I dont mean to hijack the thread but if what you say is happening MrDDT, then great. And it may work right now with a few dozen (maybe) actively trading tribes with a few hundred(maybe) active members, but dont we want a few HUNDRED active tribes with a few THOUSAND players? Remember that this needs to work a year down the road, not just right now and if you have that many players all using different currencies, new players will be so confused they'll quit. Everyone is looking at it from an experienced players point of view, which is to be expected, but from a NEW players point of view thats confusing as hell lol. Im all for immersion and a player driven economy (played eve for 7 years lol) but that economy NEEDS a standard form of currency.

I like your idea of breaking things down excpet for the transportation issue (like loading up a truck to go buy a gallon of milk lol) and again you'll have dozens of different things used as currency with a different value set on them by different groups.

For example right now in game I need a recipe for shears. Whats the going rate for that? Nails? Rivets? Leather? What if I dont have enough of one? Will you take nails AND rivets? Oh wait....I dont have enough pack space to bring you nails AND rivets and since Im new I dont have a cart....crap, now what do I do......melt it all down...crap thats more WEIGHT than I can carry and still no cart.......And right now the community is awesome and Im sure I could work something out with someone, but that tight knit group wont last forever cause the devs want and need thousands of players here, not just us.

Again sorry to hijack the thread and I apologize if in my newness Im not "getting" it. Im just going from what I see as a new player......and Im at work and cant do anything but prowl the forums lol

Chris