Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    To summarise:

There are many totems with inactive players.

Some are small tribes that have no-one active.
    Some are large tribes with a much smaller active group than earlier, and their zone is expanded beyond its normal boundary.

BOTH of these are holding onto space that other players might want to use, but cannot.

Taking this space away is frought with problems:
    - People paid for it, and worked for it at some point, how can you now take it away from them?
    - How can you leave land fallow, when its no longer in use and newer players want to make good use of it?
    - How can anyone tell what is active and what is inactive - is logging in once every two months and doing nothing active? Is paying but not playing inactive? Is playing but not paying active? Is watching the game and waiting for zombies, cooking, epic Stegosaurus mount, or whatever inactive?

That is why some form of totem up-keep is essential: we are all placed on the same footing and it removes all doubt and argument - you work for it, or you lose it.

Rogen

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Also, these arguments about inflated tribe areas with inactive members keeping it larger than it would be in reality, is very hypocritical. NONE of the larger tribes can Honestly say they have NO inactive members. This includes anyone in these threads.
    This is my point exactly, the devs cannot single out anyone it would have to be done population wide large tribes and all.
    This is why i think it will be best done using a yet to be developed ingame feature like totem upkeep etc as people have mentioned. small abandoned tribes will fade out and large tribes will work to maintain their area

Well, I happen to be a member of one of those 'inflated' tribes. But until they give said warning/email to previous customers who didnt get a refund and quit, no one should lose property....one man or 50 man. Once payment system is fixed, and emails sent, and warning time passed.....start removing inactive accounts from game world...including the 50 man tribes. If you dont have all members actively 'paying', whether they play ot not...they should be removed, and tribe radius recalculated. That's the only way to be fair.

On a side note...when expansion areas hit, tribe with inactive members will be tied to one spot...not able to move into greener pastures so to speak. So ...start contacting your memebers....hehe.

Thanks
    Deacon

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Well, I happen to be a member of one of those 'inflated' tribes. But until they give said warning/email to previous customers who didnt get a refund and quit, no one should lose property....one man or 50 man. Once payment system is fixed, and emails sent, and warning time passed.....start removing inactive accounts from game world...including the 50 man tribes. If you dont have all members actively 'paying', whether they play ot not...they should be removed, and tribe radius recalculated. That's the only way to be fair.

On a side note...when expansion areas hit, tribe with inactive members will be tied to one spot...not able to move into greener pastures so to speak. So ...start contacting your memebers....hehe.

Thanks
    Deacon
    Well, you wouldnt need to purge anyone once the totem system gets done, because territory wouldnt be tied to membercount anymore. Thats kinda the point.

I would love a new totems system in place that solved the problem by paying to upkeep it or lose it.

I am ALL for that!

Bring it on as it would mean we would grow anyway!

I don't want to be forced into another time sink just to keep my totem. We already have massive time sinks for crafting and construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    I don't want to be forced into another time sink just to keep my totem. We already have massive time sinks for crafting and construction.
    I agree with that, I'm not fond of daily chores in games. So a better solution would be imo if we could 'buy' land expansions for the totem, and once we bought it it belongs to the totem. If the tribe leader unsubscribe the leadership goes to the next tribe member in rank. As long as there are payed accounts in the tribe the totem is up and healthy, when there are no subscribed members anymore the totem start to decay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I agree with that, I'm not fond of daily chores in games. So a better solution would be imo if we could 'buy' land expansions for the totem, and once we bought it it belongs to the totem.
    Buy it with what? Isn't that what Banden is saying? Pay for your area with an up-keep fee?

A real resource sink is needed in this game. There is zero currently in the game.
    Not sure what people are saying there is "another" time sink to keep a totem. I'm not sure what is a time sink at all yet, let alone one with a totem.

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    Buy it with what? Isn't that what Banden is saying? Pay for your area with an up-keep fee?
    Buy it with resources, special items or whatever that is found in game. I believe Banden is talking about an upkeep fee, which has to be payed regularly, daily or weekly perhaps. I'm talking about a one-time purchase, like you put thousand (whatever item) into your totem and your land expands with say 20 meters radius. No regular upkeep which may become a chore, only a one-time payment. Once the land is yours you don't have to worry about it, it will be yours as long as you (or any of your tribemembers) are subscribed.