Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Event - Assault the Outpost!

Survivors you are greatly needed!

Recent rumours about the Return of the Xsyon Mercs are true.

We have had many reported sightings and lots of suspicious activity among the mountains of Xsyon.

Our Scouts report that there is a small outpost situated way deep in the mountains.
    We gravely need your help to remove these vicious nomads from our lands!

On this coming Sunday 2012-05-13 at 12pm PST, the Event will start.

• Players will be grouped up depending on the number of Survivors taking part, and take it in turns to raid the outpost where the Mercs are calling their temporary home.
    • If you manage to kill a Merc, you may loot them and keep what you find.
    • There will be many other rewards among the Outpost. You are free to keep what you find.
    • You will be raiding the outpost with fellow Survivors, this is a join effort in a cooperative setup.
    • NO PvP allowed (anyone seen attempting to kill another Survivor will be disqualified, and teleported back home).
    • The Mercs will keep 'Spawning' back until the Survivors have finally pushed them out of the outpost (end of Event time).

Competing players will be summoned to the Event location before the start.
    There is to be absolutely no PvP during the Event, until you have received a Teleport Home.

The location of the Outpost, is still being mapped out.
    Once this is complete we will let you know.

Sounds like fun.

I don't really understand why the Guides dictate the no PVP. This is an FFA PVP world, yet they put on these types of events which would allow for PVP politics to take place. Doesn't make sense to me.

You have other factors of people looting other players, or miss swings, or whatever. Who gets the end loot? Do I sit back and watch while others kill then, when I see a merc go down I rush in for the loot?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Sounds like fun.

I don't really understand why the Guides dictate the no PVP. This is an FFA PVP world, yet they put on these types of events which would allow for PVP politics to take place. Doesn't make sense to me.

You have other factors of people looting other players, or miss swings, or whatever. Who gets the end loot? Do I sit back and watch while others kill then, when I see a merc go down I rush in for the loot?
    Probably because it's an organized event...and...because you'd mow down all the participants and then take EVERYTHING. There is noone playing right now that even stands a chance against you 1v1...and if other IS members are there, then everyone else loses. That's not a fun event..that's a slaughter in which only you guys win. You have won or nearly won every single PvP event hosted since I've been around. It's okay to not "win" once in awhile. We cooperate, we kill mercs, everyone has some fun and profits...why is that wrong?

Its wrong because this is an FFA PVP world. These events should be open PVP not guides saying who can attack who.
    Ive played a lot of FFA PVP games and these types of events are the events combat players and guides are looking for. It creates game dynamics for politics and players to make new friends/allies and make enemies.

If IS goes there and kills everyone they find, then those players will be upset with IS. Killing them, starting a war, trade embargoes etc.
    If you have a few tribes team up, and work together not only would they reap the rewards of this event, but they can also kill the "evil" players and take their loot too. Plus it will create strong bonds to do other things together.

Ive been in other games where GM's have done events and it doesnt need to be protected. FFA PVP in this game is promoted as part of the WHOLE world (save for founders isle and each person tribe area), why would you have guides get involved with tribe disrupts or politics?

I'm either forced to work with other tribes (some I might not like at all) or not play in the event. I dont see a reason for this in an FFA PVP game. This isnt even counting the fact that its not in the hands of the guides who does miss swings, watching who attacks who, seeing who loots what.

Sounds to me like I should goto this event naked, wait for everyone to die and loot them. (Nothing is stated saying I cant), then loot the "Mercs" if they die while everyone else is still fighting.

Well at the end it's not so bad. It is true, this is FFA PVP world and at this point you can attack and loot who ever you want. But still this sounds like PVE event and it's ok by me (and my skills ) that there will be no PVP .

At first I thought this was an organized PvP event vs a larger tribe. But after reading a bit, its not and thats kind of depressing, not that I would do anything either way.

While I agree with MrDDT on this PvP thing, I think that there should be less "overseeing" on events in the near future and more "free form play". We had open world PvP in Roma Victor, and we had SEVERAL large events without it degenerating into a pvp blood bath. I belive that the Xsyon community is as mature if not more so than the Roma Victor community was.

Perhaps this could have been a test run for the Revnants or how ever they spell it.

Quote Originally Posted by GuideRaguel View Post
    Survivors you are greatly needed!

Recent rumours about the Return of the Xsyon Mercs are true.

We have had many reported sightings and lots of suspicious activity among the mountains of Xsyon.

WARNING!!!

Disclaimer
    The Xsyon Mercenaries are in no way affiliated with this so called bunch of "vicious nomads". This small band of Wannabes were soundly rejected by the leadership of our tribe, and admonished to behave themselves, or face the consequences. Furthermore, they were also ordered not to under any circumstances ever allude that they were connected to our honorable tribe. They have not signed "The Seal of the Mercs". They have no honor, and are to be considered 'armed and dangerous'.

Carry on.

China
    Leader of the Xsyon Mercenaries

What are MERCS?...are this animals ?

I will defeat the mercs as I did Dingse in 1 vs 1... RUN AWAY!!! RUN AWAY!!! bwhahaa... "Supreme Hermit Grass Basket Combat Tactic... Huuuuuuh!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Whorlok View Post
    What are MERCS?...are this animals ?
    I believe they are the Guides alter egos (shhhhh)