Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Allow tribes to expand please.

I know that totem decay is a big issue with many.

But the simple fact is that although you want the players that made all these 1 man totems all over the place to return and have a place to call home, What about the players that have been playing and PAYING all along?

Take for instance My tribe Pawnee.

Its radius is 159 and now can no longer grow due to an abandoned 1 man totem across the river from us. This 1 man has not had any active player in game since release.

What can be done about these?

If you look in your Database, and see that there are totems that have not had an active player for 10 month, don't you think it reasonable to remove them?
    If they get interested in the game again they can always buy a sub and look for a new spot.
    It is what I would expect to have to do if I had left so long ago. Most games have some method to reclaim this type of thing after a period of inactivity.

At least then you would not be limiting your active paying customers, with hopes that some person that stopped playing long ago MAY come back.

I agree with this that there are too many abandoned totems however i think this is a tricky one to deal with.

For instance they are effectively deleteing their account and making them start again from any work they have spent collecting resourses and building etc (not skills etc though).

In the same fashion how would people feel who are in large tribes that have alot of inactive members and they members were effectively removed from the game, therefore shrinking your oversized tribal area, i'd imagine the actives would be very unhappy.

Thats the issue i see atm, you cant delete one, and not the others.

I dont really know what the solution to this is, but if buildings had damage points added that would be a start if your tribe land was to shrink.

Paying your sub=reserving a plot of land is the way i see it

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    I know that totem decay is a big issue with many.

But the simple fact is that although you want the players that made all these 1 man totems all over the place to return and have a place to call home, What about the players that have been playing and PAYING all along?

Take for instance My tribe Pawnee.

Its radius is 159 and now can no longer grow due to an abandoned 1 man totem across the river from us. This 1 man has not had any active player in game since release.

What can be done about these?

If you look in your Database, and see that there are totems that have not had an active player for 10 month, don't you think it reasonable to remove them?
    If they get interested in the game again they can always buy a sub and look for a new spot.
    It is what I would expect to have to do if I had left so long ago. Most games have some method to reclaim this type of thing after a period of inactivity.

At least then you would not be limiting your active paying customers, with hopes that some person that stopped playing long ago MAY come back.

You might have a point if over 1/2 of your tribe wasnt inactive.

Tell you what, kick all your inactives out of your tribe first. Then when you get to the radius problem repost. Then you might have a point. Until then you are taking up WAY more land than you should with your tribe due to 1/2 of your members are inactive just like that 1 man totem.

I think they need to start putting in decay right away, and warn inactive people right away. Heck just warn them already without the system in place. Then they have a chance to do something about it. Mass email should be sent out to all the inactive people warning them that decay is coming and they could lose their totem if they dont do something about it.

Don't presume that I would have an issue if this was done.

I do not feel it would be fair to shrink an active tribe if they have maintained active members since tribe creation. So no tribe still active would be affected anyway .. including you ddt.

I am also not suggesting any accounts be deleted.

I am suggesting that the totems be removed.

Seriously, why should people that do not pay nor play be allowed to continue to hold territory when it is obvious to all that they are not interested in this game enough to pay for a sub or login every so often?

I am partly thinking of this as showing appreciation to your loyal players and not rewarding players that could care less.

And before you start declaring what other people will do or how they feel, the evidence shows clearly that those that made all these 1 man totems, not only don't care about this game, but also many of the biggest tribes that have left, have for whatever reasons, also chosen not to participate in how things have progress to date.

Again, I ask, WHY should those players be allowed to hold land if they have not played in MANY months and don't have an active sub?

It would be very easy to send emails to all non-playing members that in 2 weeks, if you do no't reactivate a sub to relaime yout totem it will be removed and all resources left in you personal inventory on your main character.

Once you have all the inactive members from your totem removed you have some what of a point. But still even then, these players are waiting for promised content, and promised time to come back.

You are asking for these totems to be removed so your 50%+ inactive tribe can grow BIGGER? Kick all your inactives you will have LOTS of room to grow.

Promised. funny word to use here.

Promise: A declaration or assurance that one will do a particular thing or that guarantees that a particular thing will happen.

The only promise we have actually been given by Notorious Games is that the game will change based upon player feedback, and that they will give free play time to players that have been charged when other players were not.

Specific content was not promised .. it was planned.

This doesn't depend on how you want to perceive it, because it is an online game that has to abide by legal standards. They were careful to phrase it the way they did, especially because the game is designed to change when the player base likes or dislikes some feature.

I am really NOT playing at semantics. A promise and a plan are two very different things.

When it goes your way it seems like you agree it went according to plan, when it does not it becomes a broken promise. Sorry but the words are NOT interchangable.

Anyway, for someone that prides themselves on logic, accuracy and detail, it's a funny word to use here since it is neither accurate, logical or honest.

Things were promised. Planned is like "Hey we plan to have some more content". Promised is "We will" or "We have" or "We do". Like "We have 80% done on all the system listed on our features page" that's a statement or a promise. Not "We look to have 80% done soon" or "We might have 80% done soon" or "We are trying to have 80% done", or "The plan is" or "The goal is.."

No need to debate this with you, they said they would give people time to come back to the game with more content, and they would send out emails warning. They said said they would give them about 6 months to do this.

personally, i have been here since launch play almost every damn day, recruiting when i can. But in the end 99% of the tribe i created always ends inactive. This is not my fault, So if they shrink my tribe due to inactive, ill quit and be very pissed. I built my city by myself, collected all the resources, did everything. I deserve what i have, I earned it. And i wont stick around if i loose it. Its not my fault the game didnt hold their interest, every member in my tribe stuck around for months and some stayed till recently. They all have their own reasons for quiting or waiting for new content. However dont punish those of us old tribes that been here since launch trying , just because we cant control who sticks around.

This game has been plagued with this very issues since a month after launch, We all have tried to keep afloat but after 2 weeks-3 months always ends the same friggin way. However the 1 man totems are an issue yes, But they deserve a chance to return and see what the game has had happend. So heres a solution to your issue oak, We need a remove totem button, that way if another totem is in are way of growing, we can easly move are totem away from it so we can continue to grow. This will also allow so many other tribes to finally expand into tribe status. But dont punish those of us who has worked hard and keep trying, its not are fault.

I agree fatboy. How do you think others feel about that when they lose theirs? Without warning or very little warning?

Which is why emails should be sent right away to start this process of people to log in and check the game back out, and take measures to protect what they worked hard for.

Many tribes are inactive, and many have done more than you have.

I agree with fatboy and DDT, I don't think tribes should shrink due to inactive members. HOWEVER...........

I think that any one-man tribe that has been inactive should be deleted immediately. Especially those one-man tribes with zero structures built. Then start working on warning emails for larger tribes, with plans for decay or whatever it takes to clean up the world.