Would I like Xsyon?

Well, I have been looking for something like this. And well, it sounds to good to be true from what I read. Most games are. So I wanted to reach out to the forums.

I played Runescape back in the day, must have been like 7-8 years ago or so. And I played it for many years, but in the end I got bored of it and World of warcraft came and took me on its wings.

I've tried several ""sandboxes"", Darkfall and Fallen Earth are two examples that I have played for like a month or so but got bored.
    They havent been what I was looking for even if they where at the same time.

So anyhow, would I like this game? I dislike PvP most of the time, and I dislike games where you dont have to do shit and still get the best things out there etc.

I want to build my own city or village, I want to form it as I want, if I want a farm with cows can I have that? If I want a big house and a lake, can I do that? Can I have fences around? Can I make this village or whatever wherever I want? I know its about grouping at the moment yes, but thats what Im saying .

So, what are the REAL possibilitys at the moment?
    Would I like the game?!

Thanks
    / Nico.

Re:Would I like Xsyon?

Nico wrote:
    I dislike PvP most of the time, and I dislike games where you dont have to do shit and still get the best things out there etc.

I want to build my own city or village, I want to form it as I want, if I want a farm with cows can I have that? If I want a big house and a lake, can I do that? Can I have fences around? Can I make this village or whatever wherever I want? I know its about grouping at the moment yes, but thats what Im saying .

So, what are the REAL possibilitys at the moment?
    Would I like the game?!
    PvP in this game is open so it means that PKing (player killing) is possible. The game however is designed to give that a big penalty.

You have to work for your items. Be that provide a trade that meets the others requirements or make it yourself. Therefore there is no piggy-backing unless you have a well established character that can afford to do that.

You will be able to build Tribes using a totem pole which in the eyes of devs will be designed to allow you to do everything in game - no external websites needed. However there is currently no information about these in relation to other features.

I'm sure animal breeding will be in, but no idea when. We can have unlimited pets, however this may not be exactly how you want it for cattle.

Tribe creation is something we don't know about yet. So this is speculation on my part. Yes you can build on the water front, and if you find the great location but the lake isn't big enough, get out your tools and get to work, make it bigger if you like.

Fences are the only thing that are 'lined up perfectly' in the game. That is they snap to grids and are only placable on these grids. This in my view means no diagonal fences.

As to where you want your tribe that is something unknown to us at this moment, its likely that land ownership is what will cause a lot of PvP, so in that sense yes, but it maybe able to be contested via tribal wars - again, we know nothing about how tribes will work including this.

In the end, you may find that you love the game, but the PvP nature you seem to have may want you to think about first joining another tribe to find out if you want to become a leader of one. Doing this lets you get accustomed to the game and learn ingame skills, and make friends that you may be able to start a tribe with who likes PvP and brings a few of his friends with him.
    We have cool new forums... Y~A~Y

Re:Would I like Xsyon?

currently the animals are "pocketable" i believe, meaning you cannot take them and place them in a fenced area. However they will work though, I'm not sure.

Everything is up for and will be changed at some point, so if there is something you don't like or something that doesn't seem on par with other games chances are there is more work to be done with it.

Jooky is very open to new ideas and thoughts. If the community likes an idea or he likes an idea the system will be changed to incorporate it.

The game is his baby but if changing something means that the community will gain from it he is more then happy to oblige