Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Game performance still not any good

Hey guys,

I have tried Xsyon again with my free week (which started today). I haven't played since last summer I think. I have to say that performance is still quite bad and that is not acceptable, more if you want this game to succeed now that it is getting better. My PC is running Windows 7 and it is built with a nvidia gtx 285 1gb, 4 gb ram ddr3, cpu intel i5 2,66 ghz. I can run games like TERA, Rift, Mortal Online, FFXIV or Age of Conan with 40-80 fps, all of which have better graphics than Xsyon. In Xsyon, all I get is 10-25 fps. I can't play the game that way, nor even try to see if it is any better. Some friends which also received free week have the same issue. I really hope someday devs focus on optimizing the game engine, this time for good.

Oddly enough, I have a far worse rig, and I am getting 40-60FPS (locked at 60 on my system). Have you adjusted the settings or are you trying to run it at max?

he probably means full settings, I dunno if there are any current performance issues but try turning adv. shadows off, that helped me a lot.

This is not to bash anyone but being in the gaming field people think because they have a big/high end rig they think they plug in there computer and bam the game should run perfect, well in reality that does not always happen or can, there is alot of factors so they blame the game, well I used to do the same until I started working in the field, so people need to make sure everything is up to date...on there machine, make sure they adjust settings to there machine to see if there is any change most of the time this does fix the issue.

Shadows Off, and drop the settings to Med rather then the highest setting. Can some of it be on the end of the game sure, but there are so many factors here that it can be there fore on the end of the user.. even if other games do run perfect.

I can run this game on a decent machine perfectly, now my high end some times it does have lower FPS. but if I drop the settings it runs fine.

Turn off vsync if you are only getting 15-20 fps. You are probably getting more, just not over 60fps or whatever your monitor's refresh rate is. Also, advanced shadows can be turned off. This option offers very little for the huge performance hit they require (this is true in all games.).

Yes, I was expecting these kind of replys. First of all, I have all updated, drivers, settings etc. As I said, other games with better graphics are played at very high fps on my rig. So after that, WHY should I just turn shadows off and then be happy with it? The game, with my rig, SHOULD let me play the game at full or almost full settings with more than decent FPS, but it doesn't. More if you read that I can play games with MUCH better graphics than Xsyon at full settings and get more than 30 fps. I can adapt to the bad performance of the game, of course, and turn all to low till I get 60 fps, but that way I am ignoring the game has performance issues and that is what I am trying to show. No, I won't play the game at low because I want to play with shadows, with hdr, with good textures, and with all the money I did spend on my rig I should be able to do it, if the game doesn't let me do it it is the game and dev's problem, not mine. There are many many many people like me who want to play the game at good settings and they have spent money on their rigs to do so, and when they see the bad performance that is one of the main reasons they quit. Want examples? Vanguard, Age of Conan the first months, Earthrise,etc. Oh, and we are not talking about what will happen if (I think that will not happen in the game actual conditions but well) more people come to the game, how do you think performance will be if now it is like this?

I agree with Treyu mostly.

1)I disagree you getting those types of FPS in those games all the time.
    2)I agree Xsyon has issues with FPS. Even the best computers have issues with it not allowing high FPS.

I think Treyu is over stating the problem but there is still a problem. It happens with small dev team/funded games.

Quote Originally Posted by treyu View Post
    Yes, I was expecting these kind of replys. First of all, I have all updated, drivers, settings etc. As I said, other games with better graphics are played at very high fps on my rig. So after that, WHY should I just turn shadows off and then be happy with it? The game, with my rig, SHOULD let me play the game at full or almost full settings with more than decent FPS, but it doesn't. More if you read that I can play games with MUCH better graphics than Xsyon at full settings and get more than 30 fps. I can adapt to the bad performance of the game, of course, and turn all to low till I get 60 fps, but that way I am ignoring the game has performance issues and that is what I am trying to show. No, I won't play the game at low because I want to play with shadows, with hdr, with good textures, and with all the money I did spend on my rig I should be able to do it, if the game doesn't let me do it it is the game and dev's problem, not mine. There are many many many people like me who want to play the game at good settings and they have spent money on their rigs to do so, and when they see the bad performance that is one of the main reasons they quit. Want examples? Vanguard, Age of Conan the first months, Earthrise,etc. Oh, and we are not talking about what will happen if (I think that will not happen in the game actual conditions but well) more people come to the game, how do you think performance will be if now it is like this?

Ok time to pull out my asshole hat.

First off all those games you listed only render at best a few hundred meters around your toon at any given time. Anything beyond that is not rendered by your system. Xsyon on the other hand at max settings renders SEVERAL SQUARE KILOMETERS, for those of you with poor education thats a few miles in any direction. Now you i5 processor is good, but it is not the end all be all to gaming, neither is your GPU. You are running W7 with only 4GB of RAM, HAHAHAHA are you SERRIOUS?! Hell my poor 5 year old rig has 8GB of DDR3 RAM and its a W7/64 system. Oh and dont lie about Mortal Online, because NOBODY got good frame rates in the pile of steaming shat. Hell HAL-9000 would have had a problem with that game.

Now that I have broken you down, time to build you back up.

Turn the game graphics down a notch, Xsyon is coded differently than Skyrim or any of the other offline Sandboxes, or your online server instanced games, like CoD, Tribes Ascend, or the like.

So try listening to people and then play the game a bit, then bitch about it. Dont bitch about it and think your cool.

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    Best thread in a long time, thanks guys.
    Your welcome

Why even come here asking for help if your not even going to try what people are suggesting. I run everything at high and the only thing I have to turn off is Advanced Shadows and I get 60+ FPS, sometimes it drops if there is a large cluster of trees in the distance.