Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A talk with Jooky!

[12:14:39 PM] Jooky: crafting is not set up
    [12:14:52 PM] Jooky: ok... I'll explain all the problems
    [12:15:04 PM] Jooky: and maybe you can post about this in the forums
    [12:15:14 PM] Ikisis: i will do that

1) I am dealing with questions from the community, that is taking several hours every day, but I want to make sure people get answers

2) people are able to get into the game running unpatched / incorrect builds
    [12:16:04 PM] Jooky: this is why crafting is messed up
    [12:16:13 PM] Jooky: and the main reason I keep taking the server down

3) every time I rush out a new patch so people see some changes, it's not quite ready, but I want people to see that we're working hard on everything. At the same time, this is slowing us down because I'm releasing patches with known issues, simply because it would take me more time to block things (like crafting) completely

4) we're trying to finish our next patch: installer / server and client
    [12:18:57 PM] Jooky: with this patch, crafting should be normal, people will not be able to log in with unpatched / incorrect clients and a large portion of reported bugs have been fixed
    [12:19:11 PM] Jooky: but I don't want to rush this patch out with unfinished things, or we will have more problems

5) The main problem is that we're having these unexpected problems with the server and with the 'loading entities'. We think the main cause is people creating bad data right now. It's taking more time for us (me) to deal with this. We're doing our best!!!

So rest easy people he is working on it and we will see improvements rapidly very shortly.

Re:A talk with Jooky!

Great bit of information.
    I say to hell with the questions for now! Let the community answer what they can
    Brum, brum.

Information is overrated!
    [img size=500]http://i42.tinypic.com/15yys69.jpg[/img]

Ikisis wrote:
    1) I am dealing with questions from the community, that is taking several hours every day, but I want to make sure people get answers
    Oh for the love of god he's still personally replying to FAQs?

Keeping people informed is all very good and well, but it's not the priority when there's significant development work to be done. I'm sure people will live if the tiny semantic question they have about a nuance of a crafting system that isn't even actually implement yet isn't answered.

Someone get this man a community manager now!

He has one. Namely Virtus, the website guy.

As for why he is personally answering questions, I don'y know and neither does Virtus.
    There is the high level design of a gameplay mechanic. Then there is what everyone does in spite of it.

Some things I do have to personally deal with. For example, an irate mommy who phones me because her son charged Xsyon on her credit card.

Any volunteers to help me with that? <...crickets...>

Xsyon wrote:
    Some things I do have to personally deal with. For example, an irate mommy who phones me because her son charged Xsyon on her credit card.

Lily could do that. She would be great!
    [img size=500]http://i42.tinypic.com/15yys69.jpg[/img]

Xsyon wrote:

That particular example IS something that is valid for you to do personally (ohlol irate mums :laugh: ). However, I can't imagine it takes hours a day.

Virtus is doing a grand job of the boards and irc etc, I'm just suggesting it may be an idea to install another filter person, who can deal with all the crap and pass on the important stuff for your attention.

All the big guys have a PA you know!

Xsyon wrote:

i volunteer!

*throws phone out the window*

done!