Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Could you guys stay on topic pls ? - I dont play EVE but afaik they have a global contract system - where you can post quests and buy/sell orders? Its totally unrelated to the Xsyon Trade Fairs ...

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    Why did you post this if you're just going to throw words around with out any meaning behind them? It's also completely unrelated to this thread.

Painful skill system? How?
    Macrobot to run your ship? Why? EVE is a fairly engaging game, even in no-risk activites...
    WoW in space? How?
    EVE lacked realism? How?
    Let me sum it up for you.

I dont like the time based skill leveling system, I buy a book module, I wait XXX amount of hours for it to finish reading, and *ding* I gain a level. It doesnt matter how long I actually do something or if I am even in game doing it. I wouldnt mind if it was also for offline learning, but its not.

The hitpoint bubble and combat system is much like WoW, except with a third deminsion in the combat, and even thats a falsehood. I mash whatever combat que buttons I have assigned, for the simplisity sake, 1,2,3. So I smash 1 then 2 then 3, and BAM! I fire off laser bank 1, bank 2, and missile 1, no need to actually aim, its tab based lock. The chances of hitting are based on level and ship equipment, no where in the equasion is personal skill.

Last part, lacking realism. Really do I have to expand on what was above. Honestly Vendetta Online has a better space feel to it, and it runs on my Kindle. But Vendetta Online took time to actually program in Newtonian physics for space flight, and object in motion stays in motion until an equal or greater force acts appon it. This with the non-tab based combat system makes it feel more real, and thus less WoW based. Its like comparing the Nintendo 8bit game "Top Gun", with Falcon BMS (Falcon 4.0 the newest version).

Xsyon Citizen
    I agree with Prokop about PvP driving demand. I also agree with DDT that there is a crafting and PvE drive for demand as well. Having played every sandbox game under the sun I will throw my support behind PvP as a mechanic to increase demand and stimulate an economy. WoW's economy is so inflated because a large majority of the items in the economy never go away. Global economics is driven by consumerism these days. The US economy was built upon the premise that stuff was meant to be replaced which is how we built such a massive manufacturing base.

Let's be honest, there's not much of a turnover rate to weapons and armor. Tools are slightly higher, but its generally a steep curve at the start of the game and levels out as you get access to higher durability tools.

The 200 AGI is just ridiculous. I don't mind having such a gap from the highest possible starting stat of 90 to the 200 range as long as it doesn't create such a massive min/max effect gap. Darkfall suffers horribly from that gap.

As for the trade fairs. People are way too used to easy mode in this game as it is. Once the tribal wars and sieges start up people are going to scream and cry about their pixels because they've gotten too used to an easy mode flavor of Xsyon. People already ask me to kill them after we trade so that they can get teleported back to their totem. I couldn't believe it the first time the request was made; I figured I'd just loot their corpse of the stuff they received from me in the transaction. Obviously I didn't because I knew they had become too trusting, but you can't expect the game to last like that forever.

What this game needs is strong tribal leadership. It is the same thing that any game community needs. You need people who understand economics and how to generate regional geopolitical and economic structures that can trade "internationally" and then distribute regionally. IS shouldn't be the only ones producing a price list and having a chokehold on the economy, but DDT's persistence has paid off and now the south is a hotspot for acquiring whatever you need. Wolverines are taking the steps necessary to set up our own economic powerhouse in the north. We need more tribes that can compete and supply smaller tribes closer to home. Eventually wars will break out and PvP will happen. That will also drive the need for crafters to produce items for trade. I'm hoping we can create political bodies that include smaller tribes as supplemental forces to engage in these wars as well.

The game will progress beyond the suppressed PvP environment whether people like it or not. I say we need to get ready for it and used to it now by getting rid of the trade fairs and propping up regional economies. Combat needs some tweaking, but its pretty obvious at this point that Jordi is working on it. You can cry about the pace of progress, but its happening and that is a lot more than can be said about a lot of games. Game developers give us a set of features, but its really the players that decide how the game plays out.

If you want to contribute to the game then give constructive feedback on specific features, not a post like "oh yeah, archery would be cool," but specifics like balancing issues, other skills and mechanics impacted, suggestions on materials for bows, etc. The more comprehensive your suggestion is the more likely it is to be implemented and just because it isn't in overnight or within the next 6 months doesn't mean it was overlooked. It might already be on the books, but it was tweaked because of something you suggested.

End Rant

I agree with everything you said Brando good post.

I wanted to point out, that I didnt mean that PVP couldnt drive economy. I was just stating that it wasnt the ONLY way to drive it nor that it was required at all. I think a lot of people are afraid of PVP in a game and making it required to play Xsyon would not be the best thing at this time IMO.

I think many many aspects of the game need to be worked on before we can start having tribal wars where people lose cities. I also believe that people need to start to see that the game should be getting harder because this "easy mode" we have now is killing economy.

Gathering in 30mins enough mats to make 100 weapons which will last you the rest of your Xsyon gaming time is major balance issue on how easy resources are to get, and how slow decay is on items.

Prokop,

I use the term "WoW" because 99% of the current generation of gamers dont understand D&D Hitpoint Bubble. Which is WHERE WoW got its idea from, and actually most games that followed.

On Eve and its offline skilling, thats great, I liked that, but I hate how it doesnt matter if your online or offline. If I am online I should gain some kind of bonus just to keep me from asking a guild/corp mate to loan me a few hundred thousand ISK to get the learning modules I need to skill up while offline for a month.

Now before you climb back up on your weak assed soap box I am going to say. I like Eve its a great game but its not the game for me and I stated my reason for that. If you dont like it thats nice, I dont care this topic isnt about Eve.

Good day sir!

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I wanted to point out, that I didnt mean that PVP couldnt drive economy. I was just stating that it wasnt the ONLY way to drive it nor that it was required at all. I think a lot of people are afraid of PVP in a game and making it required to play Xsyon would not be the best thing at this time IMO.
    Oh, I'm right there with you that PvP isn't the only that should drive the economy and I didn't think you were implying that

I agree that we need mechanics that support a PvP environment and I believe the Hi-sec and Null-sec elements of EVE would help Xsyon out. All tribe areas in the central zone are safe; All tribe areas outside of that set zone are not. Make PvE and resource gathering much more efficient and rewarding in the dangerous areas and not very rewarding in the central area. Keep mechanics in the central area the same. This way tribes are forced to be out and about in the "outlands" to get access to better resources that are more abundant and bring all their riches back into the central zones. This would create a wealthier, more developed central area and a wastelands where PKers and "murderers" could reside. All the White Knight tribes would be able to roam in the outer areas and defend crafters/resource gatherers while the PKers could live deep in the wastelands. It would drive a reason to PvP and those who want to play as Bandits would be able to assume the risk and host their totem out in the open PvP areas.

You could still get killed in the central areas so tribes would have to defend their trade routes, but you'd have a safe area on your totem. Obviously hiding on your totem would give you limited access to resources so eventually you'd have to venture out of your hole to risk getting PK'd. Those who want to play tea party on their front lawn can still do so; Just hit up another tribe to deliver resources to your home :P

After realising that I have been horribly derailed by a troll, I placed him on my ignore list so I can move on without being distracted by the walls of text.

I agree with Brando, and DDT, that there should be something more than just a PvP driven economy. The High-Sec, null-sec stuff is plausable with of course some changes to it so it would fit into the theme of Xsyon. But I also feel that there should be some more influence by the players in the larger tribes to help police their areas of influence.

I am pretty sure that there are 3 maybe 4 large tribes left in Xsyon. Mercs, Rainy River, Industrial Strength, and one other that I dont know the name of. But Mercs and the other one, operate mostly up north and have that area pretty much under control. And on the otherhand IS and RR, have the south pretty much undercontrol.

Xsyon Citizen
    You mean the Wolverines?

Quote Originally Posted by brando View Post
    You mean the Wolverines?
    Yes, thanks, I didnt know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    After realising that I have been horribly derailed by a troll, I placed him on my ignore list so I can move on without being distracted by the walls of text.

I agree with Brando, and DDT, that there should be something more than just a PvP driven economy. The High-Sec, null-sec stuff is plausable with of course some changes to it so it would fit into the theme of Xsyon. But I also feel that there should be some more influence by the players in the larger tribes to help police their areas of influence.

I am pretty sure that there are 3 maybe 4 large tribes left in Xsyon. Mercs, Rainy River, Industrial Strength, and one other that I dont know the name of. But Mercs and the other one, operate mostly up north and have that area pretty much under control. And on the otherhand IS and RR, have the south pretty much undercontrol.

Players policing their own doesnt really work. There needs to be reasons and benefits to not just randomly killing every person you see. Also should be benefits to protecting the weak, and defending vs evils.

Anyways, its a long standing dream and I dont see it happening anytime soon.