Will there be Open Beta or Free Trial?

I like to try games out myself for a few days before I commit to buy them. Sometimes it convinces me I'll want to play the game, sometimes it does not.

Will there be a way to try the game out for yourself for free?

Also, how much does the preorder cost? It doesn't seem to tell you, just has an agreement without saying how much it costs.

Re:Will there be Open Beta or Free Trial?

the game cost 40 euro or dollars (seeing it a US company I guess it said dollars) (will tell you after you sign the agreement). There will be no open-beta. I think pre-lude acts as an open-beta...well in a sense most companies use the open beta anyway (most OBs you play with the finished product and is used as an advertising means. Getting people to try and to get people to preorder so they can be in the OB.)

prelude will be restricted as far as I know to only pre-orders. Do not know about trails. If they going the way with the prelude as normal companies go in there OBs there might be a change they open it up the last week for everyone, but that is just wild guessing over this is just a very wild guess :P

The Prelude begins April 15th. Pre-orders will be let in early on a first come first server basis though we'll likely wipe the database before April 15th.

We do plan to have free trials this summer when the Prelude is in full swing.

Which sounds great personally.
    I'm pre-ordering the game, so hopefully i can have a better insight look of what's to come.

Xsyon,
    can the pre-orderer's receive a "Special forum" enabling them to be the only one's to view it.
    So they can post suggestions etc..

darkrounge wrote:
    Which sounds great personally.
    I'm pre-ordering the game, so hopefully i can have a better insight look of what's to come.

Xsyon,
    can the pre-orderer's receive a "Special forum" enabling them to be the only one's to view it.
    So they can post suggestions etc..
    Xsyon would prefer all sections to be viewable by all. there is no reason for us to hide anything from anyone. However, a player only section where we can see only the player's ideas wouldn't be a bad idea.

Fallen earth in there early closed beta opened a section, i was one of there first members. (186th member).

They opened a section and it was really successful.
    They had player discussions,reporting bugs and suggestions of what could be improved.

None-purchasing member's wouldn't want to see this.

Is this title going through any kind of closed beta process? Most games seem to go through that process, as it is typically impossible to replicate all of the crazy unexpected things players tend to try doing that cause bugs and server crashes.

I am asking not because I hope to take part in such a thing (although who wouldnt?), but to get a feel for how stable the game will be come April.

currently it is in house testing. Next a small group of players will be going in followed closely by the pre-orders.

Virtus wrote:
    Next a small group of players will be going in followed closely by the pre-orders.
    Crossing my fingers.
    Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.

Niccolo Machiavelli