Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    you have to admit its really fun/interesting to see how "unchecked" areas get overgrown)
    LOL Easy for you to say, I'm in zone 696/736 I've invested about 15 hours clearing trees. A Barrel of monkeys However I am about done with planting and disbursing the trees to all the treeless areas, so I guess we will see how it does and how much work it will be now to maintain the forests surrounding our area.

Fine,.... I'll give you interesting

I was thinking about this more, and Ive changed my mind. I do however, think that trees spawning auto needs to be cut back, maybe instead of double the number it should be like 1/3.

What really changed my mind is that if they turned off auto spawning, then the unpopulated areas would overtime never have any trees grow and it wouldnt really make it a dense forest. Which is cool because you can see the areas where few people are by the # of trees growing. While I'm out and about, I tend to cut my way through trees making cool paths over time. I like this the more I thought about it however, I do agree with Willowhawk its too much.

Also the problem I'm having is that we are starting to lack seeds. We have to travel for a ways to find seeds, we also cut down a lot of trees not for the wood but for the option to replant trees just to level forestry. There should be another way to level forestry other than chopping down all the trees and clearing huge fields of "branches" tiles for seeds.

All good points everyone, thanks for the responses. I just want to mention a couple more things that have been effected by forestry then I'll let it go

Have you also noticed all the square patches of fake brush that gets left behind where a tree was before cutting? Now when I go out to the grass fields, they are being taken over by trees. When you cut the tree it leaves a nice perfect square of brown that looks like brush, but you get the message "Not enough branches here" So not only does it kill what little grass was left, it leaves a useless patch of brown.

This is why I feel like (at least until this stuff is fixed) it would be beneficial to kill the auto seed spawn before we have no grass left.

Also another side effect of the forestry is; prior to this change I could follow the pre-made deer paths that were originally all along the rivers in the mountains. These are not as fast to travel as the roads, but they are much faster than the branches or rocks. Now the trees are taking over these as well and killing them with brown fake brush. Prior to the forestry change I could go along and pull the branches and improve the deer trails, or continue them on to the next road/place etc. Now you get the message "Not enough branches" so no more making nice trails. And I personally like the look of the deer trails in the mountains much more than the brown roads, and they are more work to make so people are not as likely to "Grief" pave if they are trails rather than roads.

If players controlled the tree spawn, none of this would be issues. I would upkeep our area, and in other areas I travel to that don't have trees I plant them. However as I originally posted, I have to spend days now to fix all these places with little or no benefits to my skills.

Xsyon Citizen
    Just a thought, I want to plant trees near rocks and baskets and also on my tribe land, but there is restriction that prevent me from doing so, do you think it is good idea? or not?
    I would really love to decorate my place with certain trees.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Just a thought, I want to plant trees near rocks and baskets and also on my tribe land, but there is restriction that prevent me from doing so, do you think it is good idea? or not?
    I would really love to decorate my place with certain trees.

If they are on your tribe lands then move the rocks and baskets. If they are not on your tribe lands tough luck.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    If they are on your tribe lands then move the rocks and baskets. If they are not on your tribe lands tough luck.
    This is what is not in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    This is what is not in my mind.

Well you can move your totem pick up the baskets, and take out the rocks.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Well you can move your totem pick up the baskets, and take out the rocks.
    Picking-up baskets not an issue, I don't care about someone else's baskets, even if I could not open them by dropping totem on them, the issue is, I can't plant trees near them or on my tribe land because of restrictions.