Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Another Great Post!

Again I am totally on board with you creator.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Creator View Post
    #3 - Remove ability to plant trees on others tribelands
    This acts as an ability to grief other tribes, by planting trees clogging up areas and purposefully wasting peoples time to deal with mass planting in a tribal area by someone who is not a member.
    removal of stumps, baby tree stumps hard to remove and are almost invisible cause collision barrier. Stumps should disappear when tree is cut down. One extra needless step.

Benefit: Avoid Greifing, protection of tribal area, removal of stump problems caused that has no benefit.
    Instead of removing/destroying stumps? Why not chop it for firewood? When fire decay in place they would become useful. Or even chop them down to make mallet handles instead of branches, and use branches for firewood.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    If you people want game difficulty to be a challenge for vets? then make everyone same statuses same HP same everything except skills.
    When noobs start new game they should all have same statuses as a vets have, at least that would be fair.
    Hp shouldnt be identical, it should depend on the strenght/fortitude/height/weight of your character you selected during creation, we dont want everyone to be the same, balanced YES, but with different individual character builds so you can play combat the way you prefer,fact is stats/skills/combat as a complete system needs alot of work so all character arent the same build and use same fighting technique, currently combat characters/hunters are forced to craft to gain HP which is wrong.

Great ideas, some have been said before for a while. I agree with them.

I also think there are more important things. So unless these are very easy, the other things should be first.

If you people want game difficulty to be a challenge for vets? then make everyone same statuses same HP same everything except skills.
    When noobs start new game they should all have same statuses as a vets have, at least that would be fair.

You really going to derail this thread because of this again?

You think the only way to give vets a challenge is to make them have noob HP? Can you please show me some MMORPG's that do this? Every MMORPG I know have character progression. Part of that progression is HP increase, skills increase, damage increase, and protection increases.

New players shouldnt be as powerful as vets in an MMORPG. It just needs to be a better gap (slightly smaller) or reasons why vets wouldnt want to kill newer players, or reasons why vets dont even want to be in the areas that new players are.

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    Actually, the difference is that there is no risk when using the pre-order weapons. I can set my spawn 5 minutes from your tribe and endlessly raid you with a pre-order weapon at absolutely no cost, and there is a decent chance of me causing some damage. If I lose a supreme weapon to you every time I die, then it's just me giving you items.
    100% yes, there is nothing to risk in this game but loot and when you remove the loot, its just no risk at all. Preorders are so good that you dont need anything else. Also being that armor isnt very effective, most of the combat comes from a good weapon and skilled up player, there is no way to stop this type of naked preorder attacks. You are at the will of the other player getting bored.

If people had to wear good armor and use good weapons to even stand a chance vs other players in armor and with good weapons, then at least the winner of the fights would gain something and the defenders could over time stop the attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    #10, yup, super easy fix with a lot of benefits.

#9, is eating food and drink every X minutes really a challenge? Think about this from a gameplay perspective -- what does this add? Just another menial task you have to perform while you perform your other menial tasks... This is taking things a bit too far. If you want to encourage use of food and drink, you should ENCOURAGE USE (buffs), not DISCOURAGE NOT USING (death).

#8, another silly one. Do you really want to have to run into your building and do nothing for X minutes every X hours? What is this adding to the game? That's a really weak "purpose" for buildings.

#7, seems like something could be done to just FIX the tree spawn instead, but whatever... seems like the benefits would be pretty good on this change.

#6, if 20 slot carts have a bunch of room for items that they can't actually carry, then that seems stupid. Obviously their weight capacity should match their carrying capacity.

#5, on its own, this change would literally do nothing. So you can slap a tent up in the wild -- why? If these were used as single-use mobile spawn points or something, maybe... What purpose would this have?

#4, makes sense.

#3, doesn't make sense that you can't attack or steal on tribelands but you can plant trees. If you're going to restrict actual gameplay, may as well restrict griefing...

#2, makes sense. Pre-order weapons shouldn't give a huge gameplay advantage. Unfair to new players, potential for griefing, etc.

#1, makes sense. What are you going to do with these buds once you know they're online though? Doesnt really change much about the game...
    Eating and Drinking already effect your stats and ability levels with certain actions, and eventually when cooking comes in there will be food bonus so why not have "not eating at all" harm you and eventually kill you? A gradual loss of HPs until you eat something.

Comfort is planned already, and indoors your stats will be better for crafting etc. So if stop along your travels to make some items for another player, you can throw up a tent and gain better stats, and make better items.

Knowing your friends are online makes it easier to plan hunts etc.

Xsyon Citizen
    I just don't believe that pre-order weapons are so powerful as the once you can craft, that doesn't make any sense.
    It's just plain simple with you guys, you just want that weapon, but you did not wanted to buy game before lunch.
    What would be so special about "gift" if you would loos it? or someone would take it away from you.
    You guys just jealous and have nothing else to do.

I just don't believe that pre-order weapons are so powerful as the once you can craft, that doesn't make any sense.
    It's just plain simple with you guys, you just want that weapon, but you did not wanted to buy game before lunch.
    What would be so special about "gift" if you would loos it? or someone would take it away from you.
    You guys just jealous and have nothing else to do.

I have 3 preorder accounts. All with preorder weapons.

The weapons shouldnt be as strong as player crafted weapons and they are. Only 1 weapon is stronger and its only for a very short amount of time. Once it decays a little its no longer stronger and you can lose it in a fight, its also only very very slightly stronger.

Odd that you are backing this as you are so anti griefing yet you dont see how this is used to grief other players.

Xsyon Citizen
    Good points - especially like the idea of acid rain

But as suggested, this will probably come with the comfort rework.
    Why else is there "water protection", "Cold protection", "Heat Protection" and "Comfort increase" ...

Also a ++ on the public bins - I agree that very few people will actually remember where they put their baskets - and even if they remember - like MrDDTs, Baby, Dang ... (I have seen a lot of their baskets all over the map) ... the time when the baskets were open (about 8 days or so) - I inspected the contents of a lot of public baskets - and its mainly poor quality, random findings with no to minor usablity - you wont find a basket in the public with "shemes" or "10.000 nails" in it :P.

Jordy is most probably working hard on the stability and scaling of the server part - so that, when totem decay is turned on, and some players come back - they will not be welcomed by a laggy server and unstable client (and hopefully most/some of them will stay and pay monthly fees).

This is probably the last chance for the game to get a sufficient player basis, so that servers and the developers can be payed (allthough this project is a "dream come true" project for Jordy, I believe he would very much like to get paid for the work he did). If you calculate a bit the income vs costs (even with optimistic numbers) you will figure out, that the current player basis is too small to support the game development - at best it probably covers the montly costs for the servers at the moment.

So lets all be patient - when Jordy believes that he can risk the whole project/game by sending out the "totem decay" e-mails and managing the returning players (will probably be a lot of them) - then all the baskets will be set to public not much after that - until then, we all will have to live with a devasted world (also fits the Xsyon story BTW ...).

When I roam the Xsyon world and see all the started/unfinished terraforming the ghost buildings and the tree clusters, I image that all the characters that started their first steps in Xsyon died of thirst and hunger, and thats why the land is deserted .. So I keep my character fed and without thirst - just from a game point of view ... sandbox is also about giving players the freedom to imagine things and to fill the world with their ideas... be creative (well and planting trees around or in a tribe land is creative, dropping totems on public baskets/carts is creative ...) and keeping the character fed and clothed ... thats sort of an ethical decision you have to make on your own - don't expect the game to do all the entertainment for you ... carry something valueable with you - like a sheme you want to learn, but you have to skill up first to be able to ... you have to put yourself to risk! - Dont expect that the game will give you a feeling of danger!

EG: Buy a cart from Neliz/Aram or someone far far away from your place and drag it home ... you will feel the acomplishment, see wonderful (and awful) things on the way and have a feeling of danger (instead of porting from 1 safe zone to the trade fair and porting back, and then complain that the game is too easy :P)

Good list - hope some of it/all makes it in the game !

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I have 3 preorder accounts. All with preorder weapons.

The weapons shouldnt be as strong as player crafted weapons and they are. Only 1 weapon is stronger and its only for a very short amount of time. Once it decays a little its no longer stronger and you can lose it in a fight, its also only very very slightly stronger.

Odd that you are backing this as you are so anti griefing yet you dont see how this is used to grief other players.
    How is that griefing?

Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    So lets all be patient - when Jordy believes that he can risk the whole project/game by sending out the "totem decay" e-mails and managing the returning players (will probably be a lot of them) - then all the baskets will be set to public not much after that - until then, we all will have to live with a devasted world (also fits the Xsyon story BTW ...).
    I really have a strong feeling for doubt that more people will return, you got it all backwards. Then Xsyon will loose even more chance for people to return, especially when they have no place to return they spent so much time building.