pretty much done with game not played in months

Every update is revising something changing skills fixing bugs changing things but no content.

Theres so little people you see noone from the game so your on your own unless your in a small tribe but you still have nothing to do together but grind only thing i ever found fun was going hunting i was part of Industrial Strength tribe ive been hunting with like baby and MrDDT and others and its funny escpecially when you find something to kill but thats because its a group activity and your playing a sandbox mmo things are always fun in groups and thats why its difficult for this game because everything is solo and grindy apart from hunting so developers look at that.

I really think there needs to be a starter town that Xsyon make and everyone starts at can and moveout when they want to. This can be used as a tutorial area with an area to do practice everything people from tribes can leave quests there for them they can recruit there will be people talking to each other and it can be used as a #1 trade town till the game grows and people play.

There is alot of grind if you look at terraform it is dig up till you get right height when it shud be terraform to X height time required 2 minutes or it shud take the time of 1 terraform. Resource grinding such as getting limestone if we gota keep clicking to grind id rather have a pickaxe and hack at a rock than click button wait seconds and click again. Also animals are really strong people like MrDDT dont think about new people i had been playing like a month and rats are supposed to be easy and coyotes a little but a rat does ___ dmg to me and i do _ dmg to a rat so i have no chance and this is me with maxed out strength and agility and bear claws and armour. MrDDT says things like bears are super easy for me they 2 hit me so you really gota revise how combat works because its overpowered i would say everyone should hit the same and it should be about skill to dodge things like weapon level should increase speed a tiny bit instead of Damage.

but anyways till you make a game that people can play insted of a small minority then your never going to get anywhere as we can see its been over a year and nothing has really happened. Also just think about teaming aspects instead of solo aspects its a sandbox mmo your supose to do things together.

Changes -
    PVP
    People keep saying full loot pvp or nothing yes that will be good but its such a small part and it will still be for no reason.
    Combat
    Something for combat when you hit someone it shud say -51 hp in red writting insted of hit someone and see hp bar go down
    skill over dmg

Premade buildings as well as user made buildings
    add prebuilt buildings which are like arenas - assault courses -

Daily events
    Some content such as every friday is zombie raid day and your camp gets raided by zombies and they knock down gates till the morning and you have to defend but zombies try to get to people so if your not online they wont attack your base.

i mean if theres not content for people to do add daily events like find and skin the legendary huskar bear who is at 400 X 600 Y you have 6 hours remaining then everyone goes nuts trying to find it.

Local instances a rat has died in the local riverside and its poisoning the water if you drink it like this you get like -20 in stats and you have to clear it with your tribe mates.

Cooking
    you dont have to make everything grindy perhaps cooking can be done 2 ways. You can cook a boar over a fire and it cooks in 1 hour while your doing other things but it feeds people like 50 times or you equip a fish and a stick and your guy puts it out over the fire and it takes 10 seconds to cook.

Farming
    Building a farm which grows crops its just 1 building like on an rts game when you place a building you should just have to pick a big open spot on your land and to water it you only have to water one part and it waters the hole thing insted of mass grind water every section which is really stupid and even more grind.

Tribe Points

fighting another tribe win 10 points
    Chopping 200 trees a week 10 points
    fishing 100 fish 5 points
    killing 20 bears 20 points
    Tribe leaderboard add some competition to the game people love competing with people its a natural human instinct and its what makes game flourish man look my KDR look my money over yours ahahahah we love it so add it.
    Personal leaderboard - Mikey highest tree cutter - mrddt animals slain this week 60 - baby most clothes made - mrbongowongo most people slain - things like this makes grind mean a little less when your trying to be number 1 i dont know why but it does.

Mining
    mining - smelting - smithing - Swords/knifes- Battleaxes/axes - Mace/Clubs and so on

Horses - gives thing uses!!!!!
    Traveling distances easier roads have a use make you travel faster so you will make paths to places you like

Boats - Gives THINGS USESS!!!!!!!

small wood Boats to travel streams/rivers - WOOD makes boats - BOATS To FISH and to cross rivers faster obviously next to your area but if your limestone area across water and its faster youl use it more

Quote Originally Posted by MGStewart View Post
    Every update is revising something changing skills fixing bugs changing things but no content.
    I agree fully, however, they need to do both. Fixing bugs/crashing is very important but so is content. Content wouldnt be a problem if there were lots to start with, but most of the content is either coming SoonTM, or isnt working.

Theres so little people you see noone from the game so your on your own unless your in a small tribe but you still have nothing to do together but grind only thing i ever found fun was going hunting i was part of Industrial Strength tribe ive been hunting with like baby and MrDDT and others and its funny escpecially when you find something to kill but thats because its a group activity and your playing a sandbox mmo things are always fun in groups and thats why its difficult for this game because everything is solo and grindy apart from hunting so developers look at that.
    This here to me is one of the most fun parts of the game, however, its been broke, rebroke, changed, and broke again. They have yet to get this working correctly, and the few times its barely almost working they change it for the worse.

I really think there needs to be a starter town that Xsyon make and everyone starts at can and moveout when they want to. This can be used as a tutorial area with an area to do practice everything people from tribes can leave quests there for them they can recruit there will be people talking to each other and it can be used as a #1 trade town till the game grows and people play.
    I couldnt agree with this more. I think everyone should start in a training area, where they have to do quests or something to leave. Using it as a trading town wont work due to how weight is in game.

There is alot of grind if you look at terraform it is dig up till you get right height when it shud be terraform to X height time required 2 minutes or it shud take the time of 1 terraform. Resource grinding such as getting limestone if we gota keep clicking to grind id rather have a pickaxe and hack at a rock than click button wait seconds and click again. Also animals are really strong people like MrDDT dont think about new people i had been playing like a month and rats are supposed to be easy and coyotes a little but a rat does ___ dmg to me and i do _ dmg to a rat so i have no chance and this is me with maxed out strength and agility and bear claws and armour. MrDDT says things like bears are super easy for me they 2 hit me so you really gota revise how combat works because its overpowered i would say everyone should hit the same and it should be about skill to dodge things like weapon level should increase speed a tiny bit instead of Damage.

but anyways till you make a game that people can play insted of a small minority then your never going to get anywhere as we can see its been over a year and nothing has really happened. Also just think about teaming aspects instead of solo aspects its a sandbox mmo your supose to do things together.
    I disagree with terraforming. Out of all the things terraforming is the only thing I believe should be time grind. Reason is it effects the outlook of the world greatly. You dont want people digging pits and holes all over the world in seconds.

Animals currently are really weak, even the smaller ones. I have a 7 year old son who can kill them without getting hit and with less than 30 combat skill using crappy leather and grass armor.
    I disagree fully with "Everyone should do the same damage", dying to a rat has little to do with the damage you are doing and more to do with you not knowing how to play, and the bad lag, desync.

I believe that moving non-aggressive animals near the starting areas, and mutants and aggressive animals away from it and near the mist, it will serve as 2 things. 1) Keep newbs from dying to random animals until they are better understanding with the game, and 2) Give vets a place to hunt without being bored for hours.

Changes -
    PVP
    People keep saying full loot pvp or nothing yes that will be good but its such a small part and it will still be for no reason.
    I agree at this stage in the game and development PVP should really be the last thought, almost feel they can turn it off and not effect anything. Too many systems are broken, or not in the game yet.

Combat
    Something for combat when you hit someone it shud say -51 hp in red writting insted of hit someone and see hp bar go down
    skill over dmg
    I'm a fan of having this as an option but I dont think its required for the game.

Premade buildings as well as user made buildings
    add prebuilt buildings which are like arenas - assault courses -
    Why? I see no need for this.

Daily events
    Some content such as every friday is zombie raid day and your camp gets raided by zombies and they knock down gates till the morning and you have to defend but zombies try to get to people so if your not online they wont attack your base.

i mean if theres not content for people to do add daily events like find and skin the legendary huskar bear who is at 400 X 600 Y you have 6 hours remaining then everyone goes nuts trying to find it.

Local instances a rat has died in the local riverside and its poisoning the water if you drink it like this you get like -20 in stats and you have to clear it with your tribe mates.
    They have weekly and even biweekly events. Few people even show up, normally about a dozen.

Cooking
    you dont have to make everything grindy perhaps cooking can be done 2 ways. You can cook a boar over a fire and it cooks in 1 hour while your doing other things but it feeds people like 50 times or you equip a fish and a stick and your guy puts it out over the fire and it takes 10 seconds to cook.
    This here brings a good point of how another game which Jordi himself worked on (Roma Victor) did most of its crafting. You would start crafting and you could WALK AWAY, allowing you to do many things at once. Some would take up to 3 REAL LIFE HOURS, while others could take only 10seconds. Either way you could do many things at once. I remember being a weapon-smith, and I felt like one because of how the game did it. I was having 3 or 4 projects going, doing many things at once, and I didnt have time to go get firewood, or things like that. I would pay people to bring it to me.

Farming
    Building a farm which grows crops its just 1 building like on an rts game when you place a building you should just have to pick a big open spot on your land and to water it you only have to water one part and it waters the hole thing insted of mass grind water every section which is really stupid and even more grind.
    I agree and disagree. I think there are even more ways to do this. I think people that want to be farmers will want to have more interaction with it, than clicking a bucket and their whole crop is done for that day. Some things you call a "Grind" but to some people its the fun part of the play. Its like hunting, do you call it a grind that you have to click attack each time you want to attack something? What if someone were to say, you just goto an area and click "hunt" skill and the whole area would give you the resources you needed. Yet this is what you want to do with things like farming.

Tribe Points

fighting another tribe win 10 points
    Chopping 200 trees a week 10 points
    fishing 100 fish 5 points
    killing 20 bears 20 points
    Tribe leaderboard add some competition to the game people love competing with people its a natural human instinct and its what makes game flourish man look my KDR look my money over yours ahahahah we love it so add it.
    Personal leaderboard - Mikey highest tree cutter - mrddt animals slain this week 60 - baby most clothes made - mrbongowongo most people slain - things like this makes grind mean a little less when your trying to be number 1 i dont know why but it does.
    This is all fluff and can be done later if there is time and content is lacking. Right now we have so many real problems and major content ideas on the table.

Mining
    mining - smelting - smithing - Swords/knifes- Battleaxes/axes - Mace/Clubs and so on

Horses - gives thing uses!!!!!
    Traveling distances easier roads have a use make you travel faster so you will make paths to places you like

Boats - Gives THINGS USESS!!!!!!!

small wood Boats to travel streams/rivers - WOOD makes boats - BOATS To FISH and to cross rivers faster obviously next to your area but if your limestone area across water and its faster youl use it more
    I agree with all these, but again more fluff when the basics are not even working. How can you have horses in game when they cant even get other things working right?
    Archery is higher on the list, AI, Economy etc.

I would love to see smelting, forages, workbenches etc. But there are sooo many things needing to be done.

Xsyon Citizen
    SoonTM ... love it

i really do think this game needs to go f2p just to try build a community maybe the game would be better if more people played doubt it cos of all the problems but maybe

F2P will not do anything to fix the game.How would having less money help in any way what so ever?

Less money, more people = more bugs to fix and people to deal with.

The game is in an early beta state IMO. They dont have the staff to keep up with REPORTED bugs, it takes months to fix what 1 patch does, they have yet to put in the promised content. I dont see what having more people will do that dont pay anything.

I know the people playing want more people to play with however, they will be just like the others that have played and left.

I disagree with F2P, however it should be free to Download with a monthly fee, And I do feel with the serious lack of content $14.99 is a bit high, I feel like I am playing a beta not a near finished game... I constantly have UI bugs that for some reason Jordi and the Dev Team cant figure out. But they take care of me because of it. So no real complaint there...

I would say Turn off PvP add reason to play the game that doesnt involve constantly logging, harvesting, scavenging... I have said for day one theres nothing to do if your not screwing with your tribe area...

Of Course, MrDDT and myself differ on the terraforming thing, I think its an over complicated system and somewhat difficult to master. It took 3 hours for someone "AWESOME GUY" joining my tribe explaining and showing me how to do it, I just dont think it should take that much...

I agree with mounts " Horses" and that they should be multi-purpose ( to pull friggen carts also ) tired of feeling like a rented mule... But theres so many particle collisions it the game world where your should be able to walk but cant or get stuck I think mounts would be a nightmare now...

I also think Ditch the animal maturity system till its 100% working and makes sense on test server. Just spawn the mobs...

Pre-made buildings make no sense, the game really needs the building parts to have up/down and rotational axis.

The game really does need some sort of economy besides barter plain and simple...

One thing most people dont understand is F2P system are not free to play, theres always an item mall to buy crap, because you cant get certain items or skill without paying REAL MONEY...

Quote Originally Posted by lordadamar View Post
    I disagree with F2P, however it should be free to Download with a monthly fee, And I do feel with the serious lack of content $14.99 is a bit high, I feel like I am playing a beta not a near finished game... I constantly have UI bugs that for some reason Jordi and the Dev Team cant figure out. But they take care of me because of it. So no real complaint there...

I would say Turn off PvP add reason to play the game that doesnt involve constantly logging, harvesting, scavenging... I have said for day one theres nothing to do if your not screwing with your tribe area...

Of Course, MrDDT and myself differ on the terraforming thing, I think its an over complicated system and somewhat difficult to master. It took 3 hours for someone "AWESOME GUY" joining my tribe explaining and showing me how to do it, I just dont think it should take that much...

I agree with mounts " Horses" and that they should be multi-purpose ( to pull friggen carts also ) tired of feeling like a rented mule... But theres so many particle collisions it the game world where your should be able to walk but cant or get stuck I think mounts would be a nightmare now...

I also think Ditch the animal maturity system till its 100% working and makes sense on test server. Just spawn the mobs...

Pre-made buildings make no sense, the game really needs the building parts to have up/down and rotational axis.

The game really does need some sort of economy besides barter plain and simple...

One thing most people dont understand is F2P system are not free to play, theres always an item mall to buy crap, because you cant get certain items or skill without paying REAL MONEY...

Your easy to use system, you posted about on terraforming doesnt cover all the issues, its much harder to code and still isnt all that easy.

Giving people more choices and able to do more things, also comes at the price of its harder to teach them and learn. You cant teach people everything about the game when you have so many options. Terraforming isnt all that hard, plus I've shown people how to do it in as little as 5 mins.

Instead of Free to Download, I would say at least 1$ to keep the major issues away, I see no problems with the monthly fees. You pay for what you want.

Why turn off PVP? Not that I disagree.

I hate F2P systems because mostly they are Pay to Win. If its just fluff stuff I have no problem but that causes all sorts of other issues. Like botting, spammers etc.

Please, please don't turn off pvp. I've restarted my character and have absolutely no chance against anyone at the moment, but I would not enjoy this game at all if I didn't have the possible threat of an intelligent enemy attacking me while I'm straying away from camp. The game might be broken, and vets might not have much incentive to do pvp, but for a new character like me it's still a scary thought to lose my only saw or my only shovel, and that kind of fear is a big part of sandbox for me. There's no good reason to turn it off, and a few good ones not to.

There is basically NO reason to play this game atm.

Regardless of the action you take, you are simply doing it to have something to do,
    not because there is a purpose or actual reason.

Build up a tribe? Nobody to really compete against or reason to interact with anyone else.

Build a house or awesome keep? why? Just to store more useless junk that everyone else has way to much of also?

I believe that atm, everyone involved with xyson needs to stop looking at the trees so closely and start looking at the forest.

Without a purpose to play, you will never keep players playing. Let me explain...

( Most ) people today have limited time to play games like this, we are all busy and want to feel our time ( even entertainment time )
    is being used well. Either we want to relax from the grind of work, or we want to hang with friends and feel like we did something useful.

Useful in this context could be making a name for yourself in a game, or leaving a permanent make on a game world, or even just blowing
    off steam from the daily frustrations of life by bashing things into submission.

Don't misunderstand me please... The looks, environments, and overall game idea is great and I really love it.

However... With Xsyon atm, I CAN login... BUT...

Most of my friends left already due to NOT getting what I mentioned above.

I have grand ideas for building but need more friends to accomplish my goals, but can't due to few playing.

Not enough players have stayed to trade, compete, or have conflicts with.

Instead of relaxing, blowing off steam or feeling I have had fun accomplishing something,
    I feel frustrated, stressed from the tedium of finding some things or even animals and without
    a larger population, defeated in any goals I may have for building or tribe growth.

The answer to me is to decide what your market is, design things that market will find relaxing,
    entertaining and fun to repeat, and either finish this and do what you said you would do, or
    just close it down and move on.