jadzia wrote:
    This is great !
    I knew women would be excited about basketry
    Brum, brum.

3 mature clans then a Poop stain.

Less of the hostility - what your problem?

I was a tailor in DF when everything first began. It wasn't very fun. I can't remember why... Something about the gold cost of something... It cost so much gold to make each item on top of materials I couldn't just be a pure crafter. And the materials had a 5% chance of dropping 1 piece on the mobs that had it, I just grinded gold rather than materials and bought it from an NPC to save myself time.

Selzi wrote:
    I was a tailor in DF when everything first began. It wasn't very fun. I can't remember why... Something about the gold cost of something... It cost so much gold to make each item on top of materials I couldn't just be a pure crafter. And the materials had a 5% chance of dropping 1 piece on the mobs that had it, I just grinded gold rather than materials and bought it from an NPC to save myself time.
    Wont be like that at all.

Selzi wrote:
    this happens when cost/drop rates and similar are not well balanced.

this will most probably happen to any new product, Xsyon included.
    the important thing is that over time (2 weeks or after launch or so) these values are balanced (many would say nerfed).

gameplay has the same problems, the perfect mix is not too easy but, also, not too hard.

Ikisis wrote:
    Balazar wrote:

Cheers;
    Kron

There's also a "bonecraft" skill.

Selzi wrote:
    In Xsyon the economy is entirely player driven, so there are no NPC's to buy/sell items with.

By whicker at 2010-04-12