Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Armor concern (from Q&A)

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    You do realize that fortitude is so prevalant in concerns of HP, that anyone who wants to survive it, will all be wearing the same deerbone armor...so much for individuality

I see most creature resources being useless compared to mutant deer resources. "OH...there's a big raccoon mutant!!"...."nevermind...it only gives dexterity"
    I completely disagree with this.

1)Fortitude is used for HP, Energy, Bonecrafting. I myself dont even use this type of armor as I like other stats more. Not saying that some might not find it useful but its not the only choice.
    2)Dex off mutant raccoons are still in high value, as they are used to help boost stats for tailoring, hunting. Both are high value skills.
    3)STR/AGI/FORT are going to be the primary stats of choice for any combat player, and most players in the game even crafters as they add basic stats everyone wants.

I believe that your concern about FORT is a little misplaced as I believe its not going to be as valued as AGI, STR. As they have high uses in crafting and gathering skills.

I personally find AGI far more important to me. FORT is nice, but its not the big one. We also have to remember that the combat system is not complete. And right now it is just a melee game with no other weapons, and the fighting style isnt to unlike Roma Victor, minus the strafe running (thank the goddess for that). But in the far future, assuming Xsyon survives long enough to attract a larger player crowd and PvP becomes more common, I can see PvPers being equipped much the same. Most will actually go for the AGI suits as it will let them move faster, they dont worry about the HP, or they will go with the STR suits so they can do more damage. FORT is for someone who just wants to take the hits, aka tank.

Yes I also have to disagree Deacon.It all really comes down to your playing/pvp style and whatever stats your use for it makes for all kinds of different match ups and different strategy for dealing with said player useing said sats.

we'll see.....so far, most fighters I've seen are wearing maxed fort suits. As for the crafting suits...dont see many folks running around in them...not gonna do you much good to be scavanging resources to be killed by a high HP toon, and he takes the most valuable stuff.

anyway, I hope you guys are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    most fighters I've seen are wearing maxed fort suits.
    I have to agree on this. Every match I've seen has been won by the player with the higher hps. This doesn't mean they didn't also have higher Agility or strength, but it looks to me like damage (strength) and speed (Agility) are still not viable enough to offset hit points. So I too have decided to make myself a fortitude suite next.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    I have to agree on this. Every match I've seen has been won by the player with the higher hps. This doesn't mean they didn't also have higher Agility or strength, but it looks to me like damage (strength) and speed (Agility) are still not viable enough to offset hit points. So I too have decided to make myself a fortitude suite next.
    I've won many fights with less HP than the other person. Fort is just for people that like to tank more. Its a style choice. AGI doesnt work fully to go 100% AGI suit because of how desync is still an issue. However, not using some higher AGI at all will hurt you in a fight, I would say 110+ AGI less you start hurting yourself. STR to me is the best choice. HP and damage.