Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53
  1. #1

    Xsyon Trade Fairs

    Hello Survivors!

    Over the past few months we have been hosting the popular Trade Fair Market.
    This for many was the home of mass trading, and easy access to the wares of other Survivors and their Tribes.

    All this was greatly helped by the teleportation assistance everyone received in order to get to and from the Market.

    Starting from the release of this Forum post, we would like to announce that the Guide Team will no longer be hosting the Trade Fair Market.



    We feel the time is right to pass this onto any Tribe that feels they can accommodate it.

    We have seen some successful Player ran Trade Fair Markets and we would like this to continue.

    So what does this mean..?

    Well this means the following... (In summary)

    • The Guide Team will no longer be hosting any Trade Fair Market.
    • The Trade Fair Markets should/will be hosted by the Xsyon Community
    • The Guide Team will offer assistance in the form of Announcements in-game, forum posts and Social Networking sites.



    If you would like to organise a Trade Fair Market, and you would like the assistance of the Guide Team as described above, please send Myself (GuideRaguel) a forum Private Message.

    Alot of the player base have been asking that the Guide Team have less and less involvement with the Trade Fair Market, and to allow the players to organise this themselves.

    We hope that this is a positive change for the whole community.

    Thank you.

  2. #2

    This will make trade a bit more difficult, but I agree. This is "Post Apocalypse" and this is a player driven game. We will need to work together to plan trade fairs, offer security etc. This will give us more reason to work together, and more reason to build a large tribe over homesteads.

    The problem I see is players/vendors outside the tribe cannot drop wagons etc in tribe. Nor can they use/rent building etc. SO...... The sooner the devs can get the rental program going, and do something about carts on tribal land the better

  3. #3
    I really don't think the guides and xsyon have thought this through. The most important problem that will stop trading is over the top encumbrance, especially with woodcraft & masonry products even when using carts. You need to sort that out like today if you start refusing teleports.

    I also agree with willow as well. Putting the cart before horse again Xsyon? Actually come to think of it there's no horse drawn carts. Oh well it's a rest every 2 paces and hope we all make it in time to do trading ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    http://xsyonmercs.com/

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I really don't think the guides and xsyon have thought this through. The most important problem that will stop trading is over the top encumbrance, especially with woodcraft & masonry products even when using carts. You need to sort that out like today if you start refusing teleports.

    I also agree with willow as well. Putting the cart before horse again Xsyon? Actually come to think of it there's no horse drawn carts. Oh well it's a rest every 2 paces and hope we all make it in time to do trading ;-)
    What maybe could be done instead is to come early before the event (day early) like make it the last thing one does before they log out, so when the event does start, it will make things considerably easier.

    Definitely will add some realism. I still hope to see the Guides around for the events!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Calpurnius View Post
    What maybe could be done instead is to come early before the event (day early) like make it the last thing one does before they log out, so when the event does start, it will make things considerably easier.

    Definitely will add some realism. I still hope to see the Guides around for the events!
    I agree here.....maybe the hosts will have buildings available to store your items ahead of time, or you can bring some carts nearby. Then you just show up and trade them on fair day....but this will also need the host to announce well in advance when fair day is to be...give people time to make plans to have wares available.
    The truth will set you free....but first it will realy piss you off !!

  6. #6
    Deacon & Calpurnius.

    Have a challenge for you. Pretend you have made a deal for a cart, to buy it for let's say 3000 granite bricks. The trade fair is on a work day and you play after work and is in say two workday's time. The trade fair is in the North whilst you are deep in the South. Go for a test run and tell me how long it took you to transport the payment and by the way you have to come back empty handed to the fair receive the new cart.

    I'm sure you'll find that even if you have an event free transport with no pvp action that you'll come to my way of thinking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    http://xsyonmercs.com/

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I really don't think the guides and xsyon have thought this through. The most important problem that will stop trading is over the top encumbrance, especially with woodcraft & masonry products even when using carts. You need to sort that out like today if you start refusing teleports.

    I also agree with willow as well. Putting the cart before horse again Xsyon? Actually come to think of it there's no horse drawn carts. Oh well it's a rest every 2 paces and hope we all make it in time to do trading ;-)
    I have to say that I agree with Q on this one...I'm excited about tribes hosting the fairs and I think the community should do things like this without the guides, BUT..and that's a big but, the system has to be in place to make this even remotely realistic. As has been said already, try loading up your cart with an even moderate load and pull it across 10 zones...running out of energy every 30-40 steps (if that many). I think carts need to be changed to a flat encumbrance % based on weight...if the cart is super-loaded down, make it 40% movement speed, but NOT take 50% of your energy every step. If the cart is a medium load, 60%-70%...if it's empty, 100% movement speed, etc.

    I know the game is very realistic in many regards, but I worry that this may kill trade completely as far as trade fairs are concerned. And once deathporting is gone, there will be no trade of anything other than small items period...

    And that's not even touching on Willow's mentioned issue...where do I put my cart if I drag it for hours across the map? I can't put it on the host's tribal land. My only option is to drop it outside nearby and hope it doesn't get totem'd before the fair. The systems need to be in place as soon as possible...

  8. #8
    Hello everyone,

    Myself and the Developers are following this thread, and I must say we are quite surprised at some of the posts here.

    We originally thought that players wanted less and less involvement from the guide team, and also wanted us to stop the taxi service that players were getting to and from the Trade fair to encourage a more immersive and realistic gameplay.

    Going forward, our goal is to hand over the Trade Fair Market to the community 100%, safe for the Announcements for them, which we would do.

    Now reading through the posts it appears to us that your main concerns are weight and encumbrance.

    Since our Goal is to hand this over, and not teleport players to the Markets, and keeping this in mind we would love to have some feedback on a few points...

    • What would you normally carry with you (including numbers if you can), on a single trip to the Trade fair in which you get ported to?


    • Baring in mind that different items have their own weights, What would you consider being a reasonable number of items to carry in a cart, before it becomes to energy draining? Try to give examples please.


    • Lastly, what would you suggest we can alter to carts or the characters, that would encourage you to trade the normal way, and not rely on a teleport to do the trading?


    We would be very interested to hear what you have to say about this, and we will take all your feedback into consideration.

    Thank you for your feedback so far.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GuideRaguel View Post
    Hello everyone,

    Myself and the Developers are following this thread, and I must say we are quite surprised at some of the posts here.

    We originally thought that players wanted less and less involvement from the guide team, and also wanted us to stop the taxi service that players were getting to and from the Trade fair to encourage a more immersive and realistic gameplay.

    Going forward, our goal is to hand over the Trade Fair Market to the community 100%, safe for the Announcements for them, which we would do.

    Now reading through the posts it appears to us that your main concerns are weight and encumbrance.

    Since our Goal is to hand this over, and not teleport players to the Markets, and keeping this in mind we would love to have some feedback on a few points...

    • What would you normally carry with you (including numbers if you can), on a single trip to the Trade fair in which you get ported to?


    • Baring in mind that different items have their own weights, What would you consider being a reasonable number of items to carry in a cart, before it becomes to energy draining? Try to give examples please.


    • Lastly, what would you suggest we can alter to carts or the characters, that would encourage you to trade the normal way, and not rely on a teleport to do the trading?


    We would be very interested to hear what you have to say about this, and we will take all your feedback into consideration.

    Thank you for your feedback so far.
    Raguel,

    I'd expect to do the following as far as self travel goes:

    At least put one full basket of any material into a cart and travel normally. Seriously I know bricks, metal and wood is heavy but for the purposes of trading they're not necessarily worth much and perhaps weight should be more proportional to value otherwise masons & wood crafters are not going to become very wealthy traders. Infact, I can see them getting bored and rage quitting.

    Carts themselves need to be more flexible. I need to be able to drop them and reconnect on tribe land. If I happen to trade the basket of materials for another cart then the second cart might have to go top of the cart I bought along in the first place or be represented in some other fashion. As a wainwright I would be selling up to 3 or 4 carts in a trade fair session. What am I supposed to do now? make 4 lightning trips???

    When you get materials to the fair then why can't we have the facility to rent storage from the host tribe by looking at the permissions again without inclusion of the hosts friends or whatever.

    Also the terrain isn't really that cart friendly. We need those totem extensions so can build our own bridges and tidy the roads up etc.

    Really think you should give the ability to host and attend trade fairs properly before taking away the teleport services.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    http://xsyonmercs.com/

  10. #10

    Lightbulb

    I cannot guess what a good weight would be because that is relevant to current market rates. I do have a few suggestions that could simplify that problem, and make trade fairs more workable.

    1) Give a maximum encumbrance or 50% for anyone pulling a cart. That way it's fair for the logger or mason and everyone else. No one will be more than 50% encumbered, and I can move around OK at 50%. That is my cutoff when I am out scavenging or hunting. That's when I pack it in and head back to camp.

    2) Give us a "View cart" Option. This way we can set up shop (Our cart) People can just wander around the fair viewing items and then ask for prices, make a deal etc.

    3) The ability to drop a cart on another tribe so we don't have to meet outside where there is less protection etc.

    4) Tribe leaders need to be able to move any cart on their tribe. (Not have access to the content, just be able to move them) So if a vendor or a tribe member abandons a cart they can at least hook it up and move it out of the way, or off the tribe property.

    Just my two cents worth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •