Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Moon Mystery

While the sun rises in the east and sets in the west the moon sets in the north. On this evening it seems to be undergoing a partial eclipse as well. Screenshot taken from atop Mount Tallac.

And later as it sets behind the mountains across Lake Tahoe:

Leader of Ancient Embers at ancientembers.net

Re: The Moon Mystery

Very nice eclipse!

Edit: removed useless comment.

i don't think its an eclipse I think its just the way the moon is done to show the phases.

As for rising in the north...this is...erm...an...erm..alternate demention...yeah that's it... :huh:

If that's meant to represent a moon phase I hope it's just a stopgap graphic because it makes no sense. Not that it's a critical feature to worry about at this stage.

Re:The Moon Mystery

I guess the moon rises ... in the west!?

Here is a screen shot of it rising over Cascade Falls on the western side of the lake:

A later image:

The moon then travels not too far above the horizon until it sets in the north. So this does indeed seem to be a bug.

Leader of Ancient Embers at ancientembers.net

imo we need an astronomer in game to track the phases of the moon and other celestial bodies over the course of 1 game year.

I myself with a minors in astronomy would love to do such a thing...please send an account ready to play to my email.

p.s. in case this actually works, saweeeet!
    [img size=300]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/456/1269484747953.gif[/img]

Well if they were going to to do a full moon cycle, it takes 19 years for the moon to be in the same spot and phase as it is today. Which was discovered a very long time ago.

But yeah, having a crescent in the moon between full and half is not right.

Oooh, trivia bonus. A week is 7 days long because that is about one quarter of a full phase cycle of the moon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perception is reality

Kitsume wrote:
    But yeah, having a crescent in the moon between full and half is not right.
    Thank you.
    "If there was a little more light and truth in the world through one human being, his life has had meaning." - Alfred Delp

You fools! These are the shadows of your doom!

I blame the volcano :laugh: