I have played for two months now and my experience of Xsyon so far is that it won't keep me playing for another two. The reasons are many and Ill try to point out a few that you as a community will flame me for (but recognize), and you as a developer might look into and consider (hopefully). Some will think I had better posted it in suggestions, but I think that thread is connected to a black hole somewhere in the universe.

First I would like to say the two months have been fun and its nice to see a game that dares to be different. The core of the community is awesome and even though we have different ways of expressing ourselves we all have the best of Xsyon in common.

1) UI
it could use a total makeover. I know you are pretty proud of what you made with the new patch, but it has a long way to go to be called smooth.
Icons representing items for example are so dark that you can hardly see that there is anything there at all. It is also very hard to imagine that the blob of black should be some kind of greaves..or shoes..or... The different slots in the paper doll could use more info (that pops up when hoovering with the mouse pointer). The problem I've seen the last 5-6 weeks, that really wins the prize, is how you have to click 2-4 times on a material to add it for crafting - every time. If the crafting was a clicking nightmare before, it surely is alot more painful with the glitch.

2) Client crashes
It is better now than it was 4-5 weeks ago, but it still happens too often for comfort. I checked my crashlogs and found 63 of them - generated during 2 months of playtime. I have never come across a game that crashes that often. In fact, I have a hard time remembering a vanilla game crash at all. With addons/extensions/modules games are a bit more prone to crashing, but this .. is just ridiculous.

3) Skill
I started when everything was possible. At first I thought the idea of specializing in skills would benefit trade and make for a more dynamic world, but that has changed. The population is too small for any serious trade to take place. And seriously - some skills are just mind numbingly boring to practice and trying to get high quality items from those will be pretty hard to come by. Perhaps an approach where you choose 1-2 main crafting skills and get all the relevant gathering skills would be an option? There is also a need for more skills to make the game a bit more interesting (cooking, alchemy, mining, forging, blacksmithing, trapping, etc. etc) And these skills need to go into the game alot faster than the plan suggests.

4) Inconsistency
There are things in the game that are really annoying. Like, how can I swim with a cart at 10m depth of water, but not 17? Either prevent swimming with a cart totally, or allow it for any depths.
If I can plant my shovel in the dirt and take a shovelfull of it and put it in my bag when Im on my tribe land, why can't I do it when I walk 30m in any other direction?
Why can't I build when not on tribe land? Are my skills geographically dependant?
Why don't buildings deterioate and wither?
Why do I have to pile dirt up in order to build a second storey building? Most houses I've built are built by starting at the foundation.
Why do I have to put down a project on a flat surface and then move it all the way to where I want it?
Why can you /unstuck into a tribal area at all?
How come you can jump like a bloody kangaroo over distances that are totally ridiculous and forcing us to build even more ridiculous walls to protect vs that?
How come there are no bridges or anyone who can build them in the game? If we can do carts we must surely have picked up the basic concept of transportation somewhere.

5) No moneysink...
Ok, don't get me wrong here. The game needs a sink of some sort that generates a flow that could be called economy. Todays "currency" is nails/scews/twine but it would need a bit of tweaking to be completely satisfying. A currency that depends on luck (nails) is a bit ... unsatisfying. Twine is a better currency since it depending on time/skill - not luck. As a developer you need to think this through and make a design to support a better economic system. Perhaps the time to produce items is too short? What is the price difference between a protective shirt that has taken 1hr to make and another one that took you 5s? Since I got no background in economy I won't debate further into this, all I can say is that it is lacking in one way or the other.

Ill sneak in a few thanks here as well, since it's my post I can do what I want...

China, for your friendliness and trust
Qwerty, for many chats on ts
Hartley, dito
Hodo, for the most obscene and obese outfit in the game
Grass Hermit, for having lower hp than me and for knowing how to swing a straw.
MrDDT, for fair trades
Deacon, for the tour in your house
GuideIsda, for your help during many occasions

So long, and thanks for the fish.