Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
Because you would still have 2 to 5mins of loading times vs someone coming to rez you and heal you up. Which could take seconds.
Also if you had death punishments (like the one I listed above) you would have to suffer those also.
ah, ok, I think I get it. So it's an option for the losing player. Say Keith bonks me on the head (please don't ), I have the option of making his strike a "deathblow" and get outta there in 30s... or I can not click that option and wait the full 2mins before it goes to reload screen in the hopes someone (perhaps Keith) takes pity and revives me.

Is that right?
Maybe include the option to refuse revival so I'm not stuck there getting bonked/revived repeatedly?

So this would cut down on load time if a revive is available, and travel time if revive is available.

If revive is not programatically feasible for some reason(or would take a very long time to implement), does anyone like the portable spawn cart idea as a shorter term stopgap? Wouldn't save on reload time, but would save on travel time until the pvp opponents discover its location(s).
I think players didn't always respawn at their totem so there must already be something in the code to bind respawn location?

not really looking at death punishments just yet so we can hopefully stay on target with what Keith was talking about...