Thread: Xsyon Time

Xsyon Time

Hello, just a quick question in the Events section I see the time shown for the next treasure hunt as PST so is Xyson a US game or does it use UTC? Also is there an in game day/month/year/time etc?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wildzone View Post
    Hello, just a quick question in the Events section I see the time shown for the next treasure hunt as PST so is Xyson a US game or does it use UTC? Also is there an in game day/month/year/time etc?

Thanks!
    Xsyon is a USA game, the servers are in CST, however, most of the Guides post in PST because that's where the lead dev does his work =P

There is in game time, its, Sept 14th, 2016 right now.

How often does the lead dev attend the events?

Most of the guides should do the professional thing and post in accordance with customer needs.
    An example from a professionally run forum:

Time:

9:00 PM EST
    8:00 PM CST
    7:00 PM MST
    6:00 PM PST
    2:00 AM GMT
    Time and Date Converter

Evidently merely an example and should be adjusted to appropriate demographics.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    How often does the lead dev attend the events?

Most of the guides should do the professional thing and post in accordance with customer needs.
    An example from a professionally run forum:

Time:

9:00 PM EST
    8:00 PM CST
    7:00 PM MST
    6:00 PM PST
    2:00 AM GMT
    Time and Date Converter

Evidently merely an example and should be adjusted to appropriate demographics.

This has been an issue in every game that has been throughout the world.
    Lots of people have problems with this, sometimes problems when its in their own timezone haha.

I think what they post it in is pretty good, I would just add the UTC time to the PST time and it should ease up the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    This has been an issue in every game that has been throughout the world.
    Lots of people have problems with this, sometimes problems when its in their own timezone haha.

I think what they post it in is pretty good, I would just add the UTC time to the PST time and it should ease up the confusion.
    I think they should post something similar to what I suggested above but catered more precisely to their customer base, which any company worth half its salt could figure out in one line of sql code, and with a link similar to the one I suggested.
    Amateur night in the garage is all cute for a time but it gets old. Do it right, do it professionally, do it consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    I think they should post something similar to what I suggested above but catered more precisely to their customer base, which any company worth half its salt could figure out in one line of sql code, and with a link similar to the one I suggested.
    Amateur night in the garage is all cute for a time but it gets old. Do it right, do it professionally, do it consistently.
    Darn those Blizzard "Amateurs".

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4139865183
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079845337

Only using PST to say when events like server downtimes are in. I wonder what kinda salt you could get for 1/2 of their worth? Or something like that

Nawh I dont think you need to list 5+ time zones. I believe most people are able to figure out about what time it is, or ask someone about it if they cant.

nope, do it right, do it professionally, do it consistently.

It's about service. It's about going the extra step. It can't hurt. Once a template is organized, it takes no extra time to do it once at the source.

It saves time in the long run keeping repetitive questions to a minimum while showing those perusing the forums for the first time that this is a top notch organization that promotes thoroughness.

There is precedence for consideration of the international nature of their customer base. I see no reason to stand against something that would be good for the game, takes very little time to implement, would reflect well to current, former, and potential customers, hurts not a single player's experience in any way.

As far as the amateur in the garage, I was taking a more holistic view than simply this issue in particular. It is doubtful I would be the only one to see it.

Alright, it's Monday morning... I've chilled out

Sorry for the amateur in the garage comment, I get a little arrogant when frustrated, it's genetic, y-chromosome I think.
    Hope it can be forgiven... thanks.