Thread: Animal changes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Animal changes.

Its great you have made animals much more strong and prolific.

Well done on that part.

But having groups of dissimilar animals ( chickens, wolves, raccoons ) spawn IN a camp seems a bit silly.

You also changed them the way they work and they all can now easily move through doors .. thus making doors pretty useless, and trapped in any dug out area and never despawn, thus making it where anyone that has made a sunken house a natural trap to the random spawns in camps.

May I ask WHY?

If this is how zombies will work then you are making a big mistake. You give us doors and yet now make them serve no purpose. This needs to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    You also changed them the way they work and they all can now easily move through doors .. thus making doors pretty useless
    This is probably a stupid question, (and no insult intended) but you are talking about closed doors? LOL. I only ask that because we were getting attack constantly when I first came back, and since I got all the walls up, no more attacks. I have 8 exterior gates/doors. Total of 21 including all of the inside doors. So I wonder if you have actually seen them come in through a door, or perhaps there is another niche somewhere they are getting in?

This sounds like you are asking Jordi a question. I know you've been gone for a while, so perhaps you have forgotten about the Q&A threads in the Developer section of the forum, specifically the answers to last weeks questions.

For a while critters would not path through an open gate now, but they will now. I've opened and closed gates to spit up some of these mixed packs.

Currently, critters will path right through low platforms. I've seen what looks like critters moving through closed gates next to low platforms, but when I placed a wall on both sides of the gate, this stopped.

If critters not despawning in pits hasn't been reported, please send in a bug report.

Ravelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Its great you have made animals much more strong and prolific.

Well done on that part.

But having groups of dissimilar animals ( chickens, wolves, raccoons ) spawn IN a camp seems a bit silly.

You also changed them the way they work and they all can now easily move through doors .. thus making doors pretty useless, and trapped in any dug out area and never despawn, thus making it where anyone that has made a sunken house a natural trap to the random spawns in camps.

May I ask WHY?

If this is how zombies will work then you are making a big mistake. You give us doors and yet now make them serve no purpose. This needs to change.

Yeah, you might want to send this in as a bug report. Ive seen one of these reported before.

Animal AI is still being worked on.

Doors I know seem to work, its like Rav said, the platforms that dont seem to count as a wall to animals (high or low platforms)