Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    How are things going?

    Lurker/release player here, quit last year after things became stale, wanted to know what the current population thinks this game's future looks like regarding the following

    Reason for activity? Primary reason I and my clan Society of the Anvil left.

    You can craft armor and weapons -- why? To be better equipped for killing mobs and players -- why would i kill mobs? To harvest their resources -- why? to craft more armor and weapons -- why would i kill players? To take their stuff -- i have access to all the same resources their junk piles have, there is no deficiency in any resource, and pvp in and of itself is not fun, so there is no recreational nor functional purpose behind pvp

    How are problems / questions like these being addressed? Is there any indication from the developer that purpose will be given attention any time soon?

    Regarding resources -- when i / we left, everyone had access to everything, contributing to some of the circular logic problems i stated above. Is there any indication resources will be harder to get, or certain resources becoming localized? Anything about better / more necessary resources being in safezone-less areas only?

    Is there any indication there will be penalties for safezones / removal of safezones / bonuses for tribes who do not have safezones in the coming future?
    Vucar

    Society of the Anvil

  2. #2
    All good questions you should put them in the Q&A thread to Xsyon himself.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  3. #3
    You know there was a time when i played before that i can remember things were harder to find and people were complaining about how hard it was to find somethings. Now you guys are mad because it's easy to find them. I can see the frustration the developers must have with the changing mind set everyone gets about the rarity of items.

    Even if you make some items zone pacific what is stopping players from just gong to that zone and getting there own items? I can see your point where you want some reason to play past the initial i want a bone armor set kind of thing but finding that is going to be tough...IDK

    Maybe a boss type animal that spawns every so often to challenge players to take him down? What are some of the things you guys are looking for pacifically and how do you see it effecting how the game is played??

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    You know there was a time when i played before that i can remember things were harder to find and people were complaining about how hard it was to find somethings. Now you guys are mad because it's easy to find them. I can see the frustration the developers must have with the changing mind set everyone gets about the rarity of items.
    "you guys are mad because its easy to find them"? I haven't been in xsyon in almost a year. Do you address most people you meet for the first time like this often?

    And no, even back then at release, while there was a huge rush to claim land and steal resources, it was just a way of having fun as everyone realized very quickly every junk pile had access to leather, plastic, metal and "electronics", and that these junk piles were large, spread throughout all of the map. No need to trade for anything except maybe bones. Bones were somewhat hard to find, initially, due to unfinished mob-spawning mechanics and various other bugs, but the heart of the problem wasn't fixed even after animals were respawning. By the time i quit, i had a personal stockpile of a ridiculous number of bones of every type from every animal and was on my way to collecting human bones for human bone armor when i ran into the questions posted above.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    Even if you make some items zone pacific what is stopping players from just gong to that zone and getting there own items? I can see your point where you want some reason to play past the initial i want a bone armor set kind of thing but finding that is going to be tough...IDK
    What do you mean by pacific?

    As for whats stopping them -- the time it would take to leave their home, gather all these things, and return severely slowed either incredibly overburdened, or with so little amount that it did not justify the time to go all the way over there.

    In what i would consider an ideal setting you would have Player A on the north side of the lake, who had access to more metal, and more types of metal, but a severe lack of animals or leather in the junk piles; Player B, on the east side of the lake, had a lot of hunting and trapping, and plenty of leather and bone, but no metal could be found in the junk pile. Out of functional interdependency, they would trade with each other at little trading hubs bordering the two regions. Trading builds community and an economy. Even this isn't enough to fully sustain purpose on its own though, its only one piece of the greater puzzle.

    It REALLY hurts the game that you dont lose ANYTHING(or didn't lose? has this changed?) upon death.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    Maybe a boss type animal that spawns every so often to challenge players to take him down? What are some of the things you guys are looking for pacifically and how do you see it effecting how the game is played??
    This is a good idea, especially if it threatened to do asset damage to nearby camps if left unchecked, and that asset damage would have to be repaired with metal/plastic/etc, which then creates demand for these supplies.

    Or, if the boss held very rare pieces of metal or very particular, very high quality materials for making some of the best weapons in the game.
    Vucar

    Society of the Anvil

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    "you guys are mad because its easy to find them"? I haven't been in xsyon in almost a year. Do you address most people you meet for the first time like this often?
    No, your right it was not meant to be addressed at you or anyone but what i mean is that in the past there were people that were complaining that items were to scarce and wanted the drop rate increased and now that they are i see people complaining about there being to many items dropping.

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    What do you mean by pacific?
    This might not be the right word but i mean only able to be found in one zone.

    With carts now it would not be very hard at all to travel across the server to get items. Sure there are some that would not want to take the time to do so i was just saying what's to stop them from doing so.

    I just wanted to get more of what you think would make the game better. You are saying there is no reason to do things well then what would give you reasons to do them?

  6. #6
    I think that by pacific, Kegan means specific. In context it kind of jumped out at me...

    I'm guessing here but I'm thinking that scarcity, to Colonel, in and of itself, provides reason. Also, with scarcity and locality comes more reason to do battle and "claim" areas.

    Haven't played in a while but last I did, we would go out as a group to certain junkpiles we knew would give more nails than others, as an example.
    Also, it seemed like architecture recipes of particular genres would drop in certain regions.
    Jordi confirmed in one of his updates that safe zones would be optional with special cookies for those who opt out. However, he did not say milk would be provided.

    I also think the added specificity of stats imbued to materials help add value and meaning to items making trade more worthwhile.

    I believe combat has been improved since you last played, but I would not put my money on substantial enough improvement yet to retain a heavily/purely pvp oriented player. If not interested in the other facets of the game, and I'm not saying you are not, just saying that in that case, this game will probably not yet bring satisfaction. For better or worse, there is simply too much else to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •