Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Xsyon Citizen
    I agree, I think tracking is a really good idea. I have walked for miles and miles only to find a squirrel here and there. I don't mind walking for miles and miles but a tracking system would be good, if only it points you in a direction of were a animal might be or were one was. The least it would do is make it a bit more interactive.. Right now the squinting at the monitor and running toward every odd shaped pixel gets tedious sometimes.

I'm pretty sure there are still bugs with animal pathing and movement also. This could lead to it looking like there are less animals then there are.

I found this pretty large raccoon near my camp, and it was on a pretty flat surface. It was not moving, but if I got close to it, it would attack me. I attacked it some and tried to get it to follow me, but it would not move.

When I got the raccoon close to death though it started to try to get away from me. It ran away toward a downhill and when it got to where it started to go downhill the animal fell underground and was stuck there.(I still kind of had it targeted with a circle around it so I could see it was not moving)

This was before the last 2 patches, but after the patches that mentioned animal ai. (though its possible they tweak it alittle every patch and dont mention it, so maybe this is fixed)

Im pretty sure animal pathing still needs work though.

I was almost killed by a Marmot since I could target, but not hit the little critter. So I took off running. That critter followed me across 3 creeks until I stopped on a flat area to fight again. this time I was able to finally kill it.

I have seen lot's of rats and ground squirrels swimming in the lake.

BTW, there are tree's spawning on the bottom of the lake.....