The Land of Xsyon

The land available to settlement is huge. I spent about 2 hours just exploring staring out in Round Hill and ending on top of Mount Tallac which only is about 1/7 the distance around the lake.

The remains of old road abound and they give a minor speed increase. But if wheeled transport of goods can only go on roads they will add a strategic element to the game since tribal roads can only be built upon claimed territory.

Over half the land is covered with destruction debris from the first phase of the apocalypse. I am sure this is good scavenging territory but later in the game will we have the skills to improve this land for cultivation? Screenie below:

A nice shot of a sunrise with light going through the pine needles:

Leader of Ancient Embers at ancientembers.net

Re:The Land of Xsyon

I love that sun! Not just a big glowing snob ball of light that blinds you when ya look at it. Oakstead, ya take the best Screenies I've seen so far bro.
    We have cool new forums... Y~A~Y

Oakstead wrote:
    The land available to settlement is huge. I spent about 2 hours just exploring staring out in Round Hill and ending on top of Mount Tallac which only is about 1/7 the distance around the lake.

The remains of old road abound and they give a minor speed increase. But if wheeled transport of goods can only go on roads they will add a strategic element to the game since tribal roads can only be built upon claimed territory.

Over half the land is covered with destruction debris from the first phase of the apocalypse. I am sure this is good scavenging territory but later in the game will we have the skills to improve this land for cultivation?
    I like this type of recording and reporting, Oakstead. In time, It is one of my hopes that this type of gathering, recording and mapping of information is one of the things that our tribe, as a tribe of traveling Nomads, develops an expertise in, and is widely known for.

In other words, it would be nice to be the experts in knowing where to go to find specific resources, hunting grounds, potential areas for rare scavenging, mapping of the land and knowledge of travel, etc.

I really like your thought process. Thank you

P.S. - Were you aware that the "Land of Xsyon" is our (The Nomad's) backyard ... and that we just let others play in it?

* THE LAND OF XSYON IS OUR BACKYARD ... WE JUST LET OTHERS PLAY IN IT *

Thank-you everyone.

@ Ashanti: Yes I gathered that the land was yours . You are going to love this land. I have never been in a game where the terrain was so complex and interesting with so many nooks and hollows. Taking real earth data and putting it into a game really adds a lot.

Leader of Ancient Embers at ancientembers.net

[img size=300]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1cqzdbSGu1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg[/img]

Unimpressed fox is unimpressed.

Honestly just wanted to use that pic for a long time....the scenery is actually quite breathtaking.

In all seriousness, this is pretty damn awesome. I can't wait to explore the majestic lands of Xsyon.
    [img size=300]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/456/1269484747953.gif[/img]

I agree with kiwibird!
    very inspired