Briefly saw your game mentioned, took a quick glance and it looks decent, the concept sounds enjoyable... But without a 1 day free trial I cannot be sure.. So Heres some questions... A little background information. I have played 100s of games for many years names, constantly going game to game because they could only entertain me for so long before I'd get bored of them.. Pretty much after the first 30 or so, I would only play the games for a few days/2 weeks tops before abandoning it forever... I am a very very picky person.
1. With the recession and troubling times the world is in right now, along with P2P players becoming disgruntled, many large named mmo companies have been adopting free 2 play standards for their games to stay alive. (while having subs for benefits like better chances of loot or more exp etc, etc,) Why did you decide to go with 40$ + 15$ per month after charges? And why no limited free trial? (which many mmos use to grab undecided players who are daunted by seeing a rental price tag on a game.)
2. What sets your game apart from the others out there today?
I ask those questions first because I am a bit taken back by a few things I instantly noticed.. (these being the things that are scaring me away from the game.) From what I am seeing (correct me if I am wrong.) there is no free trial... Your instantly charged 40 dollars as if purchasing a solid, physical game. And then your charged 15$ per month. (one of the highest charges for largely populated, advertised mmorpgs on the market currently.)
Normally games go with 1 or the other.. You seem to have decided to go with both???
Sorry, id really like to ask other questions but.. I still can't get over that huge price. Uh..
Alright I remember now. 1. There are several other sandbox type games out there, 1 of which is actually highly similar to this game, its quite older however... (not saying the name just in case im not allowed too..) The one thing I hated about the game though, was that doing things took forever.. Ie: Say you want to mine... Better go start mining then, so you go and start chipping away at the rock.... 1 hour later you manage to remove some of the rock. Thats where I ended that game, I didn't feel like spending days clicking mine 1million times just to get a single chunk of iron... So! How fast would you say gathering takes? Am I going to be able to chop down and tree and get wood from said tree within a few seconds or a minute? Or am I going to be spending an entire real day attempting to gather 1 friggen thing? (this comparison is done between 2 dif sandbox games, 1 of which is entirely composed of blocks where gathering things take only a mere few seconds to gather something)
2. Hows the combat and rpg elements in the game? The main thing I felt missing in those other games (especially the blocky game) was the rpg element... They focused too much on creativity, and not enough on the rpg gameplay. Are there many monsters/animals to interact with? (blocky game has a total of like.. 5-6 things... -_-)
3. How are the equipment and items? I mean... if you could compare it to another game out there, which one would you say its most similar too? (lets see if I can give you an example without mention game names....) Are loot finds logical, or fantasy? Ie: If I kill a bear, am I going to find coins and maybe rings, swords, etc. Or am I going to find fur and meat, always and only, fur and meat. (ie does things also have a rare loot table? Or is it pretty much... You get what you see every time?)
And is your loot unique? (3 dif categories for this such as category 1: simply realistic: Bronze, iron, steel, damage only varies depending on material its made out of. category 2: Fantasy: bronze, iron, steel, elven, meteorite metals, etc, Damage varies depending on material its made from, plus it can have enchantments on them that dish out different effects such as slows, extra damage, extra elemental damage, stat boosting properties, etc. Or Category 3: Same as 1 or 2, but all stats are random. Ie: No two iron swords are the same. 1 might have +5 damage and 34 durability, and another might have +8 damage and 41 durability, and another might have +2 damage and 20 durability.. Highly randomized numbers.
4. Is there a Stamina system. Also known as, every facebook game in existance, and every game in china (or somewhere down there.) IE: A system designed into the game that forces players to stop doing something for long periods of time, usually an entire day. If your answer is yes, don't bother answering anything else, I will never touch this game. I am American, and absolutely oppose forceful time limitations, no matter what the reasoning is, I object to any and all things that try to tell me how long I can do something for. Thats for me to decide, and not some stranger.
5. You mention characters age 9 years per 1 real year... This to me sounds like a perma death will be a feature later on... Or some kind of bad effects will happen as your character gets considerably older and past his "prime".. What can you say about this?
5. Whats the population like? Because with building games such as these... They thrive with population.. And for some reason I am gettin the feeling the price has... not had a pleasant impact on attracting a high population.
6. My last question... And yet most often repeated.. Why such a high cost? I mean.. 40 dollars initially? They do that for new, physical, games because their not charging monthly... And their not charging monthly because their not being charged for hosting a server... So seriously, what were you guys thinking when you came up with these prices, and do you have any plans to change them?