Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soloable?

Soloable?

Well I am an pack animal myself and enjoy playing games with groups. I found that playing Wurms Online alone was also rather fun, while time consuming it did has some satisfaction to even do the smallest task by yourself and see you build a small deed all up by yourself. Find your own mine, terraform your own land, farm your own food etc.

A discussion with is similar to this is being discussed here and in this thread we already concluded you can not set up a temporary camp.

However is it possible for a player, without a tribe, to create a small camp, small farm (after we get there though evolution :P), etc to sustain himself and how "easy" would that be to do? In Wurm Online it was relatively easy, while it was hard work it was possible to even as a new player go out and do it and maintain every building, fence and farm to sub stain one person.

Re:Soloable?

Again, the same response is to be given, nothing like this is currently supported. To build anything it requires a guild.

key word being currently. I have no idea if something will be setup in the future.

I'm taking this into consideration. Right now the world is based around tribes.

In the future I can see where we can evolve the game to allow for this: individuals having alliances with tribes, paying for protection or simply finding a very remote spot to comfortably live as a hermit.

I can imagine a solo player building a camp and making a deal with the evil tribes so that they leave him alone in exchange for goods and services.

Or maybe a player with high level skills will be valuable enough for everyone that others will let him be.

These are the kind of questions I like to read to help us decide how the game will evolve in the future.

We'll see!

Is it designed around tribes because of its all built around the 10+ people requirement, or because build takes a lot of resources & effort?

Both, and primarily because this is a community based game.

I can imagine in the future with well established towns that Xsyon will appeal more to the solo player who can come in and see the existing community as a backdrop for adventures, but the Prelude is mostly about building communities in a new world.

This is a great suggestion, if not a needed to implant suggestion.

But if implanted you'd need to consider if it'd be timed or permanent.

Xsyon wrote:

Or maybe a player with high level skills will be valuable enough for everyone that others will let him be.

This is something I would be greatly interested in.

I more then likely will join a tribe. However that said, if it was possible to be the go to guy for certain resources, information, and or products. I would be love to be that guy.

I always play a crafter. Being known for your services and being able to play both sides of a dispute was always fun. I miss that in Old UO...
    Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Yeah.
    It'd be good to set tasks for different individuals.

i agree that it should be possible to "solo" the game, or at least try to - i think social interactions will happen anyway, even if someone is playing a hermit character. Also, playing a hermit will probably be much harder...

VowOfSilence wrote:
    i agree that it should be possible to "solo" the game, or at least try to - i think social interactions will happen anyway, even if someone is playing a hermit character. Also, playing a hermit will probably be much harder...
    Indeed, a person will not be able to, by themselves, carry everything they will need. What would be neat though is a nomadic tribe, pick up all their gear and put it on their backs like the Romans used to.