Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I agree
    Deathpenalty Or stats loosing is very bad!
    All our events pvp is then Down and No people make pvp!

Greetings Whorlok

I agree, a timed skill or stat loss would be acceptable as long as it is not permanent. All items dropping is extreme, especially armor and weapons.

Death penalty should be some form of debuff. Stats or items loss is pain which many people choose to not endure and pick another game. And after death, there should be an option to respawn at the spot and run to safety with short time invulnerability (and unability to attack). Distances in this game are great, traveling is slow, and if you die, runing again is punishment on its own.

Now, i found that respawn at death location was in game previously and it was changed, becouse people respawned and attacked again. Well, thats what the death penalty debuff should care of. Inspire somewhere, the wheel was invented already.

Yep, losing everything is really crappy. But I would rather endure the few clicks it takes to make new stuff than the multitude of clicks it takes to reskill any lost points. If the option of a temporary de-buff is on the table then yea that is much better for this game. Revs and players robbing you is enough.

I think dropping everything would be a START.

I also believe there should be a temp stat/skill loss that is gained through time or resting. (Not reskilling the skills/stats)

I believe also that all items "dropped" should have the QL dropped by 10% per death.

I dunno dropping everything, QL loss and a temp debuff? That is a little too extreme. Any combination of the two would suffice, because currently we are already fully lootable and revenants steal your gear. Although that latter would matter as much once they start being "removed".

Quote Originally Posted by Dakeen View Post
    I dunno dropping everything, QL loss and a temp debuff? That is a little too extreme. Any combination of the two would suffice, because currently we are already fully lootable and revenants steal your gear. Although that latter would matter as much once they start being "removed".

1) Dropping loot would stop the death porting.
    2) QL loss is the long term minor effect from dying.
    3) Temp Debuff is the short term harsh effect from dying.

Fully lootable is relative. Try looting me when I have a basket, and 4 pouches and fully armored with weapons on. You will be hard pressed if you could at all to loot fully. Heck you would be lucky to just loot the armor/weapons.

On top of that, if you are fighting 2 or 3 or 10 people. By the time you goto loot the ones that died, they are gone, or unlootable.

Good point. I don't think corpses stick around long enough, player or animal, so either way that should be lenghtened. I am still against the QL drop, to me it doesn't make much sense. My gear got scuffed up from the fight (which is going to happen faster soon™) so why does it get banged up more on my death?

Edit: Only ones that makes sense are dogs, coyotes, and bears, as they munch on sometimes after they kill you.

Edit 2: Oh for dropping everything one key difference between Xsyon and every other game I can think of, no starter NPC towns. New players who don't pick a starter tribe, even plenty of them that do will lose all their gear because you don't really expect a rabbit, squirrel, or rat to kick the crap out of you. Not really noob friendly. We have to think of every "character level" to a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakeen View Post
    Good point. I don't think corpses stick around long enough, player or animal, so either way that should be lenghtened. I am still against the QL drop, to me it doesn't make much sense. My gear got scuffed up from the fight (which is going to happen faster soon™) so why does it get banged up more on my death?
    Remove the QL drop on armor, what is the long term punishment on death then?

There is always the potential to lose you stuff. Technically it wouldn't even be a long term penalty, once it becomes a little worn you can just turn around and make more. It would be a little pointless in my opinion.

If you happen die while far away from you totem, next to no chance youd get your stuff.