Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NPC behavior

NPC behavior

[li]No set creature spawns or re-spawns. Animals multiply based on the current creature population. Undead never truly die, or do they?[/li]
    [li]Creatures gain experience and power, potentially evolving into legendary beings.[/li]
    [li]Creatures can overrun areas or be depleted.[/li]
    [li]Creatures gravitate towards different areas based on mood and weather.[/li]
    [li]Creatures driven to the outer reaches of the world mutate.[/li]

I really love this list and raises some question for me.

1) Is it possible that a creature become extinct?

2)If I have a bunch of rabbits in a fenced of area (if that is at all possible) will they reproduce?

3) Creatures will gain XP and power, can I assume this might be seen as aging or do they only gain XP by killing others?

4) Do creatures eat other creatures? if so Lets say rabbits eat wolves. Now the players or the rabbits killed most of the wolves in one area will the rabbits move to an other areas where there are more wolves?

These things would really make it interesting. The community in one area has to keep an eye on population level or risk loosing a certain group of creatures (rabbits) from there area. However this would mean the one who has the wolves in a fence can make big profit to sell them to local who have an hard time getting what they give.

Would also give the player the ability to capture wolves and release them in there area. This would not only bring back the wolves population, but also might bring back the rabbit population. You could bring back the rabbit population, but they would just leave or die without food.

Re:NPC behavior

1) Is it possible that a creature become extinct?
    It's possible, but we might have to encourage players to take action to prevent this.

2)If I have a bunch of rabbits in a fenced of area (if that is at all possible) will they reproduce?
    Currently no, but it's a planned evolution.

3) Creatures will gain XP and power, can I assume this might be seen as aging or do they only gain XP by killing others?
    Both age and XP.

4) Do creatures eat other creatures?
    Currently no, but I like the idea. It's on my list now and we'll see how this could be worked out within the current system.

I cant wait to see a high level bunny on a rampage killing noobies in search of his next mate...

Of course this could just be in my head
    Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Kaldor wrote:
    I cant wait to see a high level bunny on a rampage killing noobies in search of his next mate...

Of course this could just be in my head
    behold a legendary fully grown and evolved bunny

Haha, nice. Bugs the Epic Rabbit.

Virtus wrote:
    And this is an Evil epic rabbit
    This is better! :P

Virtus wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg
    Aye, indeed. That's no ordinary rabbit!

By whicker at 2010-04-12

[img size=500]http://i42.tinypic.com/15yys69.jpg[/img]

Virtus wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

IN asheron's Call they had a mob called the "white bunny" and it freaking raped whole parties of guys. was funny as hell.

there was a town somewhat near its spawn. People trying to fight it would get killed, respawn at the town and it would follow them back there. Then kill everyone in town. was so funny. good times.