Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    @YamiOkami
    Look around all MMO games, once they start to push out PVE players? game dies or drops in population. Good example with Darkfall and such.
    I am not going to argue with you I have more important things to do.
    If a devs could tell me now if that is the case? then I could leave now and never come back, so You PVPers could have your safe haven.

No actually you got that all ass-backwards.

If you were making a game with open world pvp and then start catering to PVE players who throw narcissistic tantrums over minor game changes, thats when you start to loose everyone else. Im not going to argue with you either, not because I dont have anything better to do but because you are clearly too dumb to understand. I thought you would be out looking for a different game to play?

Xsyon Citizen
    @banden.
    I placed my opinion, now it's up to devs, and then my final decision.

@Znaiika,

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has them and they all stink.

I am a solo player currently, its difficult, it is always difficult, but I also live far enough away from the bulk of anyone who would bother me, but close enough to people who I can run to who will help if asked. The thing is, this is an online game like this involves something you seem to be lacking, SOCIAL SKILLS.

If you are anti-social, or a social periah, then perhaps you should think about a nice peaceful game like, Tale of the Desert. But if you can learn to knuckle up, and talk to people and make friends, even though you dont come out of your cave but once every 6 months or so, it may make this a more enjoyable thing for you.

Or you can band to gether with a bunch of other indipendants, and form a Coalition. You are aware that is how nations are made right?

Lastly you can become a extremely paronoid player, and stop playing like this is Rainbow Brite Online and start thinking of yourself, your defense, and your protection ALWAYS! Thats what I do.

Xsyon Citizen
    @Hodo.

In real life I work hard 5 to 6 days a week, when coming home? I am so tired and exhausted, all I want is to come home and have a pleasureful time, so I found this game and it's interesting, please don't take that away from me.
    I spent a lot of time PVPing in counter strike source, and am a decent player, but Xsyon is what I am looking forward to.
    I really like this game and want to stick around, so please make timer on containers outside of tribe area, is that to much to ask?.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    @YamiOkami
    If a devs could tell me now if that is the case? then I could leave now and never come back, so You PVPers could have your safe haven.
    If you want to know a dev's answer I'd suggest you to email them, they don't read every thread on the forum, so that's a better method. You can as well make a suggestion in your email about the timer you would like to be placed.

The weekly Q/A is a proper place to ask such questions as well, but I guess you would get more detailed answer through email.

Xsyon Citizen
    Thank you Jadzia for a good suggestion.

This is an open world sandbox game znaiika.. and permissions on public bins is unfair and unrealistic. This update doesn't mean that all your stuff is always going to get stolen as soon as you leave, it just opens up the possibility. There are always ways of protecting your stuff, heck could even hire someone you trust to watch it for you until you come back. Point is this is a feature that was always intended to be put in game, and a lot of people are looking forward to it. I don't understand how it could be gamebreaking for anyone, when starting an open pvp post apocalyptic sandbox game like xsyon, you kinda expect it to be dangerous and not "carebear heaven" like someone previously stated. :P

Xsyon Citizen
    @Fangbeorn.
    Then why there are safe places inside tribes? remove those too, and remove restrictions to bins inside tribes, and make full open world PVP and no place to hide, let bandits to be able to do their part as well, but you will loose a good chunk of players with that also.

Darn I wish that Xsyon could have PVE server as well. At least they would be able to determent which direction to go based on player base.

If there are items that are so valuable that loosing them is a game changer, there is safe storage in your tribal area that no one will ever be able to get to if you have it locked and set to private.