Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Wait this game hasnt died yet?

    Im supprised its still going haha, whats the population like these days? Any actual reason to play? Combat sorted out, If so are the safe zones still up and carebearing away?

    EVE is getting a little stale for me atm.

    Evil Weebl - Member of Pandemic
    "Weebl's Wobble But Never Fall Down ..... An Evil Weebl Is the Same, But You'll Pray That He Doesn't Get Back Up"
    Quote Originally Posted by ModEzekiel
    Nice try with the thread saver, but closing thread for either misleading topic or post content.

  2. #2
    I'm not surprised it's still going. Small team, small budget, small playerbase. As long as there is a balance among those things, and as long as the developers believe in the project, it will be around. See Face of Mankind for proof of this.

    Anyway, the latest patch looks interesting, so I'll probably be getting the new patcher to check out the updates. Fairly certain safe zones are still up.

  3. #3
    Well if you like building stuff, xsyon has only gotten much better. On this front it delivers something that not many MMOs can.

    If you like pvp, combat has certainly improved a lot but you will be quite hard pressed to find any targets. You wont be able to just go out and find someone to kill on random.

    If you like crafting, then you are in luck, gathering and crafting are still the only ways to progress, if you dont like it then you are pretty screwed. Some item stats are also still placeholders or not working. Its also quite tedious, no mass crafting.

    If you like community, then there is a great and fairly active global chat channel, but its mostly all the same people talking.

    I think a guide said at some point in global last patch day that there were like 50 people on and that it was a big deal. So yea, its a little too quiet.

    That was a more or less critical and fair assesment. Take it or leave it.

  4. #4
    For the OP it has not improved in ways you would like.

    For most of the crafter/builder/gatherer types it is getting better and better!

    We just got a unique feature ( afaik ) in game that has made the world a bit more alive... Tree planting.

    Any of you out there still on the fence, that have played WURM or minecraft You really should check it out... it could be your next great game

  5. #5
    I'm finding many reasons to play, and have so many projects in mind I'd imagine I'll be playing a very long time. These projects are largely crafting related though, not scalp related so... all depends on what you're looking for.

    I have no doubt that you would find some folks willing and able to fight you, but generally I think the folks playing at the moment are pretty happy with the notion of folks being happy. Live and let live, for the most part. While the population may not be as big as deserving considering the amount of work put into the game, it's a population of congenial folks which adds a lot to the game for me.

    I'd say development continues at a very acceptably brisk pace when all variables are accounted for.

    Hope that somewhat answers the OP.

  6. #6
    0.o ur still alive, haha! Well games headed somewhere you wont like so well. Safe zones are up and the game has been improving alot. But still ways to go , Carts are about finished, i got to test them, they are fun XD. Combat is alright, but atm its more of a who has the most hps, ya stand their n swing swing, tank tank. Kinda deal, so i hope combat gets revised again. But you should log in and see the progress. It isnt as carebear easy anymore as it was at launch. Things slowly been gettin tougher, and when skill decay gets added soon, then things will certainly change XD. Btw gimmie a eve update, killed my sub months ago, curious of the wars atm, hehe !
    The Praetorian Guards

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd0 View Post
    Im supprised its still going haha, whats the population like these days? Any actual reason to play? Combat sorted out, If so are the safe zones still up and carebearing away?

    EVE is getting a little stale for me atm.

    Combat is a little better, but still got a ways to go. Its missing meaning, and flare IMO.
    PVE overall is very easy and boring. Even the new mutants are of little risk as I just walk away from them if I'm getting low on HP.
    PVP is lacking in many ways as far as balance, and tactics.
    Yep safezones are still there, I dont see them going away for a long time.

    Having said all that. The world building is getting much better. You should check out some of the things people have done. Crafting now has some cool things with bonuses and stuff.
    New bonuses off the mutants is adding even more stuff to what can be done with crafting.
    Tree planting has help bring the world so its less barren however, now there is like too many trees.

    Gaming is progressing.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  8. #8
    Hmm well, i think ill stay away... for now. Would like to see this game take off again. Maybe it will, who knows.

    As for the update of EVE, the Russians still have a tight hold on 0.0, And it looks like its gonna stay that way for some time.

    Evil Weebl - Member of Pandemic
    "Weebl's Wobble But Never Fall Down ..... An Evil Weebl Is the Same, But You'll Pray That He Doesn't Get Back Up"
    Quote Originally Posted by ModEzekiel
    Nice try with the thread saver, but closing thread for either misleading topic or post content.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    0.o ur still alive, haha! Well games headed somewhere you wont like so well. Safe zones are up and the game has been improving alot. But still ways to go , Carts are about finished, i got to test them, they are fun XD. Combat is alright, but atm its more of a who has the most hps, ya stand their n swing swing, tank tank. Kinda deal, so i hope combat gets revised again. But you should log in and see the progress. It isnt as carebear easy anymore as it was at launch. Things slowly been gettin tougher, and when skill decay gets added soon, then things will certainly change XD. Btw gimmie a eve update, killed my sub months ago, curious of the wars atm, hehe !
    Carts... now we just need something to hook to them to pull them. Been down that handcart path.. not really feeling it again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •