Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Areas!

The Areas!

Can someone plz explain the Areas of Xsyon?

What is the "zone" telling me? Is it like an instance or is it really another area-part? and the coord. are these only zone-based or world-based?

It is very hard to try to find someone, if u donīt know, which direction to go!

Re: The Areas!

i woud love to help you but im not inn the game yet sorry

Re:The Areas!

So much for exploration, heh hmy:
    There is the high level design of a gameplay mechanic. Then there is what everyone does in spite of it.

for example, i was zone 169 and wanted to trade something, the other person was in zone 190....!?!?! yeah ok....and now?

You go back to where you came from. Im pretty sure this is just a debug system anyways.
    There is the high level design of a gameplay mechanic. Then there is what everyone does in spite of it.

Hi

I can't help on this.I'll report it.
    [img]http://www.mgraur.jazztel.es//celestial.jpg[/img]

Pyron wrote:
    Can someone plz explain the Areas of Xsyon?

What is the "zone" telling me? Is it like an instance or is it really another area-part? and the coord. are these only zone-based or world-based?

It is very hard to try to find someone, if u donīt know, which direction to go!
    I can answer somewhat here, but not entirely, if I'm understanding you correct - but as far as your question with "instances" no, it is not an instance, you are correct in thinking it is another "area" of the world.

The world is one persistent world, there are no instances, so you will always be in the same "world" as everyone else.

My best guess would be that those "Zone xxx" names are merely placeholders until those areas are properly named.

Now, as for the directional issues of finding someone, this will get easier as the world becomes populated and built up, for now, try using natural land marks to lead your way, or the sun/moon positions.

But there is no simple "click this button to trade anywhere in the world" it's not that kind of game, so my ideas for navigation, coupled with Dio's recommendation of returning to where you came from, should help you find your way.

(If I missed your point entirely, go ahead and clarify and I'll try to answer.)

so until some one makes a map or all the areas are named there is really no way of knowing where you are in the world exept from land marks

Diocletian wrote:
    You go back to where you came from. Im pretty sure this is just a debug system anyways.
    Errmm ok.....not that i am that stupid that i am not getting to the same result lol.....

I explain....

I started at zone 190......i do a lot of scavenging (from skill-lvl 25 to 51 now)....my running-skill raises from 5 to 10. And the prob is....i didnīt move only in one direction

So..now my question......"How do i go back, where i came from?"

I have my coordinate-info for example

Zone 169 / 1532,56 / 1369,99 / 462,65

ok, zone is clear (now).....the next ones are the x and y and last is the height above the sea level.

Now, does the x and y tells me the coordinates only in the zone-area? And if so, what is the max-size of the zone? for example 2000x2000 or 2500x2500?????

And i donīt think, that zone xxx is a placeholder for a name, because u get an info about Area-Names, but i canīt remember that also the zone 190 in zone 189 changed.

oooooo, something more to find out!

*gets on my walking boots*

Leader of Ancient Embers at ancientembers.net