Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    This is a very small community, which means that unlike many MMO's, it only takes a very small handful of exceptionally rude and aggressive people to make the whole experience a very negative and distasteful one.

The OP made reference to a PVE server. I understand that is not in the cards, and understand the financial considerations behind that. I also understand a small handful of exceptionally rude and aggressive people will make the xsyon experience a very negative and distasteful one for those not into such wanton aggression.

I honestly doubt the 1000s of people MrPesticide talks about actually existed, but no matter. If they did, I have just as much doubt that they will come back if the more peaceful minded are no longer here to give them easy prey. I have seen this entire scene already play out in Jumpgate Classic launched back in 2001.

Player 1 : "Rah rah! space must be dangerous you dimwit!"
    Player 2 : "dude, really? Thought that's what grey space was for? Man, that's rough. Just kinda wanted to chill out tonight, long arsed week at work."
    Player 1 : "Rah rah! Pew Pew! Idiot!"
    Player 2 : "right, roger that. Night." *clicks the X and moves on*
    Player 1 : "Rah r...? this game sucks! I can't find anyone to kill."

I would be happy for Jordi (and all Devs with a vested interest) to be proven wrong on this. Guess I'm just another idiot with an opinion as one of you so eloquently put it.

Cheers.

ps. Hi Jadzia! I agree that contacting either the devs, or perhaps the game moderators who may have more time to respond, is a good approach to voice concerns. My experience has always been good when contacting them. The questions and answers was also good advice.
    Don't mind the pest, he gets a little jealous when Devs share their attention with anyone but him.
    Have fun!

I could see your point if people were playing it when there isnt PVP going on. However, most of the PVPers quit this game very fast, and most of the ones I know from the start of the game when there were 1000s of people active in game quit.

You really saying that there is a few people in game messing up the game for most of the people making them quit? I doubt most of the people quitting even have contact with anyone let alone these "rude" players you talk about.

Not sure why people think that emailing devs which conflict the normal way they want people to talk to them is a good idea to you. But hey maybe Im just a stickler for rules.

Unlike you Ive been playing this game from day 1. Ive yet to see the mass exit from rude players, infact the rude players I do see are the ones that tend to leave. Yes its because there isnt anyone to kill but not because there isnt easy prey, its because there is no prey at all. PVP or PVE.

Hey Book, being rude to people who I think is being unreasonable on forums is my way of acting out and coping with existence, Im a petty little man that way, I know.

But did you miss where he was threatening to quit the game if this tiny new change goes live which has been planned since forever? He was whining because the devs where doing something he didnt like, not because it was completly unreasonable and bad design, because it was a slight inconvinience to him. This is what the devs want to impliment, this is kind of game they want, dont stand in the way of that. I suppose this kind of behavior makes me go apeshit because I played Wow for 5 years and the forums there were chuck full of drivel like this.

Also your arguement that PVE players would leave is invalid because PVPers allready left, en masse. PVP in this game is dead, I myself am a PVEer, never killed or attacked anyone in game, I played mostly PVE in Eve online aswell. Im am arguing against meaningless and limited PVP because I like risk, I like challenge and I like being rewarded for my troubles. If PVP is meaningfull then you might find that PVE is also meaningfull. Thats what PVP and PVE is supposed to be.

I think it sucks But hey, this place is getting ugly. All these damn baskets and stuff all over the place... This is supposed to simulate an event. If you left a basket in your lawn... anyone could get it... if you didn't lock your door... someone could go in side.

Again, I think it sucks cause it makes things more difficult... then again that's why I decided to play this game. Damn myself

-- Brogan - Scavenger of public Bins.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    If asking for timer to be set on containers outside of tribe zones is not reasonable? then define "reasonable".
    Its perfectly reasonable to suggest things to the devs. It is not reasonable to ask Devs to throw out a design that was planned to be implimented for months and that was allready finished and patched, out of the bloody window, under the threat that you will quit the game if it goes live and demand an answer to your question in a thread that they are obviously not reading. That is not reasonable, no.

Hey Book ! It's very nice to see you around

The sad thing is that we have this conversation again and again....we had it so many times during the last 2 years. I'm absolutely convinced now that the 2 type of players (PvP and PvE) can't play in the same environment with the current rules of Xsyon. I don't expect others to agree with me, but the last 2 years did convince me.

That is nice that the devs planned the baskets to be public and lootable outside of tribe zones. But they planned an alignment system as well, and to implement one side without the other one opens the gates for a type of gamestyle which is not welcomed by the more peaceful players.

No doubt the PvPers have left the game, because of safe zones and the lack of reason to kill people. And they weren't even able to really loot the killed players, so there was even less satisfaction for them. Now if the devs change the looting system and the basket system without implementing the punishments for evil acts, we may see these players coming back. Which can be a good thing from one point of view, but a bad one from another. I fully understand if a PvE player is hesitating to invest more money and time into a game that might take a turn into a direction he wouldn't like. Saying he would quit then is not a threat, it's the only reasonable thing he can do (why would he play a game he hates?) and a feedback for the devs.

I'm sad to say but this is a bad game design. I so wish that Xsyon have started with a PvE and a PvP servers or 2 different zones, it would have kept a much bigger part of the playerbase, both PvE and PvP players. With this mixed system it lost most of the players from both side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Hey Book ! It's very nice to see you around

The sad thing is that we have this conversation again and again....we had it so many times during the last 2 years. I'm absolutely convinced now that the 2 type of players (PvP and PvE) can't play in the same environment with the current rules of Xsyon. I don't expect others to agree with me, but the last 2 years did convince me.

That is nice that the devs planned the baskets to be public and lootable outside of tribe zones. But they planned an alignment system as well, and to implement one side without the other one opens the gates for a type of gamestyle which is not welcomed by the more peaceful players.

No doubt the PvPers have left the game, because of safe zones and the lack of reason to kill people. And they weren't even able to really loot the killed players, so there was even less satisfaction for them. Now if the devs change the looting system and the basket system without implementing the punishments for evil acts, we may see these players coming back. Which can be a good thing from one point of view, but a bad one from another. I fully understand if a PvE player is hesitating to invest more money and time into a game that might take a turn into a direction he wouldn't like. Saying he would quit then is not a threat, it's the only reasonable thing he can do (why would he play a game he hates?) and a feedback for the devs.

I'm sad to say but this is a bad game design. I so wish that Xsyon have started with a PvE and a PvP servers or 2 different zones, it would have kept a much bigger part of the playerbase, both PvE and PvP players. With this mixed system it lost most of the players from both side.

I dont see how public containers outside of tribe areas is a "PVE vs PVP" issue. It was always planned that way, it was not even going to effect good vs evil as far as I remember. I could be wrong.

I do agree that without a good/neutral/evil system that Aggressive PVPers will cause issues. I believe this system should be put in place, I also believe there are lots of other issues at work here too.

However, right now I dont see people quitting (very small %) dude to being killed and looted by aggressive PVPers. I do see people quitting due to the lack of PVP and any system to support that combat type.

Would you agree with last statement? That more people are quitting that are the PVP types because of the lack of combat systems or do you think more people are quitting that are not aggressive because of being killed and looted by aggressive PVPers?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I dont see how public containers outside of tribe areas is a "PVE vs PVP" issue. It was always planned that way, it was not even going to effect good vs evil as far as I remember. I could be wrong.

I do agree that without a good/neutral/evil system that Aggressive PVPers will cause issues. I believe this system should be put in place, I also believe there are lots of other issues at work here too.

However, right now I dont see people quitting (very small %) dude to being killed and looted by aggressive PVPers. I do see people quitting due to the lack of PVP and any system to support that combat type.

Would you agree with last statement? That more people are quitting that are the PVP types because of the lack of combat systems or do you think more people are quitting that are not aggressive because of being killed and looted by aggressive PVPers?
    Right now I believe hardly anyone is quitting because of the lack of PvP. The ones who found it lacking have left a long time ago, the ones who are still here decided to enjoy other parts of the game. I don't believe either that players are quitting due to aggressive PvPers...since there is hardly any of them (if any) in game. The current state of the game is kind of stable, the danger lies in the future. The relative peacefulness we have now attracts PvE players, since they can enjoy the game in peace. Now change the rules, add features that attracts the aggressive PvPers back, and we are facing a huge problem.

I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, and that they shouldn't try to win the PvP players back. But I do think that if they do come back, there will be a huge problem in the game. And that's not fair toward anyone, be it a PvP or PvE player. The only solution would be if they could win back the PvPers without harming the gameplay for the peaceful players...but I don't see how could that happen without 2 different servers. If the devs have any other solution I'm looking forward to it.

Right now I believe hardly anyone is quitting because of the lack of PvP. The ones who found it lacking have left a long time ago, the ones who are still here decided to enjoy other parts of the game. I don't believe either that players are quitting due to aggressive PvPers...since there is hardly any of them (if any) in game. The current state of the game is kind of stable, the danger lies in the future. The relative peacefulness we have now attracts PvE players, since they can enjoy the game in peace. Now change the rules, add features that attracts the aggressive PvPers back, and we are facing a huge problem.

I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, and that they shouldn't try to win the PvP players back. But I do think that if they do come back, there will be a huge problem in the game. And that's not fair toward anyone, be it a PvP or PvE player. The only solution would be if they could win back the PvPers without harming the gameplay for the peaceful players...but I don't see how could that happen without 2 different servers. If the devs have any other solution I'm looking forward to it.

I dont see how you jump to the 2 server rules when you havnt even seen an good/neutral/evil system in place or how it will work.

I believe rewarding risk, while punishing evil actions will make everyone happy. PVPers will be happy with the risk, good players will be happy that they are not picked on because of the punishments.

Couple this with safe areas for players to learn the game and do the basics, I believe everyone is happy.

Risk doesnt always = PVP btw. It can be harder monsters, resources that cost more, etc.

Saying that only 2 servers will fix it, doesnt make sense to me because you didnt put reasons why.

I do believe there is one problem with a lot of what Non PVPers "want" they want it all, you give them it all then they quit because of it being boring. Make it to easy they quit.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by banden View Post
    Its perfectly reasonable to suggest things to the devs. It is not reasonable to ask Devs to throw out a design that was planned to be implimented for months and that was allready finished and patched, out of the bloody window, under the threat that you will quit the game if it goes live and demand an answer to your question in a thread that they are obviously not reading. That is not reasonable, no.
    I am not asking to throw away the patch, I am asking to add timer to containers outside of tribe zones, so, when interacted with a container? timer resets to 0 and start clicking again, if a person dose not interact with the container withing one week? then container opens to public and could be destroyed by anyone.
    I think this should be reasonable enough to ask devs to do before patching.

Two different zones is a good option to have one for PVP and for PVE , one around the lake the other one is on the other side of the mountains, where the green fog is. PVP and PVE have their own lands could bring both type of player in to the game.