Thread: The full loot.

Xsyon Citizen

The full loot.

What are a full loot really for?
    It's nothing more then a way to grief.
    When an experienced player kills a noob? he doesn't need noobs gear, the only thing he can do, is to destroy noobs gear and send him back to grind.
    There are no special items that he could get from looting a player.
    My suggestion is:
    Instead of looting players items? have some unique items/bones etc... on players death.
    That would not only encourage all kinds of players to engage in PVP, but will also stop grief as well.

Full loot has a lot more than just "griefing"

Why do you think you cant get special items from players? Ive got special items from players? and they have got them from me.

If you get "unique items/bones" on players death, it can be exploited easy, and greatly.

How would it stop greifing? Using your system? It would even make it more, as then players would kill noobs because they could get special items. While right now there is no real reason to kill noobs as they dont get any good out of it, so they normally just dont kill the newb.

TLR
    No.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Full loot has a lot more than just "griefing"

Why do you think you cant get special items from players? Ive got special items from players? and they have got them from me.

If you get "unique items/bones" on players death, it can be exploited easy, and greatly.

How would it stop greifing? Using your system? It would even make it more, as then players would kill noobs because they could get special items. While right now there is no real reason to kill noobs as they dont get any good out of it, so they normally just dont kill the newb.

TLR
    No.
    You have a point, people will use it to exploit, but how do you interest people to PVP?
    There is no interest in PVP because of a full loot.
    Currently people can grief using this system.
    If you remove full loot? people will PVP a lot more and have a great time playing.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    You have a point, people will use it to exploit, but how do you interest people to PVP?
    There is no interest in PVP because of a full loot.
    Currently people can grief using this system.
    If you remove full loot? people will PVP a lot more and have a great time playing.

Really, from my point of view the reason people normally PVP are a few reasons.
    1)Defense
    2)Fame
    3)Loot/gear
    4)To grief
    5)Claim areas/items

Right now, there is only 2 reasons to PVP.
    1)Fame
    4)Grief

Mostly because there is nothing to defend. Your gear that players have isnt good, not needed, or doesnt make enough of a difference to do anything. There is no way to claim areas using PVP.

Most PVP games have all these things Ive said or most of them.
    They also try to limit griefing to as much as possible.

In Xsyon griefing through PVP isnt really a major issue, its very hard to find someone, its hard to kill them, and there are lots of safeties in place for them to not be attacked. You cant be spawn killed, so really its very limited.

Just FYI someone looting another player doesnt = griefing. Someone killing another player doesnt = griefing.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Really, from my point of view the reason people normally PVP are a few reasons.
    1)Defense
    2)Fame
    3)Loot/gear
    4)To grief
    5)Claim areas/items

Right now, there is only 2 reasons to PVP.
    1)Fame
    4)Grief

Mostly because there is nothing to defend. Your gear that players have isnt good, not needed, or doesnt make enough of a difference to do anything. There is no way to claim areas using PVP.

Most PVP games have all these things Ive said or most of them.
    They also try to limit griefing to as much as possible.

In Xsyon griefing through PVP isnt really a major issue, its very hard to find someone, its hard to kill them, and there are lots of safeties in place for them to not be attacked. You cant be spawn killed, so really its very limited.

Just FYI someone looting another player doesnt = griefing. Someone killing another player doesnt = griefing.
    I didn't participate in yesterdays event, because of a full loot, I am not saying that people would loot, but they could, and destroy your gear in process and instead of having fun you go back to grinding.
    Why is that PVP is disabled on the island but you could loot players?
    So? what would make PVP fun and without grief?

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    I didn't participate in yesterdays event, because of a full loot, I am not saying that people would loot, but they could, and destroy your gear in process and instead of having fun you go back to grinding.
    Why is that PVP is disabled on the island but you could loot players?
    So? what would make PVP fun and without grief?

Yeah, well I know some people from my tribe didnt do it because of the safety issues with that players could loot them when they died but no one could stop them from looting a friendly because they cant be attacked. Most people would consider this griefing as there is no risk to the looter.

PVP is disabled on the island because its a newbie starting area. Used for these types of things.

What would make PVP fun? Contested resources that have bonuses worthwhile to fight for. Defending your city/tribal area. Gear and weapons that truly have effects in game so when you do kill someone you know that you are going to get gear that matters. If someone is naked attacking you, you know you have little to fear. This causes people to want to use better gear for both hunting and PVP. Making the crafting system also work a lot better, as does trade, and gathering systems.

There are a lot of reasons to make PVP more fun without griefing. Even now there is very very little griefing going on in game. Looting someone doesn't = griefing. Looting someone with no risk, could very well be considered griefing.

The biggest reason to PVP in most games is to claim resources. Currently there is no area to you can fight for that will claim anything through PVP. These resources also must be valued. Currently few resources hold any value in Xsyon because they are very very very easy to get with little to no risk at all.
    Naked I can gather the most valued resources. Clearly there is a problem there.

I'm still in shock that there are not areas in the game with no totem dropping and regional resources.

I'm stillin shock that there hasn't been one word about that progress of stat/skill and hitpoints revision. IMO DDT doesn't his HP reduced. A noob simply needs to have his HP doubled from ~30 to ~60. I have around 200 HP, DDT has around 300. Generally, the community will appreciate noobs getting buffed rather than vets getting nerfed (wiping out there hard work, comparable to a terrain or server wipe. Massive waste of time if you nerd vets instead of buffing noobs.